Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dioscuri VS Ash0011 (ref: Oslo)

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Dioscuri VS Ash0011 (ref: Oslo)

use aura sphere to reveal the true eddie then use final gambit until it succeeds

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Dioscuri View Post
    Ugh...thought Miracle eye might help but oh well
    Miracle Eye normally would dispel clones, but Eddie uses it at a weird moment after Ricario's clones had been decimated but before he Doubled Teamed some new ones into existence.

TEAM ASH0011
    versus
    TEAM DIOSCURI

Rules: n/a
    Abilities: Active
    DQ Time: One week

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 9 ‡

The battle continues as Eddie concentrates on restoring his energy. Ricario charges a concentrated ball of gleaming Aura and hurls it at his opponent. Though the Fighting-type move does very little against the Psychic-type, its ability to hone in on an enemy allows it to strike the real Eddie successfully. With that, the Elgyem clones vanish.

Ricario: <-7 EP; 3 clones>
    Eddie: <-5 HP; +6 EP; 0 clones>

Eddie commands a bevy of rocks to tumble down from the heavens. They take out three of the clones, leaving the real Ricario unscathed. Using a calculated mental maneuver, Ricario uses all of his health and attempts to lower Eddie as far as possible. At a certain point, both Pokemon’s health simply stops plummeting. They look around, confused.

Ricario: <-40 HP; -60 EP; 1 clone>
    Eddie: <-35 HP; -6 EP>

Eddie commands another Rock Slide to tumble down upon Ricario, destroying his clones. However, since Ricario has already received as much damage as he can this round, they don’t hurt him. They do, however, prevent him from attacking any further. His ability kicks in, however, and he begins to glow.

Ricario: <Fln; +1 Spd; 0 clones>
    Eddie: <-6 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> I asked DL what to do in this situation because I always ref with a 40% damage cap unless explicitly instructed otherwise. He told me that both Pokemon lose 40 HP and Ricario loses 60 EP. Since both Pokemon hit the cap, they didn't lose more health than that. I hope hope that's clear. If not... pester DL.
    > Eddie will remain Levitating for one more round
    > TEAM ASH0011 to command next

Advanced Trainer

... final gambit is supposed to take both pokemon out, drat relax then dark pulse then finish with final gambit if it protects use double team if it double teams use aura sphere

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ash0011 View Post
    ... final gambit is supposed to take both pokemon out
    Right, which it would have done were it not for the cap.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

To help with Final Gambit, since it's one of those weird moves GF will undoubtedly tweak in upcoming games...

It's a move that, unlike Explosion/Selfdestruct-is not a surefire way of defeating of another Pokemon. In game, if you use Final Gambit when you had 1 HP left, you would die, and you would inflict 1 HP worth of damage. Waste of time.

So to modify it here, we had to ask ourselves-how in the world does a move like that fit with damage caps? We deduced that the strike-which would take everything you could feasibly give at that time-would hit for that amount you could feasibly give. This way, if you were at 50, and he was at 30, and you use Final Gambit, you'd be at 20-defeating your foe.

To avoid using this move in a cheezing manner, I upped the (suggested) cost to 60E-now the highest energy costing move in ASB. This will be retooled, possibly to 40 to keep it in line with Rest and Explosion (which use 25 and 30 respectively)

As you are learning ASB Ash, you will see it a a tricky foe to master. Like Othello.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer

Ahhh my old foe, othello
    Yes I can see how it can be cheap... Maby add a 50% chance of doing 1/2 damage and still fainting the user? It is a gambit

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Oh no I understand, I forgot I Would move first with miracle eye, wasn't a complaint.

Double edit: If I read ash last post he posted
    Relax ~ Dark Pulse ~ Final Gambit sub: if protect Double team Sub2: if Double team Aura Sphere
    my attacks: Relax ~ Protect ~ Recover Sub: if Lucario can't attack due to Energy lost then hit with Rock Slide.

right)
    Last edited by Dioscuri; 6th March 2012 at 01:24 AM.

Master Trainer

Actually, it's Ash's turn to command first for the round.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Oslo...Ash posted attacks.

Master Trainer

Lol, this has been an off week for me.

Will try to have this up tonight!

Master Trainer

TEAM ASH0011
    versus
    TEAM DIOSCURI

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 10 ‡

Since Ricario is feeling very weak after that energy-sucking Final Gambit, the Lucario decides to kneel and regain his health. Eddie, however, who has plenty of energy… also chooses to Relax? Though he doesn’t exactly need the energy, Eddie concentrates on regaining it nonetheless.

Ricario: <+6 EP>
    Eddie: <+6 EP>

With a little more energy under his belt, Ricario releases another pulse of black energy. Fearing the worst, Eddie whips up a translucent shield that he hides behind.

Ricario: <-6 EP>
    Eddie: <-8 EP>

Ricario makes another Final Gambit. He explodes in a cascade of energy that throws both him and his opponent backwards. When the light clears, both fighters still seem to be holding on. Still more concerned with self-preservation than combat, Eddie closes his eyes and directs his psionic energy toward replenishing his lost health.

Ricario: <-40 HP>
    Eddie: <-40 HP; +12 HP; -10 EP>

Eddie's Levitation wears off and he returns to the ground.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Like I said at the end of Round 1, a fighter at 0 EP loses 1 HP for every 2 EP they consume; however, since Ricario can't lose more than 40 HP because of the damage cap, he was able to pull off Final Gambit without actually having to pay energy/health
    > TEAM DIOSCURI to command next

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Ok.

