Thread: Nintendo Direct Announcements

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Nintendo Direct Announcements

Several big announcements tonight from Japan.

A: New Super Mario Bros 2 heading to the 3DS. Here is the information given from IGN. "The publisher released no concrete details about the game outside of four screenshots. The most important bit of information? The Power Leaf, and Raccoon Mario, are returning. Additionally a quote from Nintendo's Facebook page has revealed Luigi will be present in the game. "

http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1223480p1.html

B: Pokedex Update and Pokemon AR Game heading to the 3DS: Here is the information given from IGN: The trailer shown suggests it will feature the full Pokemon roster. Supporting footage showed the likes of Bulbasaur, Pikachu and other monsters from various generations. Unlike the original free application, which only featured the Unova region Pokemon, this new dex will go 1,500 yen (around $18).

A Pokemon AR shooter called Pokemon AR Searcher will also be coming to Japan's eShop on June 23. It will apparently allow you to catch Pokemon and somehow transfer them into your copy of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. This app will go for 300 yen (about $3).

http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1223478p1.html

C: Kirby Anthology CD will be coming to the Wii: Here is the information given from Kotaku: "a special Wii disc featuring all your favorite Kirby games,"

http://kotaku.com/5903945/kirby-anth...-says-nintendo

More updates to come.

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Nintendo Direct Announcements

Nintendo are evil. I am definately getting a 3DS now. I presume the Kirby CD will also be playable on Wii U. Super Mario Bros 2 looks really good. Animal Crossing looks good.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hopefully, New Super Mario Bros 2 will sell more than the original, or at least be close to the original's sales. From what IGN has been saying, it will available by August of this year and will not feature the same level design as the original, though of course the graphics got a major overhaul.
    Last edited by Link; 21st April 2012 at 02:47 PM.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Cloyster Moderator

No Luigi's Mansion 2? Nintendo, I am disappoint.

But NSMB2, heck yeah! Even though I'm getting tired of all the SMB3 throwbacks, I'm still exited about it. What I'd really like to see is a game that's more of an homage to Super Mario World. I'd like to see them bring back the cape feather, possibly with a limited flight time so it isn't as broken, and maybe have a golden version that has unlimited flight time as a Super Guide item. The pink blocks that let you run up walls, the overworld map, with secrets that take you in and out of other worlds, and different colored Yoshis with different abilities. For all the Mario 3 stuff that's been rehashed over and over, there's so much good stuff from SMW that really should see the light of day again.

Oh yeah, and folders on the 3DS menu, finally! Just as my home screen was starting to really clutter up, thanks mostly to all those ambassador games.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Oh hell yes, SMW needs new life. I miss the secrets of SMW that I literally memorized in order to get my 96% (which to this day still drives me nuts). Especially Star road quests. Hardest damn things in the world.

And the cape feather was not broken, if you didn't have enough run time to get skyward...you were screwed. Otherwise, it was smooooth sailing when you didn't have time for stupid rolling blades (Im looking at you dumb sky levels with logs and blades....)

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    (Im looking at you dumb sky levels with logs and blades....)
    Cheese Bridge. Enjoy your now-unrepressed rage.

Also I'm probably alone here, but NSMB2... I'm unhappy that the Raccoon Leaf is coming back.

I want an NSMB2, yeah. But I want one with (Spoiler:) Tweeter. And (Spoiler:) Mouser. And (Spoiler:) Wart.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    Cheese Bridge. Enjoy your now-unrepressed rage.

Also I'm probably alone here, but NSMB2... I'm unhappy that the Raccoon Leaf is coming back.

I want an NSMB2, yeah. But I want one with (Spoiler:) Tweeter. And (Spoiler:) Mouser. And (Spoiler:) Wart.
    They'll be in it.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Veteran Trainer

Really?

Source?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

GameInformer.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Veteran Trainer

Get me a link. I MUST see this. Nintendo would be making a dream I've had for 20 long years finally come true.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Looks like many games will be offered in retailers but also be downloadable as is the case for New Super Mario Bros. 2.

I find the move interesting though I'd be a stickler for a physical copy.

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Get me a link. I MUST see this. Nintendo would be making a dream I've had for 20 long years finally come true.
    Seearch for NSMB2 on GameInformer.com. It is said to "have all your favorite Nintendo characters" in the game.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Cloyster Moderator

Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Apparently the above poster didn't search GameInformer hard enough to see this link:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...announced.aspx
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Heracross that was your ONE CHANCE at re-

YES!!!!!!!!!

...Wait.

...It looks like it follows the same formula as SMB1, SMB3, and SMW. I see nobody and nothing from SMB2.

You raised my hopes, Heracross. You raised them up high only to cut them down.

Fuck you.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Heracross that was your ONE CHANCE at re-

YES!!!!!!!!!

