Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
uninteresting characters, frustrating bosses (The final boss can take a half an hour due not to challenge, but to long-ass attacks and a FUCKTON of HP.), a sub-par soundtrack, and FUBAR'd controls because you're trying to control 4 characters at once.
Like the other M&L games, there's humor to be found everywhere, and the story is, for a Mario game, pretty damn cool and intricate, bringing stable(ish)-loop time travel and a fucking ALIEN INVASION to the Mushroom Kingdom.
The levels are also a mixed bag: Some, like Yoob's belly and Star Hill (not the same one from SMRPG, by the by), are pretty fun and interesting, but others - again, especially the final one - just drag on for far too long and the game suffers from it.
To put it simply, PiT is basically the SMB2 (U.S.)/SMS of the Mario & Luigi series: It's the second installment in a series, which meant it was time to try some new shit, and while many people liked change, not all of it was good. So what we get in the end is a somewhat disjointed game from the others, as well as the lowest point of the trilogy. Maybe a 6/10.
Heracross, this is what we call a review. Do you see how it highlights the good and bad aspects of the game? I've put it into quote form to help condense it for you.

As of this point, your counter-argument of 'these things are invalid' is, ironically, invalid. You also claim that you have just looked at a 'biased review', whereas your lofty, faultless opinion of PiT is the one that appears biased.

In my opinion, PiT was a massive disappointment. I'm allowed to say this.