Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu View Post
*takes a small notebook from his backpack*

It seems I have written more than half a page down here, 18 lines. Wow!

That's not entirely everything though. I can reveal that Plan A will be a crossover FanFic and I have read various internet pages for the backstory. Also, I have gathered ideas inside my head and there's a lot of what I haven't written down. But I'm still not sure if I can carry on with my plan and that's why I still keep this in secret. I'll post the first chapter/introduction/prologue eventually, but not until I have a clearer picture how the fic is going to progress and even end. I'm sorry about this secrecy, but you have to bear with me because I don't want to make a big fuss about something that's not sure to be completed. Perfectionism, yes. Perhaps I AM making a big fuss about this just now.

And then I have Plan B and perhaps even Plan C, and actually Plan B seems a lot easier to execute than Plan A.

I wish good luck to everyone who want to achieve something in their writing this year as well, that aside!
Well done with what you've got done so far, Mikachu, that's a great effort. And I totally understand the secrecy and the wanting to have something done perfectly before you share it, or even speak about it. I think most writers here will empathise on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 2.1 View Post
I didn't mention any goals at the start of the year, but thought I'd wade in.

2012 wil be the year Show-Off is wrapped up, which is quite exciting. I aim to get more chapters up more often; I have about 10 left, so it's not long really. It's hard to believe the fic is beginning to close... but as ever I have a few other ideas I'm working on.

I'm not sure what I'm doing next; I have been wanting to do another fantasy fic and I've spent a few months working on characters and setting, doing concept sketches. Whether or not it's for TPM is a different matter, mind.

Another fic I'm keen to start is a more old-school trainer fic, a classic gym one. I spent a long time going away from that genre since it got so stale, but I'm keen to feature a female protagonist, and set it in Hoenn.

So 2012 is going to be a big year, i think....
^A fantasy fic would be exciting. Would you try to get it published, do you think, if you don't use it for TPM?

If you're finishing Show-Off this year and I'm finishing LTL, we should keep each other accountable with posting updates!

Sounds like a busy year indeed. Do you think you'll go for the trainer fic or the fantasy one first?