Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Gym] Grey v. Aye - Ref: Oslo

Hybrid View

Default [Gym] Grey v. Aye - Ref: Oslo

You heard [read] me right, I'm challenging the Grass Assembly to a gym battle!
    -Grey

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Ayeun, is your gym free? 'Cuz I'm challenging it!

Will ref!

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

*Yawn* Huh? A challenger? Here? Disturbing my nap?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeun View Post
    New Gym:

Secret Garden!

Arena:

A secluded Chinese style garden, equipped with a pond, pagoda, bridges and rock paths.

Battle style:

Tournament style, Best out of 5 (subject to negotiation). Each team uses 1v1, and fight until one is defeated. The victor records a point, and both send out fresh combatants for the next round. This continues until the first team have 5 wins. Draws count as 0, so the match may go more than 9 combatants each. Pokemon that are recalled may not be used again in the gym.

After a battler is defeated, the VICTOR sends first, followed by the DEFEATED, who also ATTACKS first, despite the battle order previously.

Moves rules:

Rest and Pain split may only be used ONCE during the entire battle (Not per pokemon)! The move Ingrain will not work in the garden, but there are 5 (and ONLY 5) Ingrain roots already established, that any pokemon may grab on to at the cost of one action. Doing so grants that pokemon the benefit and drawback of Ingrain, and when that pokemon is defeated, the root retracts. Weather effecting moves will automatically fail to work, due to the fire suppression system, and abilities that affect the weather have no effect (eg: air lock and cloud nine).

Gym specials:

Fire suppression system, Ingrain bonuses (see above), Tournament style battle

Fire suppression system: A system implanted to protect the gardens. Has 6 settings. Starts at 0 (default).

0. No change. Battle acts as normal. The level of sun in this stage is equivalent to ‘Sunny day’.

1. Rain effect. Battle field under effect of Rain dance/Rain conditions.

2. Mist effect. Covers entire battle field.

3. Haze effect. Covers entire battle field.

4. Fog effect. Covers entire battle field in a thick layer of fog. Reduces accuracy by 50%.

5. Heavy Rain. Fire, ground and rock types take damage per turn. Solar beam takes an extra round to charge. Doubles the effect of Hydration, Water Dish, Swift Swim, and Dry skin. If thunder is used, its chance of being protected or Detected goes from 30% to 15%.

As stated above, weather moves, or abilities cannot be used, and attempting to use Defog during stages 2-4 will not removed the effect.

The system is activated AFTER any fire type move is used, and will go up one level for each fire type move used. It will remain at the setting it peaks at for 5 rounds, before defaulting down one level. This means that the first fire type move will still hit for normal damage, but subsequent moves will not. NOTE: The level's of the system STACK, so at level 3, you are also affected by level 2 AND level 1.

Team:

The NEW grass assembly!

The Grass Assembly has been adjusted. The new members are:

1 - Sceptile - Unburden - Grass
    2 - Vileplume - Effect spore - Grass/Poison
    3 - Celebi - Natural Curew - Grass/Psychic - Pending
    4 - Ludicolo - Rain dish - Grass/Water
    5 - Abomasnow - Sound proof - Grass/ice - Pending
    6 - Shritty - Early Bird - Grass/dark
    7 - Jumpluff - Leaf guard - Grass/flying
    8 - Torterra - Overgrow - Grass/ground
    9 - Ferrothorn - Iron barbs - Grass/steel - Pending
    10 - Cradily - Suction cups - Grass/Rock

Badge:

The golden leaf

Awarded to trainers who show harmony in their fighting spirit, and unison with their partners.

The TM of the Secret Garden is:

- Grass Whistle.

Usable by all members of the grass assembly by default, the Grass Whistle TM can be taught to any one pokemon with: A mouth, and 2 hands (minimum).
    And since I almost always lead with her, Utropolis, the Sceptile, with Unburden (f).

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

RE-- owtf? LOL Fine. I'll spectate.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hey, I'll ref thi-

You know, I think the fact you two can post when I'm asleep is a major advantage in your favour.

Anyway, enough disrupting Oslo's lucky break, on with the match.

I'll re--

Oh right.

I'll lead with Brigadier, my shiny metagross [@Clear Body / *Judgment ].

Alright, Brig, let's lead with Reflect. Then use Hone Claws, and finally Gyro Ball!
    -Grey

Default Re: [Gym] Grey v. Aye - Ref: Oslo

Very well!

