Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gym Leader OSLO, I'm calling you out!

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Gym Leader OSLO, I'm calling you out!

*bump for Grey*

Chaos wants a chance to nab my badge, so we should get this going, yes?

Stored Power x3. However, if this beast tries to snooze you again, close your eyes and use Swift instead. Sleep Talk if you hafta.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Double Team and then two Psyshocks!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Gym Exhibition Match!!

===Stipulations===

Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers.

Every time a Pokemon on the field faints, the type of music changes and brings about a new effect. Though this music is of adequate volume, rest assured that it will never be so loud as to drown out sound moves used by the battlers. Additionally, even if your Pokemon has the Soundproof ability or is battling with their fingers in their ears or is attempting to destroy our indestructible speakers, it doesn’t matter: no Pokemon can avoid hearing the music no matter what. After all, you can’t stop the beat!

Once the music ends, the accompanying effect will fully and completely come to an end as well. The following is a list of the various genres played at Combat Disco and their attendant effects:

‡ Category O ‡

Top 40: This style of music always plays from the beginning of the match until the first Pokemon faints; it possesses no additional effect

‡ Category A ‡

Easy Listening: Both Pokemon may only use one damage-dealing super effective move per round
    Punk: One Pokemon receives +3 Att/+3 Def and the other +3 SpA/+3 SpD
    Emo: Every action there’s a 20% chance a Pokemon will disobey its trainer’s orders and use Fake Tears instead (the Pokemon will manage to use Fake Tears regardless of whatever other status effects are in play, including but not limited to Sleep or Taunt, or even if they can’t actually learn Fake Tears)
    Screamo: Both Pokemon come under the effects of Torment until the music ends
    Rap: Both Pokemon come under the effects of Taunt until the music ends
    Tribal: An irreplaceable weather effect that negates any other existing/future weather effects occurs

‡ Category B ‡

Oldies: Attacks are either increased or decreased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: +5 HP | Generation II: +3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: -3 HP | Generation V: -5 HP
    Techno: Attacks are either decreased or increased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: -5 HP | Generation II: -3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: +3 HP | Generation V: +5 HP
    Country: Both Pokemon may only use moves with names that are nine characters or less (including spaces and punctuation)
    Reggae: After the next Pokemon is released but before commands are issued, the Gym Leader and then the challenger will openly declare one move known by the opposing Pokemon for it to “forget” for the duration of this effect
    Chiptunes: Both Pokemon can only use moves they or their previous evolution learn by TM/HM

‡ Category C ‡

Heavy Metal: Both Pokemon have their ability changed to Heavy Metal
    Rock: Both Pokemon have their type changed to Rock
    Polka: Both Pokemon have their ability changed at random
    Folk: Both Pokemon become typeless

‡ Category D ‡

Classical: Both Pokemon transform into Kricketunes with the Swarm ability

The choice of music, determined by the referee DJ, is not completely random. There is a 40% chance the genre of music played will be selected from Category A, a 30% chance it will be selected from Category B, a 25% chance it will be selected from Category C and a 5% chance it will be selected from Category D. The DJ should bear this in mind while selecting music. As well, the DJ is reminded to inform the battlers what the change in music will be before the change actually takes effect.

Since Combat Disco is a disability-friendly Gym, should either battler send out a Pokemon that requires water in order to fight, a section of the dance floor will retract to reveal a pool large enough to comfortably contain a Wailord. Furthermore, should any weather effects come into play, part of the roof will automatically pull back and open up the club interior to the sky.

Those who successfully defeat Combat Disco's Gym Leader will receive the Glitter Ball Badge as well as the house TM, Teeter Dance, to be used on a single Pokemon with legs that has competed in the Gym challenge.

===Battlers===

===Round 7===

As the dance floor stays relatively empty due to the music playing, Carbuncle makes ample use of the space. He floats over and begins to force energy to build from that gem in his forehead. The Stored blast erupts in a forceful manner and screams as it flies at Bronzasaurus. The metallic beast steadies itself and takes the blast, seemingly breaking apart into 5 enormous bells across the dance floor-to the crowds cheers.

