Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Monster Movie Contest

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yes The Monster Movie Contest

Good day, random miscreants of ASB! Contest time has dawned once again.

Inspired by Pokéstar Studios, this Pokemon Contest will make your Pokemon into superstars! Actually, not really, but it will pit them against various traditional spooks, monsters and ghouls one might see in a run-of-the-mill monster movie. (Halloween is only a month and a half away, after all!) The objective will be simple: every round you'll be given a setting and various nearby objects you can choose to use if you wish and it will be your job to fight/repel the oncoming movie monster(s) as best as you can. Remember, this is not a battle. As a result, not only are you expected to effectively accomplish your goal, but you're also expected to craft an interesting, visually arresting display. Regular Contest criteria (originality, how well the appeal matches your Pokemon’s temperament, etc.) also apply.

This Contest will have three rounds and you’ll enter with two Pokemon each. Your first Pokemon will take part in the first round, your second Pokemon will take part in the second round and both Pokemon will take part in the third round. Got it? Cool beans.

This will be a small Contest with only five participants and there will be no eliminations. I want to close sign-ups no later than a week from today, so be fast!

1. BTPoke with Rosalinda (Gardevoir, f) and Catherine (Rapidash, f)
    2. Underscore with Meditite (m) and Yanma (m)
    3. Emerald_Gen.3 with Psycho (Ralts, m) and Blazer (Blaziken, m)
    4. Rossymore with Petallion (Roserade, f) and Eifie (Espeon, f)
    5. Ash0011 with Leo (Smeargle, f) and Ricario (Lucario, m)

Good luck!
    Last edited by Oslo; 15th September 2012 at 04:08 PM.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: The Monster Movie Contest

FIRST! #Youtubecommenter

I'm going to be entering:

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I'm not (yet) a pro in ASB but I'll try joining this contest.

Meditite M Pure Power

Yanma M Compound Eyes

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

alright i'm entering with

Psycho/Synchronize/Male
    and

Blazer/Speed Boost/Male
    its time for the Generation 3's to shine

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Very interesting. I'll sit out, even though I lurve Halloween

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yeah I'll sign up. Let's see, Petallion my female Roserade with Poison Point is a staple for contests. And... Eifie, my female Espeon with Synchronize.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll enter with leo and Ricario

Master Trainer

Excellent! I will be posting instructions for the first round tomorrow.

One thing I want to note in advance. Ash, last time I judged Leo based on the old rules for Sketch. Under the new rules, you'll definitely have to Sketch a (reasonable) medium for Leo to use any attacks. With that said, you can choose right now to swap Leo for another Pogey if you want. Whatever you decide.

Advanced Trainer

could the props be used as sketches? either way I don't think I'll change

Master Trainer

I think there's room for flexibility there, so it's definitely possible that you could use a prop to execute a move. (Also, should have mentioned that, obviously, any move Leo has seen during the Contest can be Sketched without a medium.)

Advanced Trainer

Yep, just have to hope someone left a shotgun lying around don't I

Master Trainer

Okay!

The first round of the Contest will take place at night outside an abandoned gas station in the middle of nowhere. From the east, approaching at an undead pace is... a horde of zombified Machokes! Ahh! The ten-or-so musclebound monsters are here to eat your flesh, so you'd better act quickly to defeat/repel them. Besides the gasoline pumps, you have several items in the vicinity you may use if you so desire: a broken down pick-up, a length of hose, a sledgehammer and a small service station stocked with typical service station things like candy and cigarettes. (No shotguns, though, I'm afraid.)

Each appeal will consist of three attacks, which can be combined with the available items. You may also use an item by itself, which would constitute an attack. Feel free to pick either of the Pokemon you registered for this appeal. Round 1 results will be posted in a week, so hop to it, folks! Don't let the zombie apocalypse get the best of you.

(Also, you ideally want to get out of this alive and with the audience safe and sound, so try to avoid anything completely destructive.)
    Last edited by Oslo; 16th September 2012 at 09:26 PM.