Hone Claws ~ Bulldoze ~ Detect

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Master Trainer

TEAM AYEUN
    versus
    TEAM GREYFOX

Rules: See Gym rules
    Abilities: Active
    DQ Time: One week

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 1 ‡

Ahh, the scent of flowers… the jolly hum of insects… the tranquil sound of gently running water…

Yeah, screw all that garbage. Ladies and gents, welcome to the Secret Garden Gym where some noisy and obnoxious fisticuffs are soon to take place! Today, E4 veteran Greyfox will be challenging the Gym Leader for her lovely Technical Machine. Will the modly warrior be able to pull off a grand slam? Or will Ayeun finally score a win for the home team? Time to step up to the plate and find out! ('Kay, no more random-ass baseball metaphors.)

The challenger and Gym Leader release, calling a scheming lizard and a ground-thumpin’ steel quadruped out to play. Without skipping a beat, the Pokemon begin with a little bit of table-setting, respectively prepping their offensive and defensive skill sets. Utropolis sharpens her claws on a nearby piece of shale while Brigadier erects a gleaming silver screen.

Utropolis: <-4 EP; +1 Att; +1 Acc>
    Brigadier: <-4 EP; Rft>

With those wickedly Honed Claws of hers, Utropolis hisses and slams a hand against the ground. Shockwaves lurch toward Brigadier but first pass through the Reflective barrier, numbing their bite. What’s more, the Metagross’s Clear Body keeps his Speed from taking a dip. Largely unfazed by that display of show, Brigadier trudges toward the bridge and begins sharpening his own talons against the balustrade. Y’know, uh… I don’t think Ayeun put that there for you to… er… actually, nevermind. I’m not arguing with something that outweighs me by *pulls out calculator* 490 kg. Yeah, eff up that bridge all you want, mate. Eff it up good.

Utropolis: <-4 EP>
    Brigadier: <-6 HP; -4 EP; +1 Att; +1 Acc>

As I inch away from Brigadier, the megaton death spider begins spinning wildly like a dreidel on crack. Yeah, because that’s not an endangerment to everyone and everything nearby. Brigadier beelines toward Utroplis who dodges at the last second, leaping to safety atop the pagoda. From her perch, she hisses as if to say, “Look here! I can be as scary as that gyrating tank thing!” No, sweetie, you can’t. Perhaps give me a call when you weigh as much as Optimus Prime over here.

Utropolis: <-8 EP>
    Brigadier: <-2 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> At 0 EP, Pokemon will begin to lose 1 HP for every 2 EP they consume
    > Unless overcome, Brigadier's Reflect will remain in effect for one more round
    > TEAM AYEUN to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 13th March 2012 at 05:48 PM.

Most excellent.

Lets have a Brick Break, followed by another Bulldoze, and finish with a Focus Blast.
    If he uses Magnet Rise to get away from the Bulldoze, hit him with a Low Sweep. Double team if he Protects/Detects.

Use Psychic to throw the good girl away from you as she tries to punch you. Follow that up with an Aerial Ace to dodge her Bulldoze and cause some damage. Finally, Ice Punch.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

TEAM AYEUN
    versus
    TEAM GREYFOX

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 2 ‡

As the battle presses on, Utropolis leaps off his perch and lets out another hiss. Intent on destroying that Reflective partition, she careens across the field with her open palm poised to do some harm. However, just as she comes within an inch of Brigadier and cocks back her arm, the Metagross erupts with psionic energy. Using his mental prowess, he stops Utropolis's attack by throwing her backwards into a patch of daisies. Rude yet effective.

Utropolis: <-11 HP>
    Brigadier: <-7 EP>

Pulling herself up out of the sweet-smelling flower, Utropolis slams her arm against the ground to create another shockwave. Brigadier tries to leap out of the shockwave's path, but the attack is simply too fast and accurate. Once again, the attack is weakened by the Reflect before striking its target hard. Shaking off the hit, Brigadier leaps into the air and lands hard on Utropolis. The Sceptile squirms about in an attempt to get free, but it turns out that the Metagross makes an astonishingly effective paperweight.

Utropolis: <-11 HP; -4 EP>
    Brigadier: <-6 HP; -4 EP>

After a sec, Utropolis devises a complex and cunning strategy to get Brigadier off of her: which is to say that she totally blasts the bajeebuz out of him, sending him flying precariously close to the pond. The weighty creature manages to stop itself from taking a dip before marching back toward the Grass-type. As it turns out, Brigadier takes its veggies a little bit on the... frozen side? The robo-bug's heavy arm blossoms with crisp blue energy that it brings to bear on its opponent. Utropolis wails as the chill sweeps rapidly through her body. Why the hell does this place not have a greenhouse?