Ca: -5E ~~ BR: -3E/-15H 4 cl.

Although there were 5 bells, there was a glaring observation that Carbuncle took advantage of. The glitter ball hanging above the dance floor. It was reflecting light and not all the light reflected off the Bronzongs. Trying to take advantage ofthis, he fired off a second blast of that energy. The force ripped through a clone with no remorse, to which B. Rex sighed, relieved. To capitalize, the metallic bell swung its arms across Car, and released a shocking wave of energy that seed to harm the muscles of the opponent.

Ca: -5E/-15H ~~ BR: -7E 3 cl.

Car refocuses, not allowing this slow bell to try and dictate the battle pace. A third blast erupts, and alas, it shatters another clone. The anger was evident on Carbuncle face, especially after the second Psyshock.

Ca: -5E/-15H ~~ BR: -7E

===End Stats===

Oslo

Note:

Last edited by DarkestLight; 29th January 2012 at 08:12 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

Carbuncle should be at 30 HP, yes'm?

Keep up the Psyshocks, Bronzy. Spam 'em.

Faint Attack clones and, if he Bides, Protect upon release.

Swift + Psyshock + Yawn!
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

*sigh* I hate math. Health restored to both parties in accurate amounts. I really hate math.
    Gym Exhibition Match!!

===Stipulations===

Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers.

Every time a Pokemon on the field faints, the type of music changes and brings about a new effect. Though this music is of adequate volume, rest assured that it will never be so loud as to drown out sound moves used by the battlers. Additionally, even if your Pokemon has the Soundproof ability or is battling with their fingers in their ears or is attempting to destroy our indestructible speakers, it doesn’t matter: no Pokemon can avoid hearing the music no matter what. After all, you can’t stop the beat!

Once the music ends, the accompanying effect will fully and completely come to an end as well. The following is a list of the various genres played at Combat Disco and their attendant effects:

‡ Category O ‡

Top 40: This style of music always plays from the beginning of the match until the first Pokemon faints; it possesses no additional effect

‡ Category A ‡

Easy Listening: Both Pokemon may only use one damage-dealing super effective move per round
    Emo: Every action there’s a 20% chance a Pokemon will disobey its trainer’s orders and use Fake Tears instead (the Pokemon will manage to use Fake Tears regardless of whatever other status effects are in play, including but not limited to Sleep or Taunt, or even if they can’t actually learn Fake Tears)
    Tribal: An irreplaceable weather effect that negates any other existing/future weather effects occurs

‡ Category B ‡

Oldies: Attacks are either increased or decreased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: +5 HP | Generation II: +3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: -3 HP | Generation V: -5 HP
    Techno: Attacks are either decreased or increased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: -5 HP | Generation II: -3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: +3 HP | Generation V: +5 HP
    Country: Both Pokemon may only use moves with names that are nine characters or less (including spaces and punctuation)
    Reggae: After the next Pokemon is released but before commands are issued, the Gym Leader and then the challenger will openly declare one move known by the opposing Pokemon for it to “forget” for the duration of this effect
    Chiptunes: Both Pokemon can only use moves they or their previous evolution learn by TM/HM

‡ Category C ‡

‡ Category D ‡

The choice of music, determined by the referee DJ, is not completely random. There is a 40% chance the genre of music played will be selected from Category A, a 30% chance it will be selected from Category B, a 25% chance it will be selected from Category C and a 5% chance it will be selected from Category D. The DJ should bear this in mind while selecting music. As well, the DJ is reminded to inform the battlers what the change in music will be before the change actually takes effect.

Since Combat Disco is a disability-friendly Gym, should either battler send out a Pokemon that requires water in order to fight, a section of the dance floor will retract to reveal a pool large enough to comfortably contain a Wailord. Furthermore, should any weather effects come into play, part of the roof will automatically pull back and open up the club interior to the sky.

Those who successfully defeat Combat Disco's Gym Leader will receive the Glitter Ball Badge as well as the house TM, Teeter Dance, to be used on a single Pokemon with legs that has competed in the Gym challenge.

