Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BTPoke v. Oslo [Ref: Grey]

Default Re: BTPoke v. Oslo [Ref: Grey]

THE FOREST OF AROMAS
    BTPOKE vs. OSLO
    2-on-2

ARENA
    The Forest of Aromas

This special forest is filled with a special type of flower that gives off a re-energizing aroma that gives each pokemon 5 points of energy each turn, although for each pokemon, there is a 30% chance of giving 10 points of energy instead of 5.

Round EIGHT
    Liking the effects of the previous flash, Snake decides to try it again. However, the blinding light falls on closed eyes as Roundup twirls around innocently, causing Snake to feel a bit woozy.

SNAKE : -3PP, +25% Con //
    -2PP : ROUNDUP
    null // Reflect - 2 actions

The snake decides that now's the time to strike, and her tail shines brightly with a coat of iron. Like a broadsword, Snake slams her tail into Roundup's small frame -- but the attack is absorbed heavily by her protective barrier. Snake wonders what went wrong, but as she contemplates, the sproutling drenches her in a foul sludge.

SNAKE : -8PP, -14HP // -5HP, -6PP: ROUNDUP
    null // Reflect - 1 action

Snake decides to peer at the sun, hoping that its rays would bathe her in health. As the solar energy rains down upon her, she can already feel herself getting better -- but it's nowhere near as much as the previous attempt. Roundup takes the free opportunity to blast her foe with a batch of energy that, thanks to the area, knocks Snake unconscious!

SNAKE : +10HP, -10PP, -7HP, Asleep +10PP // +5PP, -5PP: ROUNDUP

REF NOTES
    ~Sake is locked in the battle at 41/78.~
    ~Pokemon with
    @Regenerator will start healing 1HP per action when they are resting in their poke ball, and 3HP per action whenever they relax outside of their poke ball.~
    ~Victims of Confusion have an N% chance of failing to attack outright; strong physical attacks against the afflicted will have a 50% chance of ending the confusion; can be cured on its own over time.~
    ~Sleeping pokemon will be unable to move or attack (unless using Sleep Talk or Snore) until waking up; each round, their chance of waking up will increase by 25%; strong physical attacks have a 50% chance of waking up sleeping pokemon.~
    ~The effects of
    Gastro Acid will last until the pokemon are either recalled or fainted.~
    ~Oslo attacks first.~
    -Grey

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Fast pace! Sludge Bomb and then two Double-Edges!

Swift any clonie-clones.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

well, looks like we'll have to get lucky.

First, if you somehow manage to wake up, use flash, but if you can't wake up, use snore and hope for a flinch.
    Then, if you're still sleeping but manage to wake up, use reflect. if not, use sleep talk.
    then, if you're STILL asleep but manage to wake up (although I doubt it since you're getting hit by a double edge), use synthesis. if not, use snore.

Snake: Flash/Snore ~ Reflect/Sleep Talk ~ synthesis/snore

THE FOREST OF AROMAS
    BTPOKE vs. OSLO
    2-on-2

ARENA
    The Forest of Aromas

This special forest is filled with a special type of flower that gives off a re-energizing aroma that gives each pokemon 5 points of energy each turn, although for each pokemon, there is a 30% chance of giving 10 points of energy instead of 5.

Round NINE
    Roundup readies her next attack -- a similar sludgey mass of awful sure to do some damage. However, before she can launch it, she is audibly disconcerted by Snake's ridiculously loud snoring! Perhaps putting this snivy to sleep wasn't such a good idea after all? Nevertheless, she fires her sludge bomb and it connects, poisoning the snoozing snivy.

SNAKE : -14HP, +3% Psn //
    -6PP, -4HP : ROUNDUP

Snake continues to snooze, but begins mumbling sweet nothings as she does so. Roundup thinks nothing of it at first, but is then marveled as a massive twister is summoned from out of nowhere! The torrent of draconic winds sweep the oddish off her feet and slam her into one of the trees. Roundup cries out and the winds die down before she gets her revenge. The tiny sproutling charges at Snake with furious energy, colling with enough force to knock them both into another tree.

