Thread: The "We're not dead" contest!

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default The "We're not dead" contest!

Contest time!

Since we are totally not dead, I think its time to celebrate, and generate a bit of appeal to bring MORE life back to our beloved forums! With that being said, I declare the "We're not dead" contest open for application.

This will be a simple, one round contests, with 4 moves. Only one Pokemon may be entered per trainer.

Theme: Our theme is simple - "We're not dead!!!". Coordinators and their Pokemon should try to demonstrate the life that they are celebrating.

Numbers: This contest will be judged PROMPTLY on September 30th (Ayeun's time). That gives trainers 4 days to apply, and post their appeals. When registering, submit your Pokemon, and the description of the four moves they will be using. Reservations are permitted, as long as your appeal is completed by the deadline. Edits are also acceptable, up until the deadline.

Prizes: There will be a reward for all coordinators who participate.

So, my dear coordinators, step right up and let us celebrate our beloved Pokemon!

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Re: The "We're not dead" contest!

I'm entering with Chiquita, my female Tropius with Solar Power ability.

For starters, let's capture the attention of the audience by summoning a raging Leaf Storm! After the storm is gone, let the day dazzle in Sunny Day. Now that we have sunlight, took in some of it and release a mighty Solar Beam! End with Synthesis and show us the revival ablity of plants!

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Alright, though this is going to be a first for me, I'm going to do my best to electrify this crowd, literally.

I'll be entering with Surge, my male Electivire with the Motor Drive ability.

Surge, start with Electric Terrain to get the ground sparking with some electricity, then follow it up with Ion Deluge. Next, I want you to give the ground around you an even bigger charge by using your tails to release a powerful Discharge into the ground. Finally, create a sky spectacle for our audience by shooting a barrage of electrified stars into the sky with Swift!
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alright guys I'm sending in Kappa the Golduck (F, Cloud Nine)

Let's show them that we can sustain life with water here at ASB. Start with projecting a Light Screen above the audience. Then use Rain Dance to make the actual water appear. Then use Hydro pump followed by Psychic to make the water into a bow and make it explode. Then bow to show off our manners as well.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Greiger

Let's see, I shall send out Chiller for this one (Sneasle, M, Inner Focus).

To star things off you'll will use a Hone Claws to get those claws nice and sharp so they can make the smallest of details possible. Accuracy is a must with this appeal. From there use Ice Shard to shoot up many pieces of ice up into the sky! Next, use Aerial Ace to jump up among the shards and slice them into a fine white powder. Finally once the shards have been transformed into 'snow' finish it off with a Swords Dance.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

alright I'm entering with Ricario (Lucario M Steadfast)

start off with an extremespeed+swords dance combo to get some fancy footwork, throwing up a double team during it to make yourself look even faster, and finish with a aura sphere explosion (think fireball-esque) in the center of the clones, destroying the clones and blocking you from view, end with you standing in the center of where the dragon pulse hit and bowing

Advanced Trainer

ok it posted two and won't let me delete this one… sorry about this
    Last edited by Ash0011; 28th September 2014 at 11:56 PM.

Alrighty then. It's the 30th. I am closing this up to judge it... Will post results shortly!

Contestants:

Mikachu
    KoT
    Emerald
    Greiger
    Ash

Lets do this!

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

"Announcer - Welcome ladies and gentlemen, and Pokémon of all types, to the first contest of 2014. Let's give a warm round of applause for our coordinator star, Ms Ayeun!"

*Crowd cheers like crazy, as Ayeun takes the stage, dressed in a fitting red dress, her Beautifly resting upon her left shoulder.*

"Thank you. Thank you! We're here today to celebrate the life of our Pokémon and the skills of their trainers. Today is a big day, and we hope that this will not be our last contest for the year
    *Crowd gasps*.

"To celebreate life, we first welcome to the stage, Mikachu Yukitatsu, and his Tropius, Chiquita."
    *Crowd cheers as Mikachu enters dressed in a very fancy and rather expensive looking green tailored suit. Several ladies in the first row swoon.*

Mikachu releases Chiquita, and issues a series of commands to the Fruit Pokémon. Chiquita flaps its immense wings, summoning a barrage of magical leaves, which sparkle gently in the soft wind caused by the wings. Quick as a flash, Chiquita concentrates on the sun, causing the leaves to sparkle further. Taking precice aim, Chiquita fires a solar beam barrage, smashing the leaves, and creating a cascade of sparkles, that seem to stick to her immense form, as she draws energy from them, the sun, and the surrounding world, sparkling all the way, as she grows ever so slightly, causing the fruit on her neck to grow once more. (Mika, I hope you are happy with the way I interpreted your combination. I felt that the solar beam needed a target, and I got the idea that you were going for sparkly life as a theme.)