Utropolis: <-14 HP; -10 EP>
    Brigadier: <-12 HP; -6 EP>

Brigadier's Reflect fades to nothing.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> TEAM GREYFOX to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 17th March 2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: lolmath

Utrop should have 66 HP, but I'm just nitpicking.

Brig, you're doing well here. Flash Cannon, Aerial Ace, Sludge Bomb. If she comes at you with anymore fighting moves, use Psychic to throw her back!
    -Grey

Keep your distance, and use Earthquake. Dodge the Aerial ace with Agility, and finish with a Bulldozer.

Master Trainer

Dodge the Aerial ace with Agility
    Of all the attacks to try to dodge...

TEAM AYEUN
    versus
    TEAM GREYFOX

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 3 ‡

The garden brawl maintains momentum as Utropolis puts a little distance between himself and the can opener before slamming his tail against the ground. Everything begins to shimmy about as powerful shockwaves begin to disseminate from their point of origin. With no Reflect to save his ass this time around, Brigadier takes the powerful hit and falls flat on his face. The beast looks up and shoots off a beam of silvery energy that smells like battery acid. The move isn't ridiculously strong, but it's stronger than Utropolis wouldd prefer.

Utropolis: <-10 HP; -8 EP>
    Brigadier: <-17 HP; -6 EP>

Brigadier begins crawling across the garden, crushing flagstones like they were soda straws. He then leaps into the air to land a hit on the Utropolis, who tries to use a bit of Agile movement to evade the attack. However, though the leaf lizard's nimble motion ups his Speed, it doesn't manage to stop the Aerial Ace from hitting with precision.

Utropolis: <-11 HP; -4 EP; +2 Spd>
    Brigadier: <-4 EP>

Utropolis again resorts to Earthquake's little brother, Bulldoze, which creates another series of less powerful yet nevertheless effective shockwaves. Brigadier struggles to keep itself upright as it finishes the round with a steaming purple glob of goo that catches Utropolis in the gut. It burns but fortunately doesn't manage to induce a Status.

All of a sudden, Utropolis feels weirdly light on his feet.

Utropolis: <-14 HP; -4 EP; Unburden; +3 Spd>
    Brigadier: <-11 HP; -7 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

Earthquake x 3

If he uses Magnet rise, sub Focus punch ~ Low Sweep ~ Brick break (starting after the rise). If he uses Torment, sub in a bulldozer.

Reflect + Ice Punch + Ice Punch!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

TEAM AYEUN
    versus
    TEAM GREYFOX

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 4 ‡

Putting that blistering Speed to the test, Utropolis slams her tail against the ground faster than you can say "lolwut." Brigadier is tossed onto one of the hard, jagged rock paths and lets out a feral cry. Clambering back to its feet, the beast of a Pogey gets all the more beastly. It gallops toward Utropolis (yes, gallops!) and strikes with not one but two ice-laden punches, all the while kicking up a second Reflect. Ice crystals form around the so-close-to-being-defeated lizard but quickly melt in the sunlight.

Utropolis: <-28 HP; -8 EP>
    Brigadier: <-17 HP; -16 EP; Rft>

With Brigadier having expended all of his actions for the round, the big ol' bucket of bolts can do nothing but stand still as Utropolis attacks. Powerful shockwaves rip through the garden and pass fleetingly through the Reflect before throwing Brigadier to the ground. Even with his barrier, those attacks are no laughing matter!

Brigadier: <-9 HP>

And again... shockwaves galore!

Brigadier: <-9 HP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Brigadier's Reflect will remain in effect for one more round
    Last edited by Oslo; 18th March 2012 at 10:08 PM.

. . .

Just poke her with a Bullet Punch... as many as ya need...
    -Grey

How did I get frozen?

Fire suppression system: A system implanted to protect the gardens. Has 6 settings. Starts at 0 (default).

0. No change. Battle acts as normal. The level of sun in this stage is equivalent to ‘Sunny day’.

1. Rain effect. Battle field under effect of Rain dance/Rain conditions.

2. Mist effect. Covers entire battle field.

3. Haze effect. Covers entire battle field.

4. Fog effect. Covers entire battle field in a thick layer of fog. Reduces accuracy by 50%.

5. Heavy Rain. Fire, ground and rock types take damage per turn. Solar beam takes an extra round to charge. Doubles the effect of Hydration, Water Dish, Swift Swim, and Dry skin. If thunder is used, its chance of being protected or Detected goes from 30% to 15%.
    Sunny day

Level 0 is Sunny day. You can not be frozen during 'intense sunlight' (sunny day)

Master Trainer

Oh man! I didn't even notice that your arena has a default Sunny Day setting.

