If such existed, I'd go out into the world and burn every copy of the original Against All Odds I could find. At first, every reviewer and critic who read the thing was all, "This is an awesome story! Deep and long and such a pleasure to read!" And that was a heck of a way to stroke my ego and keep writing exactly the same way I'd been doing it.

But a few years ago, I started questioning whether it really was all that, and my own doubt was confirmed by one reviewer on Fanfiction.net who politely and respectfully tore it to shreds. At first I wanted to slap that guy, but it was only the initial reaction to his review... and as I looked over the tale, I realized that he was right about virtually everything he had to say.

Hence my rewrite. Now when I read over the original, I'm like, "Jeez, that's terrible!" Celine hears me mutter about it and constantly reminds me I was fifteen when I wrote it, and it was pretty good stuff for the age of fifteen. But I can never find it in myself to look at it that way. I always compare it to my writing ability now. I find myself saying, "Sheesh, I can write better than that! Why didn't I?!"

But now I'm doing it. I ought to have loads and loads of time to work on it now, because I'm in an empty home for the next couple months. Distraction free (supposedly!).