Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The Monster Movie Contest

yay

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Meditite, stand close to the Snorlax plushie and use Trick to switch the plushie with the Marshmallow Man's hat making it land on his head.

Yanma, use Psychic to lift the giant net above him with help from Meditite's Helping Hand. C'mon guys, cheer for the little bug too. XD

Meditite, use Gravity to keep him stuck to the ground. (Even though gravity is related to mass not size and he's just a giant soft marshmallow, I'm sure gravity would be strong enough to bring him down to his "knees")

No direct damage done here :|

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ash and Rossy have two more days to get their appeals up.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

oops thought I posted, leo sketch a fire charm (make it like one of those broken heart charms) and give ric half, then both use fire charge to flame on while ric uses psychic to lift you and the marshmallow in the air and to make you circle it (in opposite directions), and ric as the marshmallow toasts use psychic to lift off the perfectly toasted bits and distribute them to the audience and finally end the fire by joining the two halves of the charm together
    ^not stealing any food^

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Okay, Eifie, Petallion, let's go out with a bang, shall we?

Petallion, use Grass Knot to trip that sucker up and Eifie, use Sunny Day to keep it nice and warm. Then, Solarbeam, Petallion and blow that thing up! Then Eifie, Psychic up the mess and collect up the marshmallows so the whole city can eat!

Master Trainer

The scintillating conclusion of the Contest will be posted tomorrow.

Master Trainer

THE MONSTER MOVIE CONTEST

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 3 Appeals ‡

Underscore, Meditite and Yanma kick off the final round. As the Stay Puft Man begins his squishy and delicious rampage, Meditite scurries close to the Snorlax plushie (omg, why don't I own like six of these) and snaps his fingers. Suddenly, he swaps items with the Stay Puft Man: Meditite gets an oversized hat (what a keepsake!) while the Stay Puft Man receives a big ol' plushie slamming down on his head. Dazed by this blow to his rather soft and puffy cranium, the Stay Puft Man wobbles precariously and can't do anything to stop the net that Yanma Psychic lifts down upon his head. In a display of excellent teamwork, Meditite whoops and cheers and claps his little hands together as he cheers on his partner. D'aww. What a champ. As the appeal comes to a close, the Stay Puft Man begins to thrash against his newfound bindings... but not for long. Meditite closes his eyes and hums as the Gravity begins to increase at an alarming rate. The Stay Puft Man's ankles begin to buckle as he collapses upon himself in a tidy heap of spongy, sugary goodness. Success! The crowd cheers.

Rossymore, Eifie and Petallion are the next trio to deliver their Round 3 appeal. Everyone's favourite marshmallowy (woah, my spellcheck actually recognizes "marshmallowy" as a word?) mascot once again stomps ever closer and Team Rossymore knows the time to act is now. Petallion raises her arms and lets out a cry that causes tremendous tendrils to smash their way up through the concrete streets and wrap themselves around the Stay Puft Man's scrumptious white cankles. Timber! The monster tips over and people scatter madly, but not quite fast enough; several vehicles and individuals get caught underneath the marshmallow blob. Um. Let's just hope they aren't dead? Meanwhile, Eifie slams her tail against against the ground and causes the moon to shine with a strange level of intensity. As the Stay Puft Man wriggles and writhes against his Grass Knot bonds, his skin begins to bubble and smell amaaazing. Petalion fires a SolarBeam and explodes the Stay Puft man's head, causing marshmallow chunks to rain downward. Eifie collects the falling chunks of marshmallow as medics rush in and check to make sure the people caught underneath the Stay Puft Man aren't dead. Oh, look, they're not! Hopefully Eifie can use the marshmallow chunks as a bribe so they don't sue. Anyway. The crowd applauds.

BTPoke, Catherine and Rosalinda take their turn once everything has been reset. Catherine begins to blaze with orange light as she breaks into a dazzling Flame Charge that nets a few oohs and aahs from yonder audience. However, the display only gets better from here: Rosalinda waves her arms and, with a Psychic flourish, raises her partner into the air! Hurr, it's a frickin' flying Rapidash! (Certainly I'm not the only one who thought a Fire/Flying unicorn Rapidash evolution would be neat, right? Right?! Anyway.) Catherine begins to do circles around the approaching Stay Puft Man as a sweeping tornado of flames is kicked up in her wake. The Stay Puft Man flails his arms left and right but Rosalinda's careful Psychic maneuvering prevents him from landing a hit. Once Catherine has been raised directly above the marshmallow mascot monster, she cuts loose with a flaming ideogram that cuts through the Stay Puft Man's hat and gooey body. The Stay Puft Man crumples as Rosalinda uses Psychic to gather some Rice Krispies and chocolate sauce. She combines them with the gooey marshmallow to make a tasty, cavity-inducing treat that she shares with everyone around her. Huzzah. The crowd cheers.

Ash0011, Leo and Ricario take their turn once the field has been cleared and reset. Leo gives her tail a flick and Sketches a two-pieced charm before handing one half of it to her partner. Both Pokemon hold a piece of the charm and the crowd watches as their bodies ignite with respective Flame Charges. Ooh. Purdy. Ricario uses Psychic to hoist his partner and himself up into the air; then, taking opposite paths, the two Pokemon start spinning round and round the Stay Puft Man in a fiery blur. (A vaguely familiar fiery blur at that.) Is it just me or is the Stay Puft Man beginning to look a wee bit crispy? As the two Pokemon descend, Ricario exerts his last bit of energy to distribute bits of golden marshmallow to the locals and looks a little exhausted as a result. With that, the two Pokemon finish by joining the two pieces of their charms together. The appeal merits some polite applause.