Elite Trainer

Alrighty, then, let's start this contest out right!
    Considering one of a zombie's main weaknesses is fire, let's start things out with a fire type! Go, Catherine!
    For the following appeal, try to make sure none of your attacks hit anything in the gas station itself. We don't want anything blowing up, now.

Let's set these zombies ablaze with a new combo! Use Starfire (Swift + Flamethrower to create flaming stars), then grab the sledgehammer and use Wild Charge to fill it with an electric charge. Once the sledgehammer is good and charged, throw it as hard as you can at the zombies. That ought to "shock" and awe the zombies enough to send them packing.

Advanced Trainer

Psycho take the stage! -said in May's voice- lets start off with a Psychic to put all of the zombies together and the gas tanks then put them on top of the zombies and then use shadow ball to make it explode and wait for the right moment and use protect and project it around the zombies, shadow ball and gas tanks. That should get rid of those guys
    Last edited by Emerald_Gen.3; 29th September 2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: changed font color

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Elite Trainer

Eifie, use Psychic to bring a few items from the shop outside, a few cans of cleaning liquid, the really flammable stuff and a lighter.
    Use Psychic again to fill the hose with said flammable liquid and spray it all over the approaching Machoke, then spray some onto the sledgehammer.
    Finally, Psychic the lighter to activate, set fire to the sledgehammer, then throw it at the zombies, like a heat seeking missile. They'll all catch on fire and keep your psychic powers handy to make sure they don't run screaming somewhere they shouldn't.

Oh this is going to go horribly wrong.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Meditite, use Psychic to throw the pick-up truck at them. Nothing else that's left is useful so just copy Catherine's ability to resist fire and use Psychic to coat yourself with the flammable gas.

Advanced Trainer

leo start by making a psychic vortex (the kind with blue eyes and stuff flying everywhere) make sure the hammer gets covered in flamable liquid and lit then grab the hammer and jump out of the vortex slamming the hammer on the ground that causes a flaming line to shoot out and surround the zeds then the earth in the middle cracks and shoots up magma (earth power) destroying the zombs and blinding everyone while you use wild charge to put everything back and light up the gas station and when everyone's vision clears you are inside the station picking out some lip gloss or something like that
    Edit: the psychic should also be used to group the zeds a bit in the beginning and in the cleanup, also I'm seeing the psychic like the avatar state thing from the avatar tv series so yeah
    Last edited by Ash0011; 17th September 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Veteran Trainer

O.o Bt controlled the metagame with fire XD

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Elite Trainer

Yeah, but I don't think I'm being as... Destructive as some of these people xD

Advanced Trainer

hey now im protecting us from the explosion

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

I'm cleansing up and only destroying a small patch of land

Master Trainer

THE MONSTER MOVIE CONTEST

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 1 Appeals ‡

Emerald_Gen.3 and Psycho are randomly selected to go first. Psycho uses his affinity for telekinesis to bind the Machoke zombies together and lift a tank of gasoline out from underneath the ground. It’s quite a lot of work and the strain of having to lift such a heavy object shows on his face. When at last Psycho has hurled the tank at the Machokes, thereby creating a tossed salad of zombies and gasoline, he conjures up a crackling Shadow Ball which garners a few oohs and aahs from the audience. Psycho gives his arms a swish and sends the Shadow Ball whizzing toward the zombies. Working swiftly, the Ralts then projects an inverted Protect around the zombies to create an oversized snowglobe effect. The sparks given off by the Shadow Ball ignite the gasoline and cause a contained explosion of flames and zombified body parts, which the crowd watches intensely. As the zombies combust, the crowd cheers. They seem delighted.