Snake finally awakens after that display, quite sore, but ultimately succumbs to the poison...

SNAKE : -12HP, -1HP // -4HP, -6PP, -8HP : ROUNDUP

Roundup celebrates as the aromas around her energizes her.

SNAKE : *KOed* // +10PP : ROUNDUP

REF NOTES
    ~Sake returns to the battle with 43/78.~
    ~Pokemon with
    @Regenerator will start healing 1HP per action when they are resting in their poke ball, and 3HP per action whenever they relax outside of their poke ball.~
    ~BTPoke attacks first.~
    -Grey

Elite Trainer

well.... ugh. that was so close! oh well. come out, sake!

first, I want you to use Retaliate. if they use protect or any move like that, or if they try to use a move to put a status effect on you, use bounce. on the peak of your jump, however, use aerial ace straight down at that thing for more power. Then, I want you to use dig to get under ground.

Retaliate/ Bounce(jump up)~ aerial ace (down at roundup) ~ Dig

Master Trainer

Stun Spore, Sludge Bomb, Synthesis.

THE FOREST OF AROMAS
    BTPOKE vs. OSLO
    2-on-2

ARENA
    The Forest of Aromas

Round TEN
    Sake returns to the battle readily, preparing to avenge his fallen comrade. However, he notes Roundup coming at him with a nasty paralysis-inducing collection of spores, and decides to 86 his plan in favor of something more aerial. The fighting pokemon leaps high into the air, leaving Roundup without a target...

SAKE : -3PP, Airborn //
    -3PP : ROUNDUP

Sake reaches the precipice of his bound before coming right back down. He decides then to combine this attack with another aerial maneuver, and proceeds to throw his body into Roundup with incredible power. The sproutling cries out before rolling into a tree. Ouch, that hurts! Roundup, very much dazed and possibly confused, pulls herself together and responds with another blast of poisonous sludge.

SAKE : -9HP, -16PP // -21HP, -6PP : ROUNDUP

Sake, quite tired, takes a breather while Roundup struggles to regain the health lost from the last attack. The sun's rays, however, provide a nice boost to the tiny sproutling as the aromas continue to heal their fatigue.

SNAKE : +10PP, +5PP // +10PP, -10PP, +15HP : ROUNDUP

REF NOTES
    ~Bounce, once initiated, must be completed, even if it was combined with another attack; therefore, Sake was unable to use Dig at the end of the round.~
    ~
    Oslo attacks first.~

-Grey

Master Trainer

Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb.

Mimic any Flying-type moves. If he Digs out of range, replace your actions with Ingrain, Moonlight and then Swords Dance (in that order).

Elite Trainer

looks like we're gonna have to get lucky.

first, use flash. next, use protect. then, use Rest.

yeah, I know the usages of flash might be a bit cheap, but i'll do that anyway XD

Flash ~ Protect ~ Rest

THE FOREST OF AROMAS
    BTPOKE vs. OSLO
    2-on-2

ARENA
    The Forest of Aromas

Round ELEVEN
    Roundup has had quite enough of this fighting foe, and decides to end him gracefully with another sludge bomb. However, just before he can fire it off, Sake flashes him once more with a blinding light. Unfortunately for Sake, the poisonous batch still lands, poisoning him as well.

SAKE : -3PP, -9HP, +3% Psn //
    -1 Acc, -6PP : ROUNDUP

Sake, quite displeased at his predicament, knows he has to act fast. Roundup shoots off a series of vines that ensnare his frame, but a protective barrier (summoned at the last second) keeps him safe from harm.

SAKE : -8PP, -1HP // -4PP : ROUNDUP

Sake finally ends the round by erradicating all the poisons from his body and falling into a deep coma. Whilst he snoozes, his body begins slowly repairing the damage done to it over the course of the battle. This act, however, leaves him a sitting duck as Roundup fires off another sludge bomb.