===Battlers===

===Round 8===

Drastic times call for drastic measures. With no other forseeable option, the Espeon calls upon all its energy, even the stuff that's being hampered by the giant bell's stupid Psyshock. After the initial blast is over, Carbuncle releases his own blast. The force and effect were too varied for the beast to note-and as the muscles ceased to tense, the massive Pokemon rocked back and forth, weary.

Ca: -13E/-9H ~~ BR: -7E/-14H drw

With the clones gone, and its mind clouded with dreamlike symptoms, The bell tried to attack one last time.It's sometimes good to be slow, as you know you take a certain amount of time to attack. As Carbuncle was wide open, it was very easy to make its muscles cramp once more. And then....it fell into sleepy land.

Ca: >_O -9H ~~ BR: -7E Slp

And asleep Rex stayed.

===End Stats===

Grey

Note:

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Excellent, Carbuncle. Dream Eater as it sleeps, then use Psyshock when it wakes up. However, if it brings out any clones, Swift them!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Sleep Talk until you wake up!

If you wake up, Psyshock.

Veteran Trainer

*sigh* I hate math. Health restored to both parties in accurate amounts. I really hate math.
    Gym Exhibition Match!!

===Stipulations===

‡ Category O ‡

‡ Category A ‡

‡ Category B ‡

‡ Category C ‡

‡ Category D ‡

===Battlers===

===Round 9===

With him asleep, Carbuncle takes a chance. This folk battle has taken long enough. With the table turned, he dives into the dream world of the bell and immediately begins sucking away at all the bells....so many bells. The bell snores, and spins in place. Free arms slap Carbuncle back, making that gain an effective loss.

Ca: -7E/+5H/-10H ~~ BR: Slp -4E/-10H

Rex stays asleep. Fortunate for the Espeon, as he continues to nibble away at the nomness that is the dream world of Rex. Rex however soon realizes his dream world is no longer as pristine as it needs to be, and starts to stir. In its stir, it lashes out again, this time mentally. A thrust of extrasensory energy lashes at Carbuncle. The Espeon hisses at the strike, irked this thing was still living.

Ca: >_O -7E/+5H/-9H ~~ BR: -4E/-10H

Being awake has it advantages. For one, it allowed Carbuncle to look his foe in the eye. This allowed for a Psyshock connection to run deep through the bell. As the bell fell on its back, Carbuncle sighed. But its guard was still up. As it should be. The wave of energy that attacked its mind was pained and agonistic. In due time, the Espeon fell over, succumbing to the will of the bell. But this match was not over.

Ca: >_O -7E/-9H ~~ BR: -7E/-9H

===End Stats===

Oslo

Note:

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Rock Polish + Faint Attack. If he's still alive, Faint Attack again.

If he uses Protect/Endure, use Protect, 'cause he's probably using them as part of a combo.

Quick Attack + Psyshock + Swift, Carbuncle!
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

Gym Exhibition Match!!

===Stipulations===

‡ Category O ‡

‡ Category A ‡

‡ Category B ‡

‡ Category C ‡

‡ Category D ‡

===Battlers===

===Round 10===

As the folk music starts to die down, I note both Pokemon are on their last strings. Must be the way of the song. With complex strategies given by both forces-each muster up the last reserves of energy they have and gave it their all.

Rex spun in lace and thrust itself forward, as Carbuncle dashed in a beeline for its bell shaped body. However, as strange as it may sound, Rex vanished. Carbuncle didn't stop however, making a wide U-Turn and running full speed -staring at an open space. It was at that moment that Rex reappeared in the exact spot where Carbuncle was heading, making for an excellent collision of energies.

Ca: -11E/-8H ~~ BR: -9E/-14H +2 Spd

Well then. DKO. DJ CAN WE GET A CHANGE OF MUSIC?

::The DJ nods, and gets to work on the 1's and 2s..Several intered mixes and beats later, we get awarded with a deluge of...Country? Ohh hell yeah!::

===End Stats===

Grey,Oslo, Grey, Oslo

Note:

Entertaining quotes!

You've done well, Carbuncle. Now let's get you a new attack!