BTPoke and Catherine wait for the field to be reset before stepping up. The Machokes once again start lumbering forward, but Catherine stares them down fearlessly. She laces dozens of golden stars with hot flames and sends them whizzing toward the zombies, who moan in pain as their flesh ignites. As they slowly begin to burn, Catherine touches a hoof to the nearby sledgehammer and charges it with a jolt of electricity. The hammer’s steel head begins crepitating as Catherine takes the sledgehammer's handle in her teeth and tries to whip it at the Machokes. Of course, sledgehammers are incredibly heavy and since Catherine can only throw it with her mouth it doesn’t make it quite the whole distance. However, one of the flailing Machokes eventually steps on the hammer and takes the jolt, so it wasn’t a waste. When at last the Machokes are defeated by the flames, the crowd applauds.

Ash0011 and Leo take their turn once our surroundings have been once again reset. Doing what she does best, Leo begins Sketching something batshit crazy: a big ol’ vortex thing! Okay! It’s apparently supposed to look like something from Avatar: The Last Airbender which is probably a helpful reference for people who actually watch that show. Leo douses the hammer with gasoline and lights it… with… what? Not seeing anything nearby that can be used to ignite the hammer, Leo is unable to execute this portion of her commands. Then, taking inspiration from Thor, Leo swings the hammer hard and creates less of an Earth Power and more of a Fissure, which ends up working just fine. Though no molten earth springs out of the ground, the zombies do plunge into the churning pit. Fortunately, Leo manages to avoid exposing any subterranean gas tanks. She then Sketches an electric field around her body and begins to run around and tidy up whatever has been messed up, which isn’t very much. Nonetheless, the crowd appreciates the display even if it seems a little needlessly dangerous and they’re amused by the final image of Leo picking out lipgloss at the end. They applaud.

Rossymore and Eifie are the next duo to make an appeal. As the horde of undead Machokes approaches, Eifie keeps her cool and begins to glow with a soft red light. Suddenly, an assortment of Windex and Mr. Clean bottles begins to march out of the gas station Fantasia-style along with a plastic lighter. (You don’t have to be a Psychic-type in order to predict that there will be a whole lotta flames in the near-future.) Eifie then uses her telekinetic powers to fill the nearby hose with cleaning fluid and then spray it all over the oncoming zombies as well as the sledgehammer sitting a few feet away. Finally, Eifie Psychically clicks the lighter, ignites the sledgehammer and then hurls it at the oncoming Machokes. They burst into flames and begin rolling around and flailing all over the place. Eifie stands guard over the gasoline pumps to ensure nothing explosive happens. When the flailing Machoke zombies eventually go still, the crowd offers its applause.

Underscore and Meditite take to the field to finish the round. With the field once again reset, Meditite attempts to hoist the pick-up truck off the ground. It takes a tremendous amount of effort to lift something so friggin’ heavy and the little fighter almost suffers a brain hemorrhage. Eventually, he settles for merely pushing the truck toward the zombies, crushing several in the process. Meditite then tries to… copy Catherine’s resistance to Fire? The simian doesn’t know how to do something like that, so he moves on and uses Psychic on one of the gasoline pumps to douse himself with gasoline. And then the round ends. Since many of the zombies have not been defeated, they begin to lurch toward Metitite, who quivers in fear and begins to feel weary from the gasoline fumes. Uh-oh. The crowd looks on in horror before the trainer is eventually forced to recall his Pokemon. There is no applause.

‡ Round 1 Scores ‡

Emerald_Gen.3 and Psycho: The crowd really enjoyed this appeal! Though it’s a little unflattering to be seen huffing and puffing while telekinetically lifting a big ol' tank of gasoline out of the ground, Psycho managed it to the best of his ability. The Shadow Ball gave the appeal a fleeting vibe of creepiness, which complemented the theme of the Contest nicely, and the Protect was both conscientious and created a unique snowglobe effect which the crowd enjoyed. Excellent work. 9.0 / 10