SNAKE : Asleep, +10HP, -10PP, -9HP, +5PP // -6PP, +10PP : ROUNDUP

REF NOTES
    ~When Rest is used, the pokemon using it will fall asleep for two full turns (six actions); during the first three actions, they will recover 10HP at the cost of 10PP per action, and all status ailments and stat gains will be healed and nullfied; during the second three actions, they will stop healing and just be under normal conditions for Sleep.~
    ~
    BTPoke attacks first.~

-Grey

Elite Trainer

alright, first, I want you to use snore, then sleep talk, then snore.
    Snore ~ sleep talk ~ Snore

if you somehow wake up at any time, these are the moves I want you to use:
    Aerial Ace ~ Bounce (bounce up) ~ Bounce (come down and attack)

by the way, does the ability Regenerator affect rest at all?

Master Trainer

Three Sludge Bombs!

THE FOREST OF AROMAS
    BTPOKE vs. OSLO
    2-on-2

ARENA
    The Forest of Aromas

Round TWELVE
    Roundup pulls out another rough batch of poison, but is slightly distracted by the loudness of Sake's snores. The soundwaves, however, are not enough to ruffle the sproutlings feathers and Roundup fires off the attack, slapping the snoozing fighter in the face.

SAKE : -10PP, +10HP, -9HP, //
    -6PP, -4HP : ROUNDUP

Roundup fires off another sludge bomb, and Sake begins mumbling in his sleep whilst creating four identical double team clones to envelope the grass pokemon. Talk about loving yourself too much...

SAKE : -10PP, +10HP, -9HP, +4 Clones // -4PP : ROUNDUP

Roundup prepares another one, but while taking the time to scan each mienfoo for imperfections, Sake's snores become louder and louder, and much more difficult to ignore. A frustrated Roundup is left forgetting himself, and the sludge bomb retreats back to his own body!

SAKE : +5PP //*flinch*, -4HP, +5PP : ROUNDUP

REF NOTES
    ~When Rest is used, the pokemon using it will fall asleep for two full turns (six actions); during the first three actions, they will recover 10HP at the cost of 10PP per action, and all status ailments and stat gains will be healed and nullfied; during the second three actions, they will stop healing and just be under normal conditions for Sleep.~
    ~
    Oslo attacks first.~

-Grey

Master Trainer

Okay, Roundup. Use Sunny Day to reveal the real Sake followed by two SolarBeams.

Sub: If the weather changes, replace SolarBeam with Giga Drain.

Elite Trainer

well, I don't see many ways to get out of this situation. I doubt that I can win this. If I do, it was nice to battle an opponent like you, oslo.

Although I'm still hoping I can kick your oddish's plant equivalent of an ass, but now that that's out of the way:
    Sake, if you dont ever wake up this round, I want you to use snore, then sleep talk, then snore again.

If you manage to wake up, use bounce, use aerial ace to get even higher up, then come down and strike that oddish as hard as possible

Snore/bounce (bounce up) ~ Sleep talk/ Aerial Ace ~ Snore/ Bounce (Strike)

THE FOREST OF AROMAS
    BTPOKE vs. OSLO
    2-on-2

ARENA
    The Forest of Aromas

Round THIRTEEN
    Sake continues to snooze soundly while simultaneously irritating the mess out of Roundup with his ridiculously loud snoring. Roundup, instead of seeking a hot vengeance, instead decides to keep it in a freezer by summoning the strength of the sun up above.

SAKE : null //
    Sunny Day activated, -7PP, -4HP : ROUNDUP
    Sunny Day - 6 actions

With the sun on his side, Roundup decides to draw vengeance from the freezer and fire off a massive solar beam. However, despite the sun making the clones less deceptive, Roundup's poor eyesight makes him aim for a few of them anyway, leaving Sake unscathed. Without realizing it, Sake just got a lucky break. The snoozing fighter then responds by unconsciously striking back at Roundup, utilizing his poor health as an adrenaline-enhanced strike.

SAKE : -2 Clones // -7HP, -6PP : ROUNDUP

At this point, Roundup is completely frustrated and quickly fires off one last solar beam. It connects!, blasting Sake into a tree and out of his sleep. Sake, quite groggy, pulls himself together and launches himself high into the air, not quite realizing what's to happen...