Meanwhile, I'm gonna try something different -- Hephaestus [M Heatran, @Flame Body], you're up!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Hrm...

Gonna fight Fire with Fire. La Polla Loca, you're up! Shiny female Blaziken with Blaze.

Alright, this limitation's gonna be interesting, so let's get through it. Heph, start with a Mud-Slap, followed by Headbutt. Finish with Bulldoze!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

La Polla Loca, use Agility to dodge the mud. Follow with Counter and a Bulldoze of your own.

Veteran Trainer

Gym Exhibition Match!!

===Stipulations===

‡ Category O ‡

‡ Category A ‡

‡ Category B ‡

‡ Category C ‡

‡ Category D ‡

===Battlers===

===Round 11===

Country. Well I can't complain, there are some good Country songs. As the DJ rips up some Cotton Eye Joe, the floor is awash with eager faces ready to two step and swing dance. I'm bout to get in this, but I got a battle to finish up! The overheated Heatran that makes an appearance stands tall, ready to take on the Blaziken Oslo released.

La Pollo Loca dashed backwards, even as Heph tried to fling a few shards of confetti at the fellow fire type.

Heph: -3E ~~ LPL: -3E +2 Spd

In league with the dancing group, Pollo shimmied backwards, snapping its fingers to the beat. Disregarding the music-Heph flung its body forward, and rammed into her! However, Pollo just bent inward to cushion the bow, and throw the beast backwards with a twirl! Heph flew sideways, landing in a heap near a few tables over to the left.

Heph: -4E/-10H ~~ LPL: -6E/-5H

Heph grunted, and got up from that strike. The beast slammed the entirety of its weight down onto the dance floor, disrupting the whole rhythm. In counteractive measure, Pollo released the same move-to Heph's dismay.

Heph: -6E/-18H -Spd~~ LPL: -6E/-12H -Spd

Pollo seems to have all the right moves.

===End Stats===

Oslo

Note:

Last edited by DarkestLight; 8th February 2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Last Pokemon each....

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Another Bulldoze. Follow with ThunderPunch and Low Kick.

Aerial Ace cloney-clones.

EDIT: Woah, what was I thinking with ThunderPunch and Aerial Ace...
    Last edited by Oslo; 7th February 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Veteran Trainer

Nooooo idea XD

Entertaining quotes!

Oshi, it's my turn! Attract this dancin' girl, then use a Mud-Slap to blind her. Finish with a Bulldoze of y'er own!
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

Gym Exhibition Match!!

===Stipulations===

‡ Category O ‡

‡ Category A ‡

‡ Category B ‡

‡ Category C ‡

‡ Category D ‡

===Battlers===

===Round 12===

Dixie Chicks? Ok I can get with it. I had to change into my doodads in order to fit with the flannel that exploded on the floor right naw. Pollo Loca and Heph are still trading blows, but Heph tries to deal with the fact that the ground seems to move along with Pollo's graceful steps. He trips as he tries to learn the swinging moves, but his awkward attempts ... it seems to warm Pollo's flaming spirit.

Heph: -2E/-18H -Spd ~~ LPL: -6E Atr (50)

Though a little slow on the advance, Heph noted that Pollo wasn't bouncing around as much as she was watching him. Good-his trap worked. Pollo waited to see if he was able to get that last combination down...but wound up with some splinters blinding her vision. She sqwaked, but instead of lashing out, she just sat there and waiting. Love is a delicate creature...

Heph: -3E ~~ LPL: -6H -Acc (45)

Well, he really was a guy with two left feet. Pollo sauntered over and made sure to kick his rear right foot under his body. Not hard to tell who on the dance floor has 4 legs. It was that kick (though painful) that allowed Heph to perform the move he just saw Pollo do. Pollo fell backwards on her rear from its force, but she clapped in excitement. It really worked!

Heph: -6E/-14H ~~ LPL: -5E/-12H -Spd (35)

===End Stats===

Grey

Note:

Last edited by DarkestLight; 19th February 2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: I do it in my head >O

Entertaining quotes!