BTPoke and Catherine: Though there was a hiccup with this appeal, Catherine for the most part executed your commands effectively. The Starfire combo created a bright, pleasing aesthetic that nicely contrasted the dark backdrop and honed in on a critical zombie weak spot. Unfortunately, Catherine lacked the physical strength to throw a sledgehammer with her mouth, but you got sort of lucky since one of the zombies happened to step on it anyway. One thing, though: since Rapidash is so closely associated with galloping and fast, physical movement, the crowd was a little disappointed to see Catherine remaining stationary for the entirety of the appeal. They felt her strengths could have been better utilized, but ultimately, you accomplished what you set out to do, so good job. 7.0 / 10

Ash0011 and Leo: There were definitely pros as well as cons to this appeal. Cracking open the ground to stop the zombies was a unique approach; though no magma happened to bubble up, the tactic nonetheless demonstrated originality. I feel like the psychic vortex could have been better explained: if you’re going to go for a niche/offbeat appeal, you really need to make sure you describe it as thoroughly as possible (and briefly referencing a TV show the Judge may not have ever seen isn’t gonna cut it, I’m afraid). Moreover, you didn’t explain how Leo was supposed to ignite the hammer. The gas tanks were in plain sight so covering it in flammable liquid was easy enough, but if you wanted Leo to fetch a lighter from inside the store then you needed to tell her that. Finally, though the Wild Charge was a little risky in a gas station, the crowd thoroughly enjoyed the humour at the end. Many scary movies (Scream, Shaun of the Dead, Drag Me to Hell, etc.) deftly mix humour and horror, so the appeal’s silly ending definitely earned you some bonus points. Good work. 7.5 / 10

Rossymore and Eifie: An entertaining, well-executed appeal. Fetching items from the convenience store was an interesting approach and, since you were the only one to work the hose into your appeal, the crowd appreciated your originality. Though your appeal (like many of the others) was inherently risky, you were smart to tell Eifie to guard the gas pumps against the possibility of ignition. Nobody wants to see an explosion happen, after all. Ultimately, the crowd would have liked a bit more variation in the attacks you commanded, but your appeal nonetheless went off without a hitch. Nicely done. 8.5 / 10

Underscore and Meditite: Though I appreciate what you were going for, I think your appeal perhaps would have benefited from just a little bit more time and effort. You earn some originality points for being the only coordinator to incorporate the pick-up truck into your appeal, but of course telekinetically lifting something that heavy is going to be taxing if not entirely impossible. Meditite eventually got the truck to flatten some of the zombies, but not all of them. Since Meditite can’t learn any moves that copy type resistances, your second action didn’t accomplish a whole lot. Finally, I’m not certain why Meditite doused himself with gasoline at the end of the appeal. I assume you were going to get him to ignite himself and use the Fire resistance to create a “burning man” effect, but you really needed to explain this part of the appeal in greater detail for it to work. Overall, I can appreciate this appeal for its potential in what it could have accomplished and I’m sure a little more attention to detail will allow you to create an awesome appeal next time. 4.0 / 10

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Well done, coordinators! Fortunately, you've all managed to avoid becoming fatalities of the zombie horde. Phew. The next round will draw upon an entirely different cultural reference. You find yourselves on the deck of an old galleon sailing through the moonlit ocean. Suddenly, forty yards away... colossal, boat-crushing tentacles begin to rise out of the water! It's the kraken! (Or, rather, a massive, mutated Octillery.) Your goal is to stop it from attacking the ship. Nearby, you have some items you can use: a barrel of rum, a barrel of chum, an accordion, a harpoon, a cutlass, a folded sail and some matches. Once again, you want to get out of this without causing serious damage to yourselves/the audience/the ship. This appeal will consist of three moves and you will use whichever Pokemon you did not use for Round 1. You have one week. Hop to it and good luck!

Elite Trainer

"Rosalinda, take to the stage!" BTPoke says as he throws a pokeball out onto the deck of the ship.
    The pokeball shimmers with a dark energy, and it opens up to release a brilliant wave of light upon the stage. The light begins to form a shape, and it darkens to solidify into BTPoke's main pokemon:

Rosalinda, the midnight mistress of the stage.

