Bellaevis
:: the bear and the maiden fair* ::

Oh great, a Behemoth. Bellaevis wasn't amazingly certain of her ability to take down something so large, considering her general lack of warrior... ness... but it sure wasn't going to stop her trying! And anyway, she fancied looking quite hard in front of that big sexy lump of a man Cid, so that could always go in her favour.

Not that she needed to look hard to get someone into the sack, but that hefty dose of adrenaline always made everything sharper and a hell of a lot more awesome, which was quite a feat in most situations.

But, for now, there was a giant lump of Behemoth monster to beat down. She grinned in Eden's direction as Markus held up the creature's attack.

“Two pints says I manage the finishing blow!”

And she dashed in, vaguely aware of a shout from Eden, but to hell with that and definitely to hell with safety. She was planning on taking this sucker out then riding the high all night if she had to get injured to manage it!

Holding out her erhu bow as she ran, Bellaevis zipped in between the Behemoth's legs and swung upwards, hard. Hard enough to make the beast roar in anguish and shout something in his guttural language that she could have sworn were actual swear words. Brilliant.

She nipped out from under him again, winking exaggeratedly at Markus, who had managed to get himself out of the way in the brief respite.

“Come on, guys!” she yelled, boosting her voice above the carnage to be sure that everyone on her side heard. “Make me wanna write a filthy song about how awesome this battle is, yeah?”

She launched into a tune, bellowing it out with all the bar-singing ability of her trained lungs. A few monsters were nothing compared to singing over a rowdy bar fight after midnight. Spinning herself around between lines, she expertly took out one of the little guys with a hefty smack beneath the chin, and it rolled away with a pained yelp, eyes rolling back into its skull.

♪ A bear there was, a bear, A BEAR ♪ she sang, although it was more booming than actual singing. ♪ All black and brown and covered with HAIR! ♪

Her tactic seemed to be working, or at the very least, it was making the group grin a little bit instead of grimacing, which was all for the better.

She inhaled a deep breath; ♪ Oh come, they said! Oh come to the fair! ♪ ducking next to Eden, Bellaevis elbowed her in the ribs. She received a glare for her trouble as Eden danced out of the way of a blow from the Behemoth.

“Are you going to fight, or are you just going to wander around singing?” Eden snapped, but there wasn't too much bite behind it, and even if there had have been, Bellaevis would have ignored it anyway.

“You guys love my singing!” Bellaevis pouted, breaking off from her ballad for a second. “I've lost count of how many times you've asked me for The Bear and the Maiden Fair, anyway.”

Eden levelled a Look at her. “After how many drinks?

“Not the point,” Bellaevis called out as she legged it away from the Behemoth's next swing. She ducked underneath again, this time going in with a stabbing motion right in the unmentionables.

♪ The fair, said he! ♪ she punctuated each break with another stab, ♪ But I'm a BEAR! ♪

*for any interested parties, the song The Bear and the Maiden Fair is stolen straight out of George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. See here for lyrics.