Thread: Final Fantasy [Begins]

Threaded View

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Final Fantasy [Begins]

Jin

It was a job well done!

Jin had a smile in his face as he saw the fireworks illuminate the city. He didn’t care about how much rush he had to go through hours earlier as the crew finished the last details of the festival. He didn’t care either about the pressure felt while having everything related to the festival built with “perfection”. He was just here with nothing in his mind, except the words he heard from his trainer: “Enjoy what you do Jin.”There was a lot of activity around him due to the festival, but he was adapted to be “invisible”, so he just stood there, watching everything around him move while he remained “still”. He was adapted to this ever since he began living alone, and from what it seemed, he could enjoy the festival like this.

…But life had other plans for Jin. If not, then the chaos that would engulf the festival would definitely work on this. His inner thoughts of peace were broken along with the stage now in ruins due to the evil creature now creating havoc in the city. And with a roar louder than thunder, it’s no surprise that even Jin’s poker face would transform into a serious and fearful look.

The city was in chaos and now almost everyone was running for their lives. He would notice a few brave souls fighting the creatures but he was hesitant to join them, so he preferred to help the people get away. At least, his small amount of training with the Defence Core would help him achieve that. Looking out for the Goblins, he helped a few citizens move outside of danger. But things weren’t going to be a piece of cake for anyone. And just as he was helping a few kids reach safety, he felt as a sudden weight made him fall face first into the ground.

Moving out the body out of the way so he wound be able to stand up again, he noticed that a fellow DC officer lied dead in the ground. He was shocked! After all, he had one of the new prototype weapons being tested in among the Core’s elite guards. Not even he was unable to withstand the wrath of the Goblins and of the Gorgonopsids. But what made him lose his mind was to notice that the kids he was trying to help were also lying on the floor… motionless.

His mind went on a complete blank, except for one word: Rage.

Picking up his fallen teammate’s weapons –A pair of mechanized tonfas–, he rushed towards the monsters. He gripped the weapons tighter, thus pressing the button to make them spin automatically, excellent to shield him from the attacks and to take down many of them at the same time. One… two… three… he was taking down each goblin as he endured the hits from their heavy hands. He took out a lot of these and even a Gorgonopsid along the way. But eventually, the hits would take a toll on him; and just as he was staring at the demonic Behemoth and getting ready to rush towards where it was, he was taken down when a Gorgonopsid landed on top of him.

______

Jin woke up feeling ache all over his body. Using a nearby wall as support, he managed to get up. Leaning against the very wall, he explored the surroundings with his eyes. Everything was unfamiliar to him.

That means I’m officially lost

He just let his body slide into the floor, though he regretted that as soon as he did it. His back had been cut by the claws of the Gorgonopsid who knocked it out of the battle.

Ah, right!

He scouted the area with his eves again, but there were no signs of the monster. Releasing a light sound of relief, he decided to remain there, resting a bit.

How reckless of me…

His thoughts were focused on the past battle. And in the train of logic, he looked at his side, noticing that he had the tonfas close to him. It took him a few minutes, but he got the hang of them soon. Rotation and Extension… Defense and Offense. That’s all he needed to know.

Suddenly, a sound made his head turn in the direction of a nearby corridor.

Footsteps… he readied his newly acquired weapons to whatever was coming.
    Hiding himself behind a nearby wall and holding one of the weapons close, he quietly awaited whatever was coming. He wasn’t ready to be stabbed from behind again… but he stopped hearing the footsteps. Something wasn’t right…

And out of the blue, a bright sword crossed paths with his stick.

“Who are you?” The woman was standing there with her blade pushing the tonfa closer to Jin. Jin did not answer and used his second tonfa to try and catch her off guard. He missed, though.

She’s good… really good

“Don’t make this hard on yourself” She replied as she landed a second blow in Jin. And just as he was about to move out of her way, a third blow from an unknown source caught him off guard, making him fall in his bottom. “Now answer… who are you?” The woman changed her blade into a rifle and the laser was now pointed at Jin’s forehead.

Jin finally noticed that the third blow came from a young man a bit taller than him. He could’ve sworn he’d seen him before, but that wasn’t important right now.

“Jin” He had no choice but to reply to the woman pointing the gun at him.

“Wait...” The teenager had the same look as Jin now. “Don’t I know you from somewhere?”

“You know him Nova?” The woman asked the young boy.

“Not really... however, I've seen him somewhere.” The boy replied as he tried to recall a fading memory.

Nova… Eden… both names sound so familiar… that’s when Jin remembered something…

“Nova… weren’t you in the Defence Core?” Jin replied as a vague memory of the young man slipped through his mind.

_________

Well, I think it was about time I could finally come up with something. I missed a lot so I hope I can make it up for it soon. Tag Eden (Crystal Tears) and Nova (Chobichibi)
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf; 19th July 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^