"Rosalinda, unleash the unavoidable shock-leaf treatment! (use magical leaf, and super charge each leaf with shock wave.)

"Next, focus your psychic energies on the harpoon. Levitate yourself and the harpoon into the air, and surround yourself and the harpoon in a brilliant aura of psychic energy! Once you're ready, fire the harpoon at the kraken using psychic!"

Be wary of any tentacles that might come your way.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 23rd September 2012 at 09:13 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Alright Blazer its time to shine first take the bottle of rum and Double kick it to hit the Octillery and cover it in the rum. Then throw a lit match at the Octillery. Don't think that uses any moves so use agility and go into endure and take care of that explosion to keep our lovely audience safe
    Last edited by Emerald_Gen.3; 29th September 2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: changed the color of the font

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Veteran Trainer

:Captain Jack Sparrow saunters onto the stage.:: Now don't be blastin' holes in my ship wit the Dutchman's little beastie about, savvy? And the Rum! What are you doing with th' rum! Why is the rum the first to go...!

Entertaining quotes!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I actually meant using Role Play to copy Catherine's ability but that's acceptable because I didn't really specify. :/

Yanma, use Whirlwind+Toxic at Octillery to scatter the poison around Octillery's body without letting it go to the people in the ship. Because you have no hands, use Psychic to lift the cutlass and use it to cut the soon-to-be-sushi.

Advanced Trainer

alright ric sense where it is with your aura powers the use a magnet rise to float up and an extremespeed in a circle to create a vortex, drawing it up out of the water (try to make it stormy too) then have lightning strike you as you go in for a giga impact (well the lightning wouldn't touch ric due to the magnetic field encircling him)
    Edit: made things clearer
    Last edited by Ash0011; 29th September 2012 at 09:16 AM.

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

A contest? With OUT me being in it? I DISAPPROVE! How dare you not invite me to join!?!?!?!

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Master Trainer

Invite you? What do you think this is, Wimbledon?

Master Trainer

The next round goes up tomorrow night (probably around 10:00 pm EST). Rossy, m'dear, you will need to have your appeal up by then or else face DQ.

Elite Trainer

Am I the only one left to post? Alrighty then.

Okay, Petallion, you do have a type advantage, but no hands.

So, this may be a bit cheap, but let's go for Mind Reader and sense where the Octillery is, then put it to sleep with a fully accurate Grasswhistle. Whilst it sleeps, tie up its tentacles with Extrasensory and that should stop it from attacking. Try not to wake it up.

Master Trainer

THE MONSTER MOVIE CONTEST

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 2 Appeals ‡

Ash0011 and Ricario are randomly selected to deliver the first appeal of the second round! The crowd goes hush as Ricario raises its arms to the sky and begins to let out a peculiar humming sound. Suddenly, the Lucario rises up off the deck of the ship much to the crowd's interest. He then becomes an azure blur as he hastens toward his advancing opponent and, skimming across the surface of the ocean, he begins to do circles around the mutant Octillery. The Octillery flails its tentacles, but can't land a hit on such a speedy target. The water suddenly rises into a raging cyclone and the beast is pulled up into the eye of the storm. As lightning crackles around Ricario's electromagnetic field, the jackal jets forward and collides with the beast with a blaze of white light. Bam! The crowd gasps. The kraken flails its tentacles and succumbs to the attack, receding into the ocean. Ricario returns to the ship as his Magnet Rise wanes and finds himself on the receiving end of exuberant cheers.

Emerald_Gen.3 and Blazer take their turn once everything has been reset. The Blaziken hoists the barrel of rum off the ground and tosses it into the air before booting it with two swift kicks. It soars over the tossing waters and collides with the advancing Octillery, dousing it in the dark liquid. Enraged (and mildly intoxicated), the sea monster swims closer and attempts to crush the ship with one swiftly thrashing tentacle. Not on Blazer's watch! He lights a match and tosses it at the tentacle, causing it to ignite in horrible flames. As the beast combusts, Blazer darts in front of the audience and throws his arms wide. The Octillery flails a flaming tentacle, but Blazer Endures the hit admirably and watches as the beast sinks into the water. The crowd applauds.

