Thread: What are your writing goals for 2012?

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: What are your writing goals for 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu View Post
    *takes a small notebook from his backpack*

It seems I have written more than half a page down here, 18 lines. Wow!

That's not entirely everything though. I can reveal that Plan A will be a crossover FanFic and I have read various internet pages for the backstory. Also, I have gathered ideas inside my head and there's a lot of what I haven't written down. But I'm still not sure if I can carry on with my plan and that's why I still keep this in secret. I'll post the first chapter/introduction/prologue eventually, but not until I have a clearer picture how the fic is going to progress and even end. I'm sorry about this secrecy, but you have to bear with me because I don't want to make a big fuss about something that's not sure to be completed. Perfectionism, yes. Perhaps I AM making a big fuss about this just now.

And then I have Plan B and perhaps even Plan C, and actually Plan B seems a lot easier to execute than Plan A.

I wish good luck to everyone who want to achieve something in their writing this year as well, that aside!
    Well done with what you've got done so far, Mikachu, that's a great effort. And I totally understand the secrecy and the wanting to have something done perfectly before you share it, or even speak about it. I think most writers here will empathise on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 2.1 View Post
    I didn't mention any goals at the start of the year, but thought I'd wade in.

2012 wil be the year Show-Off is wrapped up, which is quite exciting. I aim to get more chapters up more often; I have about 10 left, so it's not long really. It's hard to believe the fic is beginning to close... but as ever I have a few other ideas I'm working on.

I'm not sure what I'm doing next; I have been wanting to do another fantasy fic and I've spent a few months working on characters and setting, doing concept sketches. Whether or not it's for TPM is a different matter, mind.

Another fic I'm keen to start is a more old-school trainer fic, a classic gym one. I spent a long time going away from that genre since it got so stale, but I'm keen to feature a female protagonist, and set it in Hoenn.

So 2012 is going to be a big year, i think....
    ^A fantasy fic would be exciting. Would you try to get it published, do you think, if you don't use it for TPM?

If you're finishing Show-Off this year and I'm finishing LTL, we should keep each other accountable with posting updates!

Sounds like a busy year indeed. Do you think you'll go for the trainer fic or the fantasy one first?
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: What are your writing goals for 2012?

I haven’t actually done it yet, the intention is there… but right now I’m rather unmotivated. I need to work the kinks out and make the characters so much better than they are, in fact the only part of the entire NaNo I like is the ending, and to be honest it’s quite the depressing end (not necessarily a bad ending, but a sad one).

I’m working on a semi-private writing challenge (sharing it with my sis, becki and asi) and trying to get re-established with my starcraft fic…

Amusing tidbit: that reviewer who scared me away? He was the first one to reply back to the new chapter I posted… ‘cept he was much more polite, I think he figured out my little rant about being respectful was about him…

Writing regularly is a pain I fine, the challenge I’m doing is every week… I haven’t done my blurb yet… I’ll eventually start it… but right now I’m totally distracted by other things (like Mass Effect 3… >.> My writing is gonna die because that game comes out tomorrow~).