Thread: Requesting Beta Reader(s)!

Written Into A Corner... Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Requesting Beta Reader(s)!

I'm working on a novel that's based on a Dungeons & Dragons campaign my gaming group finished a couple months ago. The camp itself ended with great satisfaction for some of us, not so much for others, and dumped a lot of information in my lap that I'm trying to develop into a working, cohesive saga of vast epicness. (Bad grammar for the win.)

I have a couple people I might normally ask to (proof)read it, but in fact I don't think I should rely on them, as they would be the ones to tell me it's good writing, no matter what I crank out. I think this, out of all the stories I've written, probably has the greatest potential to cross a publisher's desk. It's difficult, however, for me to make use of some of the elements that ended up being staples in the campaign - I'm fortunate to have creative freedom in this case - so I'm seeking beta readers who will be able to pick it apart, in the event that I go off on tangents that make no sense. We had a bunch of inside jokes and material involved that really has no place in a story I'm trying to make flow gracefully.

No kidding here. What I stand in need of is criticism. (And don't bother telling me, I already know my teeth are kinda big.) The solitary obligation of this endeavor would be to read it and tell me how you think I can make it better. Even if this story doesn't become a published work, I know that I can always become a better writer.

Who would be interested in lending me a hand?

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Requesting Beta Reader(s)!

I totes would if you won't mind doing the same for me

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.