Underscore and Yanma are third to go. The little Bug peers at the advancing kraken bravely and beats its wings powerfully so as to kick up a blustery twister. As the Whirlwind rages, Yanma spits some Toxic gunk into the storm and sends it hurtling toward the Octillery. (It's a little hard to see, though; even in the moonlight, it's still pretty dark out here.) The beast rages and wails as the wind whips against its tentacles and scours them in the caustic liquid. However, Yanma isn't done just yet. The crowd watches with interest as dragonfly telekinetically hoists the cutlass in the air and sends it careening toward the sea creature. With a few swift chops, Yanma manages to slice 'n' dice the tentacles into bite-sized pieces. Mmm? The crowd recoils in disgust as chunks of Toxic-covered Octillery splatter against the deck of the ship; however, after they get over the initial shock, they offer some cheers for the appeal.

BTPoke and Rosalinda wait for the props department to reassemble the kraken and then begin! Rosalinda waves her arm ominously and conjures a series of colourful leaves that hang suspended in the air. Then, discharging a series of bright sparks, she causes each leaf to blaze with electric current before sending them screaming toward the Octillery. The beast rises out of the water, roaring in pain as it endures hit after hit. The crowd seems to appreciate the bright aesthetic but they also look slightly underwhelmed, almost as though they've seen something very similar to this before. Eager to recapture the crowd's attention, Rosalinda uses Psychic to propel herself into the air while also lifting the harpoon with her. Then, with an upswell of energy, she rockets off the harpoon like a, well, like a harpoon. It strikes the Octillery square in the center of its face. The beast flails its tentacles dramatically (what a thespian) before flopping over in defeat. The crowd applauds politely.

Rossymore and Petallion step forward to finish us off. Eager to see how the pair intends to close out Round 2, the crowd watches as Petallion closes her eyes. She appears to be using whatever Mind Reading prowess she possesses to forge a mental connection with the beast. The audience looks around and waits for the exciting part to begin. Once her connection has been forged, Petallion snaps to attention and raises a single blade of grass to her lips. She blows hard and the sharp yet soothing sound spills out over the ocean. The audience manages to stay awake but the Octillery isn't so lucky: the beast grows docile and its tentacles fall as it succumbs to Sleep. Night-night. With that, Petallion uses her Extrasensory prowess to finish the beast off. Though the attack generally isn't used for moving things, Petallion does her best and, after a minute and a half of slippery tentacle-tying, she manages to get the Octillery nicely knotted. The crowd claps for the appeal.

‡ Round 2 Scores ‡

Ash0011 and Ricario: All around, a terrific appeal. While the vast majority of the other appeals were mostly static, you contrasted them nicely with a great use of movement that effectively complemented Lucario's nature. The cyclone and lightning offered dramatic yet feasible touches and the Giga Impact made for a terrific conclusion. There's not really much else to say. Superb work. 9.5 / 10

Emerald_Gen.3 and Blazer: Giggity, I was hoping someone would use the rum and match together. Though fire was sort of an overused tactic last round, the crowd still appreciated what you did here. The Endure was a nice, considerate touch (and I like the fact that you chose Endure as opposed to Protect, which would have been a little redundant since you used that move during your first appeal). If there's a minor criticism to make, it's that I'm not sure the second action was utilized as effectively as possible. Agility made for a nice bit of movement but I feel you could have done something slightly more pronounced. Other than that, great work. 8.5 / 10

Underscore and Yanma: You improved greatly upon your previous appeal. The Whirldwind definitely felt appropriate for the setting and I like that you found a use for the cutlass in the appeal. There was perhaps room for a little bit of light and lustre in this appeal (since it's nighttime, the Toxic didn't offer a lot of visual contrast), but I ultimately really like the gross-out ending. After all, what's a horror movie without the blood and guts, amirite? In any other Contest it would have been too much, but it felt right at home here. Great work. 8.5 / 10

