A lot of Dex entries are messed up. Why? I don't know...

On a less disturbing and depressing note, I've always found it weird that Nidorina and Nidoqueen are unable to breed while Nidorino and Nidoking are. Was that some weird glitch from Gen 2 that stuck or what?

Also I've been curious as to why some things have genders (like Nosepass, Spiritomb, Castform, and other weird things like them) and why most Legendaries don't. Things like Castform and Spiritomb just seem more undefined like Magneton or Metagross. In the meantime, even if they still would be unable to breed (which also makes no sense to me, but I know why they can't in-game), I'm sure some people wouldn't mind knowing if their Articuno or Suicune were girls or if their Lugia or Rayquaza were guys.

Also I wonder why there is no consistency in technology. There have been some great items that we've seen in Pokémon over the years that only appear once or twice (at least so far). The biggest example of a useful thing hardly used: the Vs.Seeker. A fun item introduced in Gen 3 that allowed you to rematch any trainer on an outdoor route (would have been nice if they could have tinkered with it to work anywhere, save maybe in Gyms), not just select ones whose teams may not have worked well for either EXP or EV training. Unfortunately this little trinket has only seen in Kanto and Sinnoh, and apparently lost to the former by Gen 4. Also we've seen the advents of the PokéGear, PokéNav, Pokétch, and C-Gear, all of which had their useful qualities (except the Nav, which was basically a scaled down version of the PokéGear). However apparently no one shares their technology between Silph, Devon, etc. since the things that made each device good are nowhere to be found in the others. Trust me, I'd have loved to have had some of the Pokétch apps on the PokéGear, and I'm sure some of what either had to offer probably would complete the C-Gear (though I've heard it has some impressive tricks of its own). There was also the Berry Pots from HG/SS, which would have probably helped a lot to be present in B/W but also ignored.