Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (Cynder, Grey)

CYNDER'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Triangle Island
    This island, far off from the coast, seems to have a peculiar energy to it. Strange things occur when it is visited-but reports of its existence are few and far between. What is known is that it has many craters and is a strange hilly terrain, with few patches of grass.

‡ Round 130 ‡

"Your Pokemon?" Princess Pomegranate asks. "I know where they are, but they're not anywhere in the Shroomish Kingdom. Don't worry. They're safe. I sense you went far out of your way to get here, traveller. Was there a reason you ventured to our land?"

How do you proceed?

> Respond

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (Cynder, Grey)

It'll be easier to sneak around with a smaller party. Chopin, return to your ball for now.

We'll need to find out where she's being locked up. There's gotta be a computer somewhere around here that keeps a record of all the inmates. Anyone got any ideas?
    -Grey

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll explain what happened and ask if she has any idea where the black stone may be.

Master Trainer

GREYFOX'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Tranquil Shores
    A small cove-style beach. There are lots of ocean pokemon to be found here, as well as Fire types enjoying the sun. Steel and electric-types may be able to detect treasure under the sand.

‡ Round 47 ‡

You recall Chopin and consider your options.

"I like the computer idea," Brigitte says. "I suppose we'll look around?"

You roam down the corridor. Fortunately, this floor doesn't seem particularly well-patrolled and you don't encounter anyone. Soon, you come across a small room which you peek into. You see a number of humming computer sitting against walls. A pair of Quilavas are typing vigourously while a third is speaking into a walkie-talkie.

How do you proceed?

> Ambush them
    > Lure them out of the room
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Triangle Island
    This island, far off from the coast, seems to have a peculiar energy to it. Strange things occur when it is visited-but reports of its existence are few and far between. What is known is that it has many craters and is a strange hilly terrain, with few patches of grass.

‡ Round 131 ‡

You give Princess Pomegranate a detailed account of your adventures.

"Well, it sounds like you've been busy," she says. "Those flashes you saw did not lead you astray. I have the Dark Stone in my possession, but in order for me to give it to you, I first have to..." She shares an ominous look with the others, who nod.

Wynario walks up to you and gives you a hug. "It was nice meeting you!" he says.

Wynuigi and Toadgetic scurry up to you and shake your hand.

"Thanks for everything," Princess Pomegranate says, "and I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do. Oh, if only it didn't have to be so painful... alas!" Sighing, she then takes off her crown hesitantly, walks up to you and smashes you over the head with it.

Then, all goes black.

The next thing you're aware of is a bright, shining light overhead. Your body aches as though it were hit by a stampeding Tauros and you feel weak. You're not sure you want to open your eyes just yet. It's so quiet and peaceful lying like this.

How do you proceed?

> Open your eyes anyway
    > Eh... when you're ready...

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

What the...? I'll take a look around to see if I can find the dark stone, my pokemon, or any of the others.

Master Trainer

Triangle Island

‡ Round 132 ‡

You open your eyes and see that the bright light is coming from the collar of a Typhlosion—Brenton, in fact! He's peering over you with a relieved expression. You glance over and see that Sabaku, Rhode, Ernesta and Elmira are all staring over you with similar looks on their faces. Peering around, you realize you're back at the beach where your whole adventure in Shroomish Kingdom began.

"Oh, thank goodness! You're awake," Ernesta says.

"You've been out for a while," Elmira adds. "Fortunately, Sabaku was able to fish all of us out of the water and get us the rest of the way to Triangle Island. You were unconscious for so long we thought you weren't going to make it."

Groggy, you sit up and tell them about what happened and list off everyone you encountered during your adventure: Wynario, Toadgepi (then Toadgetic), the Shroombas, the Victranha Plant, Croshi, the Squoopa Kids, the Weedler, Blowser, Wynuigi and Princess Pomegranate. Your party members all share odd expressions. They almost look like they're trying not to crack up with laughter.

"That sounds, uh, super interesting!" Ernesta comments. "You sure you weren't having one heck of a dream? I think you must have hit your head on a rock when you fell into the water."

"She does have a bump on her head," Elmira observes.

You then see your pack lying a few feet away from you.

How do you proceed?

> Depart
    > Look around
    > Check your pack

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Last edited by Oslo; 1st June 2012 at 04:07 PM.

Chopin, come back out and use Sing until they go to sleep. Duckbot will then hack into the computer to hopefully locate the Mistress's cell.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores
    A small cove-style beach. There are lots of ocean pokemon to be found here, as well as Fire types enjoying the sun. Steel and electric-types may be able to detect treasure under the sand.

‡ Round 48 ‡

Lights out for the Quilavas! You summon Chopin from his Pokeball and get him to Sing a sweet lullaby. They fall like sandbags. The walkie talkie being held by the third one clatters noisily to the ground.