Emerald_Gen.3, Psycho and Blazer step up to deliver the final appeal of the Contest! The heat is on, guys (and not just because of all the Fire-type moves that have been used so far, lololI'mhereallweekfolks). As the Stay Puft Man rudely tromps through the city, Blazer begins drawing in sunlight as he charges up a powerful energy-based attack. Meanwhile, Psycho claps his hands together jauntily and calls up a shimmering screen of golden light that hangs suspended in the air. Booster finally explodes with a blast of solar lunar energy that is magnified by the Light Screen to create a colossal beam that could wipe out a dozen Stay Puft Men let alone one. (Petallion's piddly SolarBeam looks like a flashlight beam by comparison!) The tremendous blast destroys the Stay Puft Man's upper body and the beam keeps on going before decimating a nearby high-rise building. Derp. The remains of the lifeless, marshmallowy carcass look like they're about to fall over but Psycho employs a little bit of psionic trickery to keep them upright. Since Imprison isn't typically used this way, it takes an extra bit of energy but the ploy ultimately works and keeps the Stay Puft Man's lower body stable. Yay! Further destruction averted! The audience applauds.

‡ Round 3 Scores ‡

Underscore, Meditite and Yanma: I like the way you brought the items into the appeal... and you even used the Snorlax plushie! Egads! (Not that it gets you extra points or anything, but, y'know, I feel like that bears mentioning.) Helping Hand always adds a welcome touch to team appeals and served your goal while Gravity destroyed the Stay Puft Man in a safe manner. Kudos for finding a (relatively?) nonviolent way to overcome your opponent. Great work! 9.0 / 10

Rossymore, Eifie and Petallion: You picked attacks that definitely appealed to your Pokemon's strongest attributes. Since I advised you to avoid damaging your surroundings, you kiiinda took a gamble there with Grass Knot trip-up tactic. I think you could have definitely benefited from a lighter touch (or just a less explodey/people-crushing touch) but, other than that, the appeal worked fine. 8.0 / 10

BTPoke, Catherine and Rosalinda: This appeal worked extremely well! It provided a dazzling visual for the audience and included an effective use of movement. I like that you incorporated the Rice Krispies and chocolate into the appeal (am I the only one who prefers Rice Krispie squares to s'mores? idk) aaand I don't really have anything else to say besides that! Huzzah. 9.5 / 10

Ash0011, Leo and Ricario: Your appeal was solid. You set out to do what you wanted and avoided damaging your surroundings, but Ricario showed exhaustion there toward the end because of your overstuffed conclusion. You only had one action left at the end and Ricario was given a lot to do with only one Psychic, but this is only a minor snag. Unfortunately, the audience got a strong sense of deja-vu: your appeal was very similar to what BTPoke did and it resembled your Round 2 appeal. As a result, you didn't provide the kind variety the audience would have desired but your appeal was nonetheless effectively executed. 7.0 / 10

Emerald_Gen.3, Psycho and Blazer: I like the inventiveness of the SolarBeam + Light Screen combo. (Even though I guess the Light Screen should have weakened the SolarBeam, this is a Contest! Creativity is good!) It definitely provided the firepower you desired. However, the sheer power of the attack proved to be slightly destructive (but at least you took safety precautions at the end). One fairly important thing that bears mentioning: since SolarBeam requires two actions to pull off, you end up losing out on a move. As a result, you didn't do quite as much with your appeal as some of your peers and you lost some potential points as a result, but you accomplished your task nonetheless. 7.5 / 10

‡ Post-Round ‡

That was definitely closer than I anticipated! (Lolol, I realize it probably looks like I tweaked the numbers to create the three-way tie for second, but I didn't. 'Tis just the way the chips fell.) Great work to everyone involved and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. Congratulations to our winner, Emerald_Gen.3, who earns four points and the Monster Ribbon (should Blade ever choose to actually sprite it). And that's that! Now go out and post in lots of battles 'cause ASB is kind of lifeless right now and Oslo dun like it. Tootles!

*vanishes in a puff of marshmallows*

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Aah, too close. Well done to all participants and congratulations to Emerald for winning! Nice fun contest Oslo. More I say, more!

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Wow. Close finish again! I need to get my style on for the next contest xD

Advanced Trainer

Welp my first contest and I won YAY!!! (not gloating at all) You all were awesome I really liked your appeals so again thanks.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

darn it, knew I should've used plan A

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Last place with a huge gap from the other participants...Maybe I should have planned my appeal on the first round better...

But anyways, good job to all the contestants.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Congratulations to our winner, Emerald_Gen.3, who earns four points and the Monster Ribbon (should Blade ever choose to actually sprite it).
    Fuck off I'm working on it. I'll have it done by... uh... later.

EDIT: Alright, EG3, in recognition of your winning a Contest themed around monster movies, here's the Harryhausen Ribbon.

Congratulations, and wear it with pride.
    Last edited by Blademaster; 11th October 2012 at 06:29 PM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Advanced Trainer

Alright *puts ribbon on my jacket* good job you two

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker