Thread: Game Before A Console?

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Game Before A Console?

I have got an idea. Tekken series is quite popular where I live, and I like it too, so I might buy Tekken 7 in advance. I say in advance because I don't have Wii U... yet. For I realized I won't have a chance to buy Wii U until next spring or so, my budget is quite tight at the moment.

Is this a silly idea? Has anybody else ever bought a game before buying the console that it's for?

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Default Re: Game Before A Console?

Yes, I bought Suikoden for the PSX before having the actual console. I got the Playstation a good week later, it was sold out everywhere at that time.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

I would in the Suikoden case, since the console was purchased a week later (and Suikoden is amazing), but in the case of Tekken? Nope. They're not gonna run out of it very quickly... And it's the sort of game people are likely to trade in.

If it was Suikoden now, I would buy it now. Cos some JRPGs are so hard to find once they're a few months old.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Well Tekken is my absolute favorite beat 'em up series, and like my fourth favorite videogame series ever, surpassed only by Super Mario, Final Fantasy and Pokemon unless I'm forgetting something very crucial.

Must pay attention to game shelves when I go to the local shop, if it seems that it's the only copy left I'll ask if it is and perhaps buy it.

And no, I'm not ignoring your posts, my friends. It's that I have a hole in my sophistication where Suikoden should be.

False alarm, Tekken 7 isn't out yet, it was only a version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for Nintendo Wii U. I should be used to buying a console not too close to its original release date. The only case when I bought a console right on the European release date was with 3DS. And as you probably know, I have my Playstation 3, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is also for that console.