Where did you learn to math, Darkly? 72 - (18 + 14) = 40, and 83 - (12 + 6) = 65.

Try another Bulldoze, Heph. Then Frustration. Then another Bulldoze.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

We're going to go similar but slightly different route: Bulldoze, Overheat, Bulldoze.

(Also, Frustration has too many letters! Frustrating, huh? )

Veteran Trainer

Gym Exhibition Match!!

===Stipulations===

‡ Category O ‡

‡ Category A ‡

‡ Category B ‡

‡ Category C ‡

‡ Category D ‡

===Battlers===

===Round 13===

Well now. We done slowed it down so ya'll can get reeeal close. Pollo saunters over to Heph, and extends her hand. Heph politely declined, but that sure wasn't going over to well with Pollo. She slammed her foot in the ground, and demanded a dance! After the little shake fest was over, Help replied with a similar stomp-now that he knew how to do it.

Heph: -6E/-18H -Spd ~~ LPL: -6E/-12H -Spd(30)

Pollo sighed, and walked away, dejected. Heph, knowing its mean to deny a girl a dance-especially when you look like Heph; tried to explain. But he was unable to voice his frustration. Hate having cold feet and clammy tongue.

Heph: ~~ LPL: <3.<3 (25)

Angered, Pollo turned around and stomped back over. but she got swept up in the throng of people who were back to doing country dubstep. As a result, her aim was off. Heph took the opportunity to hit the waning lustful Blaziken with a second Bulldoze.

Heph: -6E ~~ LPL: -6E/-12H -Spd (20)

===End Stats===

Oslo

Note:

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Alternate between Bulldoze and Low Kick until he's down!

Since you're faster, use Roar to drown out any Attracts/Taunts.

EDIT: Also, Darkly, can you double-check your damage calc for the last Low Kick I used? 'Cause I'm suddenly realizing that 14 HP seems a low, considering Heatran is Steel and almost weighs as much as Snorlax...

Veteran Trainer

Accuracy made it off (hence why it helped Heph do the twostep.) It does a heck of alot more. Sorry if that was unclear.

Entertaining quotes!

Dig underground, Heph, then combine the attack with Bulldoze when coming up!
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

Gym Exhibition Match!!

===Stipulations===

‡ Category O ‡

‡ Category A ‡

‡ Category B ‡

‡ Category C ‡

‡ Category D ‡

===Battlers===

===Round 14===

Heph had one hell of an idea. In a flash...well a slow moving window reflection flash, he tried to break the dance floor and get to the street underneath. Pollo walked over, and knelt down, watching Heph start digging. She asked him what he was doing, only to get pushed away. That was her last straw. She stomped her foot to get his attention.

He simply pushed though the pain, and soon vanished from sight.

Heph: -3E/-18H -Spd ~~ LPL: -6E(15)

Furious, Pollo paced. Her love was waning fast , and it was not helping that Heph didn't know what he was in for. However, as he rose back to the surface, he shook up the ground emphatically. The country folk loved it...but Pollo didn't First she was stripped up and then smashed in the back by Heph. She lied sprawled n the ground, dazed. In that hazy daze, she tried kicking at Heph, but he was farther than she judged distance for.

Heph: -9E ~~ LPL: -22H(10)

Her hits not connecting, Pollo threw herself up and slammed her fists in the floor. This caught Heph's attention, as he once again felt weak to his knees. Too weak, as he fell over, defeated.

Heph: -6E/-18H ~~ LPL: -6E

===End Stats===

Olso pulls out a victory in his first Gym Exhibition match! A well fought match by both competitors

Note:

Entertaining quotes!

Well played, Os. I'll just take my points and leave then. :p
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Good battle! Way closer than I would have hoped.

And with that, COMBAT DISCO IS OFFICIALLY OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

(Also, if either of you have any suggestions for changes I could/should make, my ears are open!)

Veteran Trainer

Good deal. Now I can make modifications in the Gym Tower....as that place needs activity. Also woot to finish battle. Uhhh none come to mind, the Gym theme switches are infrequent enough to always be fresh. Im sure in time I'll nitpick, but you are good to go.

Entertaining quotes!