*scurries off to edit*

EDIT: Okay, fixed... Grey, resubmit your commands if you so choose!
    Last edited by Oslo; 18th March 2012 at 09:14 PM.

Hm... this is gonna be close...

Brig, hit her with as many Bullet Punches as you need to. Protect against any combos.
    -Grey

Grass Whistle ~ Focus blast ~ Focus blast

Master Trainer

TEAM AYEUN
    versus
    TEAM GREYFOX

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 5 ‡

It's do or die time. With everything coming down to this one moment, Utropolis prepares to use that excellent Speed boost of hers to pull off the win. However, fast as she may be, Bullet Punch is faster. The Sceptile raises a leaf to her lips but, before she can blow, Brigadier clobbers her in the jowl with a hard-as-steel punch. The Sceptile wobbles before tipping over.

And with that, the first match-up has been decided.

Utropolis: <-1 HP>
    Brigadier: <-2 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Team Greyfox's Reflect will remain in effect for two more actions
    > TEAM GREYFOX to release next
    > TEAM AYEUN to release after and command next

Drachekonig, my shiny male dragonair with @Shed Skin is up next!
    -Grey

Dragons call for ABAMA!, the Abomasnow, M with Sound Proof.

Swagger ~ Double Team ~ Rock Tomb

You're faster than this thing, Konig, so let's start out by creating a small Substitute to absorb the taunts! Then wait for him to summon his clones and wash them away with a nice Haze + Iron Tail combo! -- I'mma call it *Stealth Blade.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

TEAM AYEUN
    versus
    TEAM GREYFOX

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 6 ‡

With the challenger rockin’ a win under his belt, the two trainers release new battlers. Red flashes of light mark the appearance of a serpentine Dragon and a snow-laden conifer who makes angry faces and hiss and do all that requisite ferocious Pokemon stuff. Drachekonig uses his tail to pluck a marigold from the garden and lays it down in front of him, imbuing it with a small bit of health. Abama puffs his chest out and struts circles around the little flower to show that he is indeed the superior plant here. The display doesn’t really accomplish a whole lot battle-wise, but hey, at least that marigold knows who’s boss. It’s basically withering before our eyes out of sheer intimidation.

Abama: <-4 EP>
    Drachekonig: <-5 HP; -4 EP; Sub: 5 HP>

Drachekonig watches as Abama does a pirouette, causing for Abomasnows to pop into existence. Ooh, garden party! Drachekonig doesn’t fancy not being the center of attention and begins spewing a black swathe of smoke over the clones. The particles that compose the Haze diffuse into the air, destroying clone after clone in what can only be deemed a massacre. With the garden party brought to an early end, Drachekonig decides to play lumberjack and swings his ironclad tail like an axe. Abama does what trees do best and, well, falls over. Timber!

And with that, the Reflect Drachekonig inherited from his predecessor goes kaput. Gonezo.

Abama: <-15 HP; -4 EP; 0 clones>
    Drachekonig: <-12 EP; Sub: 5 HP>

Furious that everything he does seems to fail miserably, Abama picks up a handful of small rocks and lobs them one after one at the little marigold. The Substitute fails to take the assault and is promptly flattened. Abama crosses his arms smugly. Suck on that, flower! Suck on that indeed.

Abama: <-3 EP>
    Drachekonig: <Sub: Broken!>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

Thunder Wave, Dragon Rage, Iron Tail. Haze against any clones!
    -Grey

Safeguard ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard

Master Trainer

TEAM AYEUN
    versus
    TEAM GREYFOX

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 7 ‡

Things are still quite close between the tree and the snake as lucky Round 7 commences. Drachekonig's neck gem sizzles and sparks with electric current as a brilliant cone of voltage emanates from her body. Abama tries to quickly ward off the attack but, since we already know he's the slower of the pair, nobody should be surprised when the Thunder Wave lands before he can ward off the strike. The sap coursing through his body calcifies and he goes rigid. If a tree gets Paralyzed in a battle and nobody can hear it, does it still really suck? (Answer: yes.)

Abama: <Par; Can't move!>
    Drachekonig: <-4 EP>

Drachekonig's gem goes from yellow to blue as he shoots off his second strike. Azure flames tumble across the field and roast Abama with the strength of Drachekonig's Dragony agony. Abama bellows and whips up one hell of a Blizzard that coats the Dragonair from head to tail with snow. Ice crystals attempt to form around his body and Freeze him solid, but OHWAIT, Oslo knows better this time. This is strictly a Freeze-Free Zone.