You then call Inverted Duckbot from its Pokeball. Your Porygon-Z's eyes glaze over as it gets to work on accessing the Calypso Fortress database. However, Duckbot lets out a gruntled chirp as it hits a firewall. Your digital duckie then starts attempting disabling it, but it seems like it's going to take some time.

Suddenly, you hear voices outside the computer room.

"Did you just say... Presents and RageCandyBars?" an incredulous voice asks.

"Yes, sir. They were falling from the sky," a second responds. "Not to mention that Sketched Altaria and the Kricketune Substitute our guards saw. We believe they were all part of some kind of distraction? The personnel who abandoned their posts are currently being reprimanded. Also, sir, a mariner only just docked at our port and informed us that a Golurk, a Smeargle, a Snubbull and a Pokemon trainer are planning on performing a prison break. They're perhaps here in the fortress as we speak."

At that moment, the walkie talkie on the floor starts making noise.

"Donnie, you there?" a voice on the other end of the walkie talkie asks. "I can hear noises in the background. You okay, Donnie?"

How do you proceed?

> Tell Duckbot to hurry up
    > Deal with the Pokemon outside the room
    > Grab the walkie talkie

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 1st June 2012 at 08:21 PM.

I'll take the walkie talkie and, in my best generic pokemon impression, tell the others, "There's been a break-in on the top level! Whoever it is must've used a flier!"
    -Grey

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll see what's in the pack - I'm glad everyone's okay!

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 49 ‡

As it turns out, you have an innate talent for imitating Quilavas. Who knew? You pick up the walkie talkie and tell the voice on the other end that a jailbreak is occurring on the top floor.

"Woah, really?" the Pokemon on the other end says. "I'll order the guards up there pronto! Hold tight, Donnie!"

Suddenly, you hear one of the voices outside the room address you.

"Hey, is that you, Donnie?" the voice says. "Did you happen to get a visual on the--"

The two Pokemon outside the room enter and stop dead as they lay their eyes on your and your consort.

"Quick, sound the alarm!" Quagsire says. Vibrava nods, zips out of the doorway and shoots down the corridor.

Suddenly, the Quilavas on the ground start waking.

How do you proceed?

> Attack Quagsire
    > Deal with the Quilavas
    > Go after Vibrava
    > Flee

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Triangle Island

‡ Round 133 ‡

You check your pack and see that you still have your Ultra Balls and the two Dark Stones. However, as you sift around your possessions, you find a third Dark Stone that wasn't there before. Attached to it is a note.

Brave heroine,

Sorry about having to do that! It was the only way. Nonetheless, here's the Dark Stone you requested. It's been passed down in my family for decades and decades, but I suspect you need it more than I do. Be sure to visit us sometime. I bake a mean cake!

Signed,
    Princess Pomegranate

PS: You probably shouldn't try to explain to anyone that we met. They're almost certainly not going to believe you!

How do you proceed?

> lolwut?
    > Depart
    > Remain here

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Last edited by Oslo; 2nd June 2012 at 10:38 AM.

Chopin, you're up! Go after Vibrava and make sure he goes to sleep.

Bridge, use a combination of Attract, Captivate, and Present to keep Quagsire distracted while the Director paints a cage around him and the quilava to keep them out of this!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 50 ‡

Chopin pushes past Quagsire as he darts into the hallway and scurries after Vibrava. Bridgette, meanwhile, uses a variety of techniques to keep Quagsire absolutely stupefied as the Park Director traps him and the Quilavas in a painted cage.

However, the trapped Pokemon don't take this lying down. Quagsire begins to spew out some Acid Spray while the Quilavas respectively attempt to Flamethrower, Double Kick and Crush Claw their way out of the cage. The metal bars quickly start to dissolve and buckle. They won't remain captive for long.

Chopin then returns carrying Vibrava, who's slumbering away.

How do you proceed?

> Deal with the escaping Pokemon
    > Hurry uuuuup, Duckbot...

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Director, reinforce the cages as Chopin lull them back to sleep with another Sing.

Megazord, come out and carry the cage as far from here as you can!
    -Grey

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well if everyone's okay I think we'd best be heading out!

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 51 ‡

The Park Director begins slathering the cage with another dollop of metal paint. Chopin, meanwhile, Sings the quartet back to Sleep with another enchanting lullaby. Night night.

Megazord then hoists the cage over his head and sprints out the room. After a couple of minutes, he comes back looking proud of himself. At this point, Duckbot finally manages to override the firewall surrounding Calypso Fortress's database. Duckbot's pupils glaze over as it begins talking to you in a very non-Porygon-Z kind of voice.

"Proxy server initialized. Please select desired function:

1) Facility map
    2) Inmate records
    3) Teleportation jammer override
    4) Cell access
    5) Surveillance feed
    6) Alarm activation
    7) Other (Specify)"

Suddenly, a voice comes over the walkie talkie.