...Wait.

...It looks like it follows the same formula as SMB1, SMB3, and SMW. I see nobody and nothing from SMB2.

You raised my hopes, Heracross. You raised them up high only to cut them down.

Fuck you.
    So you didn't see the quote that said that New Super Mario Bros 2 will have every single character from the Mario series in it? Wow.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Nah, it does not say every single character. It says "all your favourites". Now, surely that depends on who Nintendo think the favourite characters are? I expect they used the same line for Brawl, yet Pichu was one of my faves, but it didn't make the cut for brawl (correct me if I'm wrong, been a long time since I played SSBB).

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

I just saw an article about Nintendo's financial woes, and it seems one of the things they might have to do to survive is, *GASP*, make Mario games for non-Nintendo devices.

It's crazy I know, and I wasn't expecting them to make this kind of decision, but I guess if they have to do this in order to keep from potentially going bankrupt (I definitely don't want to see THAT happen), then so be it.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

I Finnished last Moderator

Whoa KoT, I don't mean anything rude, but don't scare me like that! There are copycat Mario games for other devices already, and the impression I've got is that they really are going bankrupt if they have to do that for real themselves. Pokemon saved Nintendo when Sony was blasting the markets by flooding them with those cheap CD games back in the end of 90s. See, I have to be more optimistic unless everyone wants to see me turning into a fanboy again!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by ChobiChibi View Post
    Nah, it does not say every single character. It says "all your favourites". Now, surely that depends on who Nintendo think the favourite characters are? I expect they used the same line for Brawl, yet Pichu was one of my faves, but it didn't make the cut for brawl (correct me if I'm wrong, been a long time since I played SSBB).
    All your favorites is just another way of saying every single character in every Mario game thus far, hence why it said "All your favorite characters in the mario series," which includes the characters Blademaster wanted in this game. IOW, all your favorites includes much more than the original NSMB and NSMBW.
    Last edited by Link; 28th April 2012 at 09:33 AM.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu View Post
    Whoa KoT, I don't mean anything rude, but don't scare me like that! There are copycat Mario games for other devices already, and the impression I've got is that they really are going bankrupt if they have to do that for real themselves. Pokemon saved Nintendo when Sony was blasting the markets by flooding them with those cheap CD games back in the end of 90s. See, I have to be more optimistic unless everyone wants to see me turning into a fanboy again!
    Sorry Mikachu, didn't mean to scare you there, but that news article I saw earlier scared me, too. Being more of a follower of Nintendo than any other video game company, the article caught me off guard as well when I saw it.

But when I made that post, there was a reason I didn't include Mario clones or pirate games starring Mario.
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I just read the news article that Knight of Time wrote about Mario. It turns out, that the president of Nintendo, Iwata, has said that mario isn't actually going to be on any Non-Nintendo console, ever.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
    I just read the news article that Knight of Time wrote about Mario. It turns out, that the president of Nintendo, Iwata, has said that mario isn't actually going to be on any Non-Nintendo console, ever.
    lol, I didn't write that article, I only mentioned it.

But if you want, I guess you guys can see it for yourselves...it's right here.
    Knight of Time

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

You diod mention it. I am telling you what's in it. Satoru Iwata said that Nintendo will never, ever put Mario on Non-nintendo hardware, or software.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
    All your favorites is just another way of saying every single character in every Mario game thus far, hence why it said "All your favorite characters in the mario series," which includes the characters Blademaster wanted in this game. IOW, all your favorites includes much more than the original NSMB and NSMBW.
    ...Are you trolling, or are you honestly that thick?

'Every single character in every Mario game thus far?'

So then the major villain of this game is going to be:

-Donkey Kong
    -Bowser
    -Wart
    -Iggy Koopa
    -Morton Koopa, Jr.
    -Lemmy Koopa
    -Ludwig Von Koopa
    -Roy Koopa
    -Wendy O. Koopa
    -Larry Koopa
    -Bowser, Jr.
    -Tatanga
    -Wario
    -Smithy
    -Sir Grodus
    -The Shadow Queen and Sirens
    -Count Bleck
    -Super Dimentio
    -Bowletta
    -Cackletta
    -Shroob Princess
    -Elder Shroob Princess
    -Shrowser
    -Fawful
    -Midbus
    -Dark Star
    -Dark Bowser

And that's just from the 'main' games. Never mind all the conceivable spinoff games' bosses (Blockhead Bowser, Millennium Star, Watinga, etc.) and all the bosses from subsequent series that arose because of Mario like Luigi's Mansion (King Boo), Yoshi's games (Baby Bowser, Kamek, Giant Baby Bowser, etc.), Donkey Kong's series (K. Rool, Cactus King, Tiki Tong, etc.), Wario's series (Captain Syrup, Golden Diva, the Shake King, Denju, etc.), and every other new series in-between like Super Smash Bros. and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.

