Hi guys,

Has anyone here ever experienced any oddities in the world of Pokemon, or wanted to discuss any mysteries that have been baffling to them for some time? Well, that was the reason I wanted to make this topic. First, an oddity:

While playing Pokemon Fire Red earlier today, I hatched a female Azurill and eventually evolved her into a Marill...however, upon evolution I was surprised to see the Marill was male! Now, if anyone is wondering how this happens, it may sound confusing, but it's rather simple. Azurill has only a 25% chance of being male, while Marill has a 50% chance to be either male or female, meaning that one of every three female Azurill will evolve into a male Marill (whether or not that happens depends on the hidden personality value).

Second, there is one mystery that has been on my mind for a while. How come none of the Flying types introduced before Arceus (holding a Sky Plate) and Tornadus were pure Flying types? IIRC, wasn't Chatot originally going to be a pure Flying type before Nintendo decided to make it a Normal/Flying type? This is one mystery I sure wish someone could shed some light on, please.