He can't do anything but relax Eddie so hit him with a rock slide, then recover, and finish with another Rock Slide. If for some reason he gains energy to attack protect!

Rock Slide ~ Recover Rock Slide SUB: Protect against attacks

Advanced Trainer

Taunt-final gambit-scyther bug buzz

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Dioscuri View Post
    He can't do anything but relax Eddie
    Like I said, a Pokemon at 0 EP loses 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed, so Ricario had more options than just to Relax.

TEAM ASH0011
    versus
    TEAM DIOSCURI

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 11 ‡

As the next round begin, Ricario calls Eddie a big stupid bum-knuckle. Eddie blinks. That wasn’t a particularly vicious taunt. Ricario scratches his head and tries again, telling Eddie that he he’s a crummy… piece of… um. For whatever reason, Ricario isn’t entirely sure how to craft an effective insult in this case. Taking advantage of his opponent’s vulnerability, Eddie summons a barrage of rocks from the heavens. They slam into Ricario again and again.

Ricario: <-4 HP>

Once again, Ricario tries something. He scrunches up his face and tries to make a last-ditch attempt at ending this match once and all, but it fails. Jeepers, what’s going on today? Unencumbered by his foe’s failing tactics, Eddie closes his eyes and begins to rapidly metabolize health. However, he finds the process much more fatiguing than he did earlier.

Ricario: <…>
    Eddie: <+12 HP; -20 EP>

And the rocks continue. This is not a good round for Ricario.

Ricario: <-4 HP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Taunt isn't one of Lucario's legal moves, so it failed
    > Final Gambit costs 60 EP to use. Because of the way I calculate fatigue, a Pokemon at 0 EP would require at least 30 HP at use the move. During the last round, Ricario had enough health to execute the move even if the cap meant he never had to pay for it. However, since he had significantly less than 30 HP this time around, the move failed.
    > As with Scyther's Morning Suns earlier in the battle, healing moves require more and more energy the more you use them, which is why Eddie lost so much energy for the second Recover
    > TEAM ASH0011 to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 12th March 2012 at 01:09 PM.

Advanced Trainer

extremespeedX3 (if possible) then send out scyther and bug buzz until he's fainted (if he protects feint if he blocks out bug buzz use pursuit)in case of sleep sleep talk

Master Trainer

The round ends as soon as a Pokemon faints, btw.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Well...let's try this. Extreme speed is going to hit us but we can go with that. Slap him with a rock slidex3.

Rock Slide

Master Trainer

Forget to take into account Lucario's major resistance to Rock, so I edited that in.

TEAM ASH0011
    versus
    TEAM DIOSCURI

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 12 ‡

With precious little stamina left in him, Ricario zips toward Eddie with impressive speed and lands a hit right on the Elgyem's massive cranium. Summoning yet another barrage of rocks, Eddie smacks Ricario again and again and again. Pretty soon there's going to be a small mountain here...

Ricario: <-3 HP fatigue; -4 HP>
    Eddie: <-8 HP; -6 EP>

Rinse and repeat: Ricario swoops in for another physical strike on Eddie, hitting hard, only to find himself on the receiving end of another truckload of rocks. At long last, the Lucario has been tamed. He falls after a good battle.

Ricario: <-3 HP fatigue; -2 HP>
    Eddie: <-8 HP; -6 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Ash's Scyther comes out with 21 HP and 12 EP
    > TEAM DIOSCURI to command next

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Ah well.

When scyther comes out be as quick as you can before he can react entrap him with a Rock Tomb. Completely bury him with rock slides and let's finish this for a close win. However if he tries super effective moves protect against one of them.

Rock Tomb ~ Rock Slide x2 SUB: Protect against Super Effective (Only Once)

Advanced Trainer

Hmm scyther use double team as soon as you're out then act as if to use pursuit but end it in a feint and finish with a full power bug buzz

Master Trainer

TEAM ASH0011
    versus
    TEAM DIOSCURI

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 13 ‡

As the next round begins, Ash returns his fallen Lucario and brings Slash back for a triumphant return. Immediately, the Scyther creates four clones out of thin air. Staring down the swarm, Eddie summons a few boulders to tumble down upon the Bugs. The attack nets only clones, causing three of the Scythers to go poof. Just like that.

Slash: <-4 EP; 1 clone>
    Eddie: <-3 EP>

Employing a tricky little maneuver, Slash swoops toward Eddie as though Pursuing him. Freaked out by the pseudo-attack, Eddie whips up a sturdy Protect. At the last second, the Scyther Feints in around the protective barrier and lands a Technician-boosted hit. It's a weak one, but it's a hit nonetheless.

Slash: <-1 EP; 1 clone>
    Eddie: <-4 HP; -8 EP>

As Eddie prepares to bring even more rocks tumbling down upon his foe, Slash beats him to the punch. The Scyther kicks up one hell of a storm of a noise, buffeting Eddie with everything he's got. The Elgyem cuffs his ears with his hands but soon decides he can take no more. After a good fight, he falls.

Slash: <-7 EP; 1 clone>
    Eddie: <-12 HP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Good effort by both of you. Ash gets four points while Dioscuri gets two. I also get four. Aaaaand that's that. Tootles.

Advanced Trainer

Yay! good battle you almost had me, if you had gotten that rock slide in before I managed the bug buzz you might've won, this was the closest battle I've been in yet