But 'all of' them are going to appear. Yeah. OK.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

...Are you trolling, or are you honestly that thick?

'Every single character in every Mario game thus far?'

So then the major villain of this game is going to be:

-Donkey Kong
    -Bowser
    -Wart
    -Iggy Koopa
    -Morton Koopa, Jr.
    -Lemmy Koopa
    -Ludwig Von Koopa
    -Roy Koopa
    -Wendy O. Koopa
    -Larry Koopa
    -Bowser, Jr.
    -Tatanga
    -Wario
    -Smithy
    -Sir Grodus
    -The Shadow Queen and Sirens
    -Count Bleck
    -Super Dimentio
    -Bowletta
    -Cackletta
    -Shroob Princess
    -Elder Shroob Princess
    -Shrowser
    -Fawful
    -Midbus
    -Dark Star
    -Dark Bowser

And that's just from the 'main' games. Never mind all the conceivable spinoff games' bosses (Blockhead Bowser, Millennium Star, Watinga, etc.) and all the bosses from subsequent series that arose because of Mario like Luigi's Mansion (King Boo), Yoshi's games (Baby Bowser, Kamek, Giant Baby Bowser, etc.), Donkey Kong's series (K. Rool, Cactus King, Tiki Tong, etc.), Wario's series (Captain Syrup, Golden Diva, the Shake King, Denju, etc.), and every other new series in-between like Super Smash Bros. and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.

But 'all of' them are going to appear. Yeah. OK.
    Are you trying to sound stupid?

Every fav character from the mario series is going to be in this game. You jumped to conclusions about this game before like you're doing now. Are those favorites? More than half of them aren't. You're just playing the honesty card, and not doing a very good job of it, not to mention that you should know who the favorite characters are going to be before this game comes out.

What were you saying about me being thick?
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Cloyster Moderator

So what exactly does "all your faves" mean?

Nothing. Unless something specific is mentioned, nothing is confirmed.

OK, you all can argue with Heracross, but in the MEAN time, I'll just take a closer look at the article Knight of Time was talking about and posted now.

So...

Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo News
    "They have been beaten by smartphones and tablets, in particular, for consumers spending and, more importantly, time," David Gibson, an analyst for Macquarie in Tokyo said before the results announcement.
    Nintendo will have to sell the new console for as much as $350 to break even, estimates Nanako Imazu, an analyst for CLSA in Tokyo. That is $100 more than it charged for the Wii in 2006 and would outstrip both the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, which can be picked up for less than $300.
    "Nintendo has to deal with the change and let Mario games be played on non-Nintendo devices," said Imazu. "I think it will take at least couple of years to see that."
    Any drastic strategy shift that would dispatch the Mario brothers into the realm of Android and Apple's iOS operating system would likely require a change at the top of Nintendo, said Macquarie's Gibson. And that likely won't happen for a couple of years until the Wii U is shown to be a clear failure, he added.
    To me, it looks like Nintendo isn't planning on bringing its flagship games to iPhones and stuff itself as it's now, but there are analysts who think it's only a matter of time. But Nanako Imazu isn't Satoru Iwata. Also, Sony, the very same company whose competiton together with Nintendo's Pokemon took poor SEGA down, is facing problems as well and this isn't necessarily a repeat of that. But we'll see if Nintendo still stands after Wii U is done for, i.e. in 2016 or something.

Finally totally Fanboyish ending note, now I'm glad I've stayed with Nokia cell phones so far, I don't want to bring extra profit for Apple...

Heracross, you're just going back on yourself now. How about you just leave this thread alone for a bit instead of being a dick to everyone? Kthxbai.

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Veteran Trainer

THANK you, Becki. I'm glad to see someone else here has some sense.

Besides Mikachu, Jeff, and KoT, that is.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

I do try, Blade, I do try.

Threads like these make me want a 3DS more. Curses! What they need to say is "Pokemon (insert important, series related name here) is coming to 3DS" and I'd be all over it like herpes on genitals. Just sayin'.

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well Pokemon Rumble Blast is available for the 3DS...

There are also some good games on the system now, such as MK7 and Uprising. Get with the times!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

With chibi on this. Im all for new games...but i only really play either pokemon or some weird innovative games...like scribblenauts should have been

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

I want a 3DS but the colours aren't very impressive. I want Cobalt Blue or midnight purple. I am considering getting a 3DS for New Super Mario Bros. 2 or maybe even for just Mario Tennis.

Haven't even managed to nab a second hand 3DS yet.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

HERE is Miyamoto's answer!

Veteran Trainer

Bracing for Sony fan shitstorm.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe