Thread: Nintendo Direct Announcements

Hybrid View

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: Nintendo Direct Announcements

So what exactly does "all your faves" mean?

Nothing. Unless something specific is mentioned, nothing is confirmed.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Re: Nintendo Direct Announcements

OK, you all can argue with Heracross, but in the MEAN time, I'll just take a closer look at the article Knight of Time was talking about and posted now.

So...

Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo News
    "They have been beaten by smartphones and tablets, in particular, for consumers spending and, more importantly, time," David Gibson, an analyst for Macquarie in Tokyo said before the results announcement.
    Nintendo will have to sell the new console for as much as $350 to break even, estimates Nanako Imazu, an analyst for CLSA in Tokyo. That is $100 more than it charged for the Wii in 2006 and would outstrip both the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, which can be picked up for less than $300.
    "Nintendo has to deal with the change and let Mario games be played on non-Nintendo devices," said Imazu. "I think it will take at least couple of years to see that."
    Any drastic strategy shift that would dispatch the Mario brothers into the realm of Android and Apple's iOS operating system would likely require a change at the top of Nintendo, said Macquarie's Gibson. And that likely won't happen for a couple of years until the Wii U is shown to be a clear failure, he added.
    To me, it looks like Nintendo isn't planning on bringing its flagship games to iPhones and stuff itself as it's now, but there are analysts who think it's only a matter of time. But Nanako Imazu isn't Satoru Iwata. Also, Sony, the very same company whose competiton together with Nintendo's Pokemon took poor SEGA down, is facing problems as well and this isn't necessarily a repeat of that. But we'll see if Nintendo still stands after Wii U is done for, i.e. in 2016 or something.

Finally totally Fanboyish ending note, now I'm glad I've stayed with Nokia cell phones so far, I don't want to bring extra profit for Apple...