BTPoke and Rosalinda: This was a solid appeal. It offered the right amount of dazzle and effectively utilized a nearby item to decimate the Octillery. The main issue is the fact that it felt very similar to your previous appeal, with the Magical Leaf/Shock Wave resembling the Starfire and the harpoon attack resembling Catherine's not-so-successful hammer attack. The crowd ultimately wanted a bit more variety, but you still pulled off everything without a hitch, so that works in your favour. 7.5 / 10

Rossymore and Petallion: This was also a solid appeal, but I think in a way you doubled down on practicality and went light on the aesthetics. Though Mind Reader gives you a 100% hit, it gives the crowd absolutely nothing to watch except a Roserade concentrating really hard. GrassWhistle offered a bit of music, which made for a unique touch, but Extrasensory was a bit of a stretch since it doesn't work quite like Psychic so it was hard for Petallion to pull off. She succeeded in the end, though, so yay for that! 7.5 / 10

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Nicely done! You have released your attacks upon the kraken and it has been effectively defeated. Whoo! Time for the final round. You find yourself in a crowded nighttime city setting with skyscrapers on all sides. Suddenly, you hear... a loud thumping noise? Uh-oh. You turn your heads skyward and see... King Kong? Godzilla? Nah. It's... THE STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN OMG OMG! Yep, this guy is tromping around the city and it's up to you to stop him! At your disposal, you have the following items: a fire hydrant, a hose, a bunch of helium-filled balloons, a transport truck filled with tubes of chocolate sauce, a transport truck filled with boxes of Rice Krispies, a megaphone, a trampoline, a gigantic net, Ghostbusters jumpsuit costumes, a remote-controlled toy helicopter, five sticks of dynamite and a life-sized stuffed Snorlax plushie (idk why). Now go do something awesome. You will be using both Pokemon at the same time and the appeal will consist of four moves total (which can be split between the two Pokemon 2-2, 3-1 or 1-3). Once again, try to limit the damage done to your surroundings and the audience. Have fun and see you in a week!

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

The stupid puffball of marshmallow-ey goodness gave me nightmares for days...

Master Trainer

One time I found Stay Puft marshmallows at a store and I bought them on a whim and I ate one and the novelty wore off pretty much right away and I was left with a bunch of marshmallows I had no use for and they stayed in my cupboard for several months and then I think I threw them out. True story.

Advanced Trainer

Alright first Blazer start charging up a Solar Beam then Psycho you project a bunch of Light Screen then Blazer fire your LAZERBEAM!!! If its still standing Psycho use Imprison.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Veteran Trainer

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Let's do this. Rosalinda, Catherine, I'm not entirely sure we're going to win this, but let's give it our all! And remember, STYLE!

This things a marshmallow, so let's have some s'mores.
    Catherine, start things out at a trot with a Glorious flame charge!
    Rosalinda, use psychic to allow Catherine to fly in the air, so catherine can run around that marshmallow man and create a fire tornado around him.
    Catherine, I want you to keep climbing up higher in your tornado until you're directly above the marshmallow man. once you succeed, shoot a fire blast directly underneath you to finish melting him. Try not to let the marshmallow man hit either of you, but use style whenever you need to dodge.

Once that's done (and we have some deliciously almost-burnt marshmallows), Rosalinda, use psychic to gather up the rice krispy treats (I would prefer some graham crackers, but we'll have to make do), the tubes of chocolate sauce, and the melted marshmallow (try to just get the surface marshmallow. We don't want anyone thinking we're disgusting by taking stuff that's been touching the ground), and let's make some s'mores. Once we're done, let's pass this stuff out to the audience!

Advanced Trainer

GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!

Advanced Trainer

I want one too XD

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Elite Trainer

...and give some s'mores to the other contestants, I guess xD