"We can't locate the intruders, Donnie," the Pokemon on the other end says. "We're going to come down there to access the surveillance feed and see if we can get a visual, alright?"

Meanwhile, Vibrava starts to wake.

How do you proceed?

> Select desired function
    > Use the walkie talkie
    > Deal with Vibrava

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Triangle Island

‡ Round 134 ‡

You decide it's time to depart.

How do you proceed?

> ...where to?

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

"Won't be necessary -- I see them on the surveillance camera already. They're heading towards the basement level right now!"

Director, I'm sorry to keep using you like this, but paint a hole in the floor below us. Then immediately close it up as soon as we push Vibrava into it!

Duckbot, override the teleportation jammer. We're gonna need that eventually, methinks. Then we'll try option 2.
    -Grey

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Err, yeah that's a point. I think we'll have to go to Platrin to put the stones into place... Ernesta, is that correct? Or am I missing something?

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 52 ‡

You pick up the walkie talkie and misdirect the Pokemon on the other end as the Park Director Sketches a large hole in the ground. He then tosses Vibrava into the hole before painting the floor back in place.

Perfectly aware that throwing Vibrava down a floor is not going to buy you very much time, you quickly get to work on accomplishing what you need to accomplish. You select options three and two from the menu.

"Teleportation jammer override activated. Teleportation jammer disable. Inmate records activated. Enter search terms."

Before you enter the search terms, the voice speaking through Inverted Duckbot continues.

"Routine virus scan activated. This will not affect your use of the system."

Uh, good to know?

How do you proceed?

> Enter search terms
    > Get out of here while you still have the chance

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Delay the scan and search for the Mistress.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Triangle Island

‡ Round 135 ‡

"Platrin is indeed where we need to go from here," Ernesta confirms. "Where exactly in Platrin we must take the Dark Stones is anyone's guess, unfortunately. We can only hope Steve and Salvador have not been having much luck tracking down the Light Stones. To allow them to command Reshiram's strength would almost certainly be disastrous."

With that, you hop aboard Sabaku and shoot off into the skies. You mount higher and higher skyward as the air grows thin and you plunge into a swath of cloud. You close your eyes and feel your entire body getting drenched by the sheer excess of moisture. You're unsure whether Sabaku knows the route, but you keep your arms tight around her neck with your fingers crossed.

The next thing you know, Sabaku touches down on solid ground and you open your eyes. You find yourself in a familiar garden oasis replete with flowing fountains, marble pavilions and an ancient well. The air here smells impossibly fragrant and, as you scan your surroundings, you see a few Pokemon nearby frolicking in the warm light.

You also see a pristine white temple stretching upward into sky.

How do you proceed?

> Approach Tyranitar
    > Approach Arcanine
    > Approach Salamence
    > Look around
    > Head toward the temple

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 53 ‡

You try to cancel the virus scan, but the system won't allow you.

"Virus scan override cannot be accessed via proxy server."

As the scan occurs, you search the database for Mistress Miyako's records. The search seems to take a few moments and you wait impatiently for it to complete. However, before the search can finish, a deafening alarm sounds throughout the entire complex. Your heart pounds as a voice comes on over the intercom. You recognize it as Vibrava.

"I found the intruders! I found them! They're in the main floor computer room!" Vibrava shrieks. "One human and several Pokemon! I repeat, a human and several Pokemon are in the main floor computer room! All personnel get down there!"

Suddenly, Duckbot chirps loudly as the search finishes.

"Prisoner found. Name: Miyako. Current security designation: Level Two. Location: Cell Block E on floor number--"

The voice goes dead for a second before resuming.

"Virus detected. Antivirus protocol activated."

Duckbot begins to turn a tinge of green as it lets out a series of erratic, pained shrieks. It then starts to twitch and convulse on the ground before rocketing around the room chaotically. It doesn't seem to like the antivirus program very much at all.

How do you proceed?

> Uh...
    > Uh...
    > Run?

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 4th June 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Duckbot, return for now.

Let's search for cell block E on this floor first.

Director, think you can fix my porygon with your paint?
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 54 ‡

As the alarm continues to sound, you summon Duckbot back to its Pokeball to temporarily halt the effects of the antivirus program. Knowing that time is of the essence, you do a quick search of the ground floor, scurrying up and down corridors while poking your head into various rooms and alcoves. There doesn't appear to be any prisoners on this floor at all.

"I'm not sure there's much I can do for your Porygon-Z," the Park Director admits. "Maybe when we're out of here I try, though?"

Suddenly, you hear a thundering noise from up above. It sounds like a number of Pokemon are hurrying down the stairs from up the upper floors. The noises are getting louder; they're going to reach the ground floor any second now.

How do you proceed?

