Thread: Final Fantasy [Begins]

Hybrid View

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Final Fantasy [Begins]

Alex and Eden

It wasn’t like Eden to hide from anything – but this… this particular scenario was one of those rare moments where she had chosen to hide.

Well, not so much hide as to pretend to still be asleep while the violence outside ensued. When everything quieted down, she slipped out of bed and was quick to get dressed into her pj bottoms and a tank top. Stepping outside her room, she nearly bumped into Markus and noted the red mark quickly making an appearance.

That was going to bruise.

Jin stood there, silently watching the duo. Eden glared at him.

“Don’t you have something better to do?”

Jin shifted his weight, he was uncomfortable under her stern gaze and quickly vacated downstairs.

Eden touched Markus cheek and turned his face roughly to look at the welt. “Have Alex heal it.” She stated, unaffected by his lack of clothes. “And get dressed,” she gave him a frown that was common from her. “You could’ve gotten dressed in my room.”

“I…” He faltered. “Thought it was better I go back to my room.”

“Yeah, that worked out great for you.”

“It did.” Markus snorted, “You know, besides the-running-into-your-brother-fiasco.”

“He knocked you on your ass.” Despite managing not to smile, Eden couldn’t hide her bemusement at that particular fact.

“Don’t start.” He clearly wasn’t in the mood.

“Have Alex look at your hammer wound too.” Eden added on, catching a confused gaze from her partner. She shrugged. “It acted up a bit,” she paused, trying to put it delicately. “Last night, when…”

He couldn’t hide the little smile on his face, in light of that fact, Markus pivoted and went back into the huntress’s room, promptly kicking the door shut. “I’m getting dressed – go stop your brother from plotting my demise.”

Eden paused in the hall, shaking her head for a second before she promptly knocked on Alex’s door. Slowly it opened, revealing a bashful, nervous songstress.

“When he’s dressed, fix his face.” She looked back at her own door. “Try helping his back too.”

Alex blinked. “What’s wrong with his back?” Then she began to turn a shade close to a tomato. “Oh! Gods, nevermind! I didn’t mean to pry… I’ll fix it-“

“It’s not like that.” The huntress scowled. “He landed on Kite’s hammer back at the fal’Cie temple.”

“Oh!” Suddenly the younger girl felt entirely stupid. She bowed her head. “Sorry! I… well… I’ll just be quiet now.”

Eden’s scowl lightened to something close to a smile. “Don’t worry too much about it, just don’t mention it to anyone.” The huntress crossed her arms; even in her comfort clothes she looked intimidating. “I don’t need people jumping to conclusions.”

“Right.” Alex nodded.

Downstairs was all sorts of awkward Eden didn’t want to deal with.

Coffee… She thought dully, ignoring the looks she got from Jin, Kite, and the complete lack of a greeting she received from her brother. She went straight for the automated brewing machine and poured herself a cup, put in a tiny amount of milk in it. Stirring it gently, her eyes flicked to her brother, he was facing the window – hunched over, probably thinking.

Great… Eden’s mental frown transferred to her face as she took a sip of her drink and approached him.

Nova didn’t grace her with even a glance as she stepped up beside her.

She glared at the other two.

Knowing what it meant, they vacated the area. Jin ran back upstairs and Kite slunk out of sight.

“I need to talk to you.”

Nova didn’t speak a word, just headed outside to the garden. Eden followed, her irritation growing into frustration.

“Nova…”

He didn’t reply; he was intent on ignoring her.

“Nova-”

“I don’t want to talk.”

Eden’s brow furrowed, and with her free hand she grabbed his shoulder and roughly threw him to the ground. The boy groaned, eyes slowly opening to see a rather cool woman standing over him, sipping her coffee.

“I don’t recall making it an option.”

He looked, well, pissed. “Fuc-ARGHgrghh…”

Eden had no intention of killing her brother, but she was a Command Huntress. She wasn’t going to allow some brat, even a brat related to her – talk to her in that manner. She pressed her bare foot to his neck, threatening to cut off his air supply. He struggled against her, panic and anger making him forget his training. Calmly, she took another sip before she spoke.

“It’s a wonder how Alex finds you at all appealing,” Eden noted, glancing down at her squirming brother. “As adorable as it was for you to defend my honour, it’s not up to you who I sleep with.” She took another drink. “He didn’t take advantage of me Nova, so please stop attacking Markus.”

As she lightened the pressure a little, her baby brother looked up at her and choked out words. “You… could do better.”

“And you could be a law-abiding citizen, but we all have our flaws.” The huntress shrugged. “Leave it alone Nova, I don’t care if you don’t like him but right now in our situation he’s one of the few allies we have.” She paused, “and don’t you dare mention this to Kara.”

Nova huffed as Eden stepped back and released him from the very odd hold. “I’ll leave it alone, for now. At least until this mess is sorted.”

Her heart panged with a bit of guilt at that statement and she moved away.

There is no happy ending Nova. She didn’t have the stomach to say that to him, so she just continued on her little garden stroll to the tree she had sat under last night.

“Sis?”

Eden slowly looked over at her brother, who was rubbing his neck as she approached her. He didn’t look like the rebellious young man that had caused her so much grief, no… now he more resembled the little boy that had just lost his parents. The huntress put her coffee down next to her and watched him slump down on the patio in front of the bench.

“Hm?”

“Can we change our fate?”

No.

“… Yes.” Eden finally answered. “If you fight hard enough, you can change anything.”
    Last edited by Crystal Tears; 22nd January 2013 at 11:59 PM.