SAKE : -12HP, -2 Clones, -3PP, Airborn, +10PP // +5PP, -6PP : ROUNDUP

REF NOTES
    ~BTPoke attacks first.~
    -Grey

Elite Trainer

ook. back to the previous plan.

Sake, use an aerial ace to get even higher up into the air, then come down as hard as possible. If he tries to use protect, use a feint to get behind the shield so bounce connects. if the bounce ends up hitting, use acrobatics to add even more damage
    Aerial ace ~ bounce come down + feint/ acrobatics

yeah, goin all out this time, and I expect no less from oslo

Master Trainer

Roundup, start by creating the smallest Substitute you can fathom. Once he lands, attack with two Seed Bombs.

Elite Trainer

I'm just gonna say that I will laugh if both of those seed bombs miss.

Master Trainer

Life would be so much easier if they'd just give Oddish Magical Leaf. Bellossom gets it but not Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume. Annoying.

Elite Trainer

good thing mienfoo has aura sphere and aerial ace XD

THE FOREST OF AROMAS
    BTPOKE vs. OSLO
    2-on-2

ARENA
    The Forest of Aromas

Round FOURTEEN
    Sake sails through the air majestically, granting himself even more lift with a well-timed aerial ace. However, as he's climbing higher and higher into the air, Roundup busies himself by creating a weak substitute using a meager amount of health. Sake, unfortunately, doesn't even notice this as his body drives faster and faster into the ground. Ka-POW! He slams foot first into what he believes his opponent and watches as it crumbles to the ground effortlessly. Haha, he's done it! Or... has he? He looks to see that Roundup is still very much alive, but he exhausted a lot of energy in that last attack!

SAKE : -31PP // Sub: 0HP,
    -5HP, -5PP : ROUNDUP
    Sunny Day - 3 actions

Roundup stares at his foe, completely paralyzed in exhaustion. He is left at the mercy of Roundup's less-than-excellent accuracy. Roundup takes careful aim, however, and launches off two seed bombs. One lands right on target, but the other just grazes Sake, leaving him with a slither of hope and health.

SAKE : +20PP, -9HP, -5HP, +5PP // +5PP, -12PP : ROUNDUP
    Sunny Day - 1 action

REF NOTES
    ~Oslo attacks first.~
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Secret Power.

If you see him trying any crazy combos, hide behind a small Substitute. Chlorophyll should keep you fast enough.

Elite Trainer

I do think sake is slightly faster.

sake, good job for surviving thus far (one health! how lucky!). first, use protect against the giga drain. then, pray to arceus sludge bomb doesn't hit you and use acrobatics. then, use me first on the secret power (if you survive, that is)

THE FOREST OF AROMAS
    BTPOKE vs. OSLO
    2-on-2

ARENA
    The Forest of Aromas

Round FIFTEEN
    Roundup is very much frustrated at this point, and decides to end it all by throwing his leacherous tendrils right into Sake. However, Sake just doesn't know when to say die, and casts a protective barrier around himself to ward him of the attack right on time.

SAKE : -6PP //
    -4PP : ROUNDUP

Sake feels quite pleased with himself, even so much as to leap high into the air. Roundup, however, takes careful aim at the airborn fighter and nails him with a sludge bomb. Finally! But Sake's frame, limp as it is, still collapses on top of the grass pokemon, dealing quite a bit of damage in the aftermath.

SAKE : -4PP, -1HP // -6PP, -14HP : ROUNDUP

REF NOTES
    ~Oslo wins the battle and 4 points.~
    ~
    BTPoke gets 2 points.~
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Lol, what Roundup said.

Good work, BTPoke! You are a beast of a newbie and, to the best of my knowledge, the first person to use Regenerator strategically. I expect great things from you to come.

Thanks for reffing, Grey. Stellar as always.

Elite Trainer

Thanks for the compliment. you were a great opponent to have a first battle with. Thanks for taking the time to battle a newbie. :3

EDIT: almost forgot: many thanks to grey for reffing this.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 22nd May 2012 at 08:43 PM.