> Hide
    > Fight

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 4th June 2012 at 04:47 PM.

Sorry, Director, but I'm gonna need your skills again. Megazord, lift us up to the ceiling so that the director can paint a hole into it and allow us to move upwards. Then we'll seal it back once we're all upstairs.
    -Grey

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hey Salamence, have you seen a smeargle and porygon around here? Or do you know of any shrines dedicated to Zekrom?

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 55 ‡

The Park Director proves his use once again as he paints a hole in the ceiling through which you climb just as the guards spill out into the ground floor. He hastily paints the ceiling closed yet again.

You find yourself in what looks like a break room replete with tables and snack machines. You look over and see a set of doors with the words Cellblock A stenciled on them.

How do you proceed?

> Explore this floor
    > Go up a floor

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Triangle Island

‡ Round 136 ‡

You ask Salamence about Steve, Salvador and the shrine for Zekrom.

"Yes, I saw a couple of Pokemon like that not too long ago," Salamence replies. "Ten minutes ago, perhaps? They asked me about the shrine for Reshiram, in fact. I told them that there is a shrine deep in the bowels of the temple where both Reshiram and Zekrom can be restored. That's where they went."

How do you proceed?

> To the temple!
    > Get more info from Salamnece

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions

Available

I'm gonna call out Duckbot and try to reboot him -- see if that'll cure his condition.

Everyone else: look around for cell block E. We'll see if the Mistress is here.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 56 ‡

As you and your clan explore Cellblock A, you try to see what you can do for Duckbot. You adjust its arms, blow into it and tap its head head a few times. Suddenly, Duckbot lets out an animated chirp. Reboot successful! The antivirus program appears to have been aborted. Phew. Duckbot then repeats its last function.

"Prisoner found. Name: Miyako. Current security designation: Level Two. Location: Cell Block E on floor number six."

Suddenly, you notice a few nearby cells with captive Pokemon in them. The Pokemon are watching you with interest.

"Hey, buddy, over here," Numel says to you. "You ain't one of the guards, are ya? Say, how about a little quid pro quo? Bust us out of this joint and we'll help ya out any way we can."

How do you proceed?

> Head to the sixth floor
    > Respond to Numel

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

No thanks. I'm not sure what you've done to get in here, after all.

I'll call out to the others and tell them that we're heading up to the sixth floor via teleportation!
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 57 ‡

You (wisely) ignore the help of the (creepy, possibly dangerous) captive Pokemon before using Inverted Duckbot's lucid frame of mind to Teleport to the sixth floor. You see the words Cellblock E stenciled onto a nearby door, which bodes well for you. The walls are lined with prison cells, the contents of which are dark and shadowed. There must be at least a hundred cells on this floor.

You stand at the juncture where two corridors meet. Hrm...

How do you proceed?

> Head left
    > Head right
    > Split up

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Splitting up would only double our chances of getting caught. I'll recall all my pokemon for now and head to the left-hand side.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 58 ‡

You (wisely) decide not to play into any (stupid, obviously dangerous) horror movie cliches by not splitting up. Instead, you recall Chopin, Megazord and Inverted Duckbot and take a left. You roam through the dark corridors and peek into the cells rather uselessly, unable to identify which inmate might be Mistress Miyako since you can't even say what species she might be. Fortunately, you have Brigitte and the Park Director with you and they scan the nearby cells attentively for any sign of the clairvoyant. Suddenly, they come to an unceremonious halt. They stare into one of the cells. Bingo.

Sitting there in the middle of the cell, illuminated by a narrow beam of moonlight, is a haggard old Crawdaunt. Her corneas are milky white and unseeing but she seems to have sensed your presence nonetheless. She watches you wordlessly.

How do you proceed?

> Address Mistress Miyako
    > Bust her out of there

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Last edited by Oslo; 6th June 2012 at 08:49 PM.

Do you know why we're here, Mistress?
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Tranquil Shores

‡ Round 59 ‡

You ask Mistress Miyako a question.

Part of you expects an immediate answer couched in some kind of mystical hokum, but Mistress Miyako doesn't deliver. Instead, the Crawdaunt hesitates. She slowly clicks her pincers and tilts her head as though trying to remember something.

"The Inner Eye... does not see as it once did," she murmurs slowly. After a second, her tone shifts. She becomes loud and curt. "Don't touch those, idiot girl! Those herbs are needed for my seance tomorrow. Open my cupboards again without permission, Astrid, and I'll be sure to set you straight."

She then raises one of her pincers menacingly.

How do you proceed?

> Respond
    > Bust her out of there

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

A pokémon with Alzheimer's. Wonderful.

Oh well; we ain't getting anywhere this route, and sticking around is just gonna end up getting us caught.

Duckbot, come on out and Teleport us into the cell, then we'll grab her and Teleport everyone out of this place!
    -Grey