Yeah this forum doesn't seem very active... but I figured I'd give the good people of TPM a shot, probably I'll get a reply or two.

So, this is gonna be kind of like Ayeun's post from a while back asking about Zelda...

But anyway, prepare to laugh, but I've actually never played a Mario game in my life. That's right, I was raised entirely on Sony consoles and their franchises, never a Nintendo one... well, okay, a couple handheld ones obviously, I mean I'm on a POKEMON forum here (though most of you who know me know that I was originally here because of the anime). But I've never had a NES, SNES, N64, Wii or any of the like (I am actually planning on buying a 3DS though once the Kingdom Hearts game for it arrives).

So I know I'm late into this, (but they say, it's never TOO late. ) but I was thinking of picking a few of them up. I mean, aside from it being something on my bucket list, not too long ago I was with some friends playing some N64 one and it felt like some of those old school 3D games I used to play in the PS1 era (some of which I have heard be compared to it).

So what I ask is... surely someone could recommend a good order to pick them up in? I imagine it's obviously not an ongoing story, just a series of games with iconic characters and gimmicks, so yeah.

A note though, I recall kurai saying in Ayeun's topic, asking the exact same thing about Zelda, that the old 2D ones are mostly good for the nostalgia factor which probably wouldn't be as effective for someone coming in now, and I'm guessing it's the same case for Mario... which is fine, I'm looking to start on N64 anyway, they seem to be on par with PS1 graphics which is perfect for me. Unless, for some reason you think it's essential to play the earlier ones for reasons other than nostalgia.

But also, another note, I'm looking into the big action-adventure/RPG ones, what with the coins and stars and the like, none of that "Kart" competitive stuff, as classic as they may be. Unless like I said for some reason you think it's essential that I check it out, probably won't.

So yeah... figured I'd give it a shot. I know this forum's not the most active, but... I value the opinions of you guys more than, like... GameFAGs or IGNoramuses. *shudders*