Abama: <-11 HP; -10 EP>
    Drachekonig: <-20 HP; -7 EP>

Playing lumberjack once again, Drachekonig swings his steely tail and catches Abama right in the gut. The tree lets out a girlish squeal (yeah, for reals) and calls upon another Blizzard. Judging by the look on the Dragon's face, he likes winter about as much as I like a kick in the nuts. Which is to say... not very much at all?

Abama: <-15 HP; -10 EP>
    Drachekonig: <-20 HP; -8 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

Last edited by Oslo; 25th March 2012 at 07:56 PM.

I do not wanna win this by DQ!
    -Grey

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

You won't. She's around. :O

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

She just has a lot on her plate atm... Things are slipping.

Icy wind ~ Blizzard ~ Ice beam

Hold steady, Konig, I've got a plan! Two more Iron Tails, then hopefully you can finish him with a Sunny Day boosted FIRE BLAST!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

TEAM AYEUN
    versus
    TEAM GREYFOX

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 8 ‡

The round kicks off as Paralysis rears its ugly head, rendering Abama as stiff and still as a... tree, if you will? Drachekonig takes a third swing with his tail, knocking Abama onto his tush. Yowch!

Abama: <-15 HP; Can't move!>
    Drachekonig: <-8 EP>

Movement returns to Abama as the conifer pulls himself up to attack... only to be immediately knocked down by another Iron Tail. Is there no end to this madness!? Abama retaliates with the most powerful Ice-type move in his arsenal, summoning a blanket of hail and ice and snow and all that good stuff to simply tumble down upon Drachekonig. What's the word for a full-body brain freeze? 'Cause I think Konig has a case of that going on right now.

Abama: <-15 HP; -10 EP>
    Drachekonig: <-20 HP; -8 EP>

Flames start licking at the edges of Drachekonig's mouth as the Dragonair fires off (lolpun) an ideogram of burning orange destruction! The sweltering inferno deals more damage than anyone could have anticipated given the tree's less-than-stellar typing and the sun's blazing heat. The smouldering heap that once was an Abomasnow crumples to the ground. Point, challenger.

Abama: <-29 HP>
    Drachekonig: <-10 EP>

The pitter-pattering of rain fills the still garden air.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> TEAM GREYFOX to release next
    > TEAM AYEUN to release after and command next

Actually, shouldn't Ayeun choose her pokemon next? I chose first last time.

Grey can't read -- let's go with Session, my female Toxicroak with @Dry Skin.
    -Grey

Hmm... Capitalizing on the rain hey? I like your style.

However...

Spike, the Female Ferrothorn with Iron Barbs might have something to say about that.

Curse ~ Gyroball ~ Thunder

Snatch to start, then Counter his ball. Finally, Focus Blast!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

TEAM AYEUN
    versus
    TEAM GREYFOX

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 9 ‡

As the garden is flooded with a continual downpour of rain, Grey and Ayeun summon the third pair of Pogeys out to play. A spiked top and a beastly toad step out into the arena and immediately get things started. The aptly-named Spike closes her eyes and mutters a few words under her breath. However, before any magical hurr-durr can take place, a spectral black hand leaps out of Session's chest. The Toxicroak Snatches the stat boost (and drop) from her opponent. That was such a sneaky strategy you'd almost think Session was a Dark-type or something! But she's not. No. That would be crazy.

Spike: <-4 EP>
    Session: <-4 EP; -1 Spd; +1 Att; +1 Def>

Spike beginning spinning wildly and hurls herself at Session. As she makes contact with the Toxicroak, something... peculiar happens. The Toxicroak's purple skin melts away, revealing a weaselly black mammal instead. Buh? Before Spike can digest the weird bit of hocus pocus that just took place, she finds herself hurled halfway across the garden by this powerful brute. Smirking, Weir looks at his hands to find that Spike's Iron Barbs have left tiny cuts on his skin. Whatever. Worth it.

Spike: <-27 HP; -8 EP>
    Weir: <-11 HP; -8 EP; -1 HP Iron Barbs>

Weir takes aim and shoots off a pulsating blast of pure energy that once again sends Spike flying. Fingers crossed Spike isn't prone to vertigo. The seedy seems to be (relatively) okay after that super effective blow and starts crackling with electric current. The rain helps to conduct the attack and guides the Thunderous strike right to its target. Weir feels his muscles begin to lock up as the voltage rips through his body. Could this be karma for his sneaky ways? Or is the randomizer just super annoying sometimes? Who can say.

Spike: <-18 HP; -10 EP>
    Weir: <-12 HP; -10 EP; Par>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

Last edited by Oslo; 1st April 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Hidden Power, U-Turn, Focus Blast.
    -Grey