*The crowd goes crazy as the sparkles finally fade, and the judges nod and murmer to themselves as they write something down*
    "Thank you, Mikachu for your amazing display. I hope that our next coordinator brings their 'A' game, because that is going to be one tough act to follow. Up next, an old trainer, but a new coordinator. He's a knight, and it says here that his hobbies include Green hats, saving princesses, swords and boomerangs. Give it up for Knight of Time, and his Electivire, Surge!"

*The swooning ladies in the front row go crazy as Knight of Time enters, dressed in his trademark green cap, leather breaches and tunic, and brandishing a sword.*

Knight of Time releases his Electivire, and issues a series of complex commands to the Thunderbolt Pokémon. Surge stomps his foot to the ground, trapping one of his power cables with it, causing the whole stage to become abuzz with electricity. Even the lights seem to get ever so brighter as a result. Lifting the cable, Surge sparks them together, causing a larger static to cling to his furry form. The sparks don't stop there, as they radiate outwards, causing the lights of the stage to start popping. Surge finishes strong, firing a barrage of electric charged stars above the audience, which sparkle and fizzle as they pop.

*Several whoop's can be heard from the crowd, as the audience applauds like crazy. The judges nod and murmur to themselves, while adjusting their statically charged hair.

"Thank you, Knight of Time, for that electrifying performance. Now, while the stage hands repair and replace the lights, I'd like to take a moment to talk to you about one of today's contests sponsor, 'Darkest Light's trusted brand Sword oil.' Do you often find your sword is dull and lifeless? Do you fear ridicule at the hands of your peers for a lifeless blade? Then fear no more, for 'Darkest Light's trusted brand Sword oil' guarantees to bring the light and shine to any blade. Yours for only Ą27,000. Found at any good weapon stand!"

"Okay, I've been told that we are ready for coordinator number 3. Emerald Gen3 is an eager trainer within the league, who has a decent pile of gym badges, and could possibly become the first ever champion of our small league here. He comes to us today to show us that even a future champion can be a coordinator. Let's give it up for Emerald Gen3, and his Golduck, Kappa!"

*Emerald takes the stage in a Blue Kimono, with a white wave pattern around the base. Releasing Kappa, he nods a series of commands to the Duck Pokémon, who responds with a nod of her own.*

Kappa begins waving her hands around in front of her, creating a large dish above the crowds head. Hopping from foot to foot, the Duck Pokémon tries to make it rain… But her ability locks those clouds away before they can form. Taking it in stride, Kappa begins filling the dish above the crowds head with water, and the psychically manipulates it up and outward. The water gently cascades down once more, creating the rain she so desperately tried to make, pattering away atop the light dish above the crowds head. Kappa bows low, as it sucks the water away from the crowds heads. (Emerald, I'm not sure if you took Cloud nine into account when you developed the moves, but Rain dance failed due to your Pokémon's ability.)

*There is a polite smattering of applause, as several roses (and one pair of panties) are tossed to Emerald's feet. The judges nod and confer amongst themselves while writing down the score.*

"Thank you Emerald Gen3 for that impressive display. Ladies and gentlemen, you will find under your seats you each have a towel, just in case any of that water did end up on your heads. Please hand the used towels to the ushers at the ends of your rows. Thank you. Now, please welcome to the stage, our fourth coordinator, Greiger, and his Sneasle, Chiller. You may remember Greiger from his past contest performances, but I am sure you will all remember this one today."

*Greiger takes to the stage, as the lights dim down, and turn eerily purple. Several Ooh's and Ahh's can be heard from the crowd. Greiger himself appears in a puff of smoke, wearing a deep purple cape, and a white mask across his eyes. As the lighting returns to normal levels, Greiger releases his Sneasle, Greiger and issues the commands.*

Chiller takes a few moments to sharpen his claws on the scaffolding, creating a shower of sparks, before firing a shard of ice directly above the stage. Taking a crouch, Chiller jumps up, dashing around the shard, hacking and slashing the large chunk of ice into a fine mist of snow, before back flipping away, landing in the soft snow, his claws purple, leaving a beautiful trail all the way from the remains of the shard to the stage.

*The crowd hoots and cheers, and a beautiful woman from the front row hoists a sign that reads "Marry me Greiger!" Greiger winks at the beauty, causing her to faint. The judges consult their notes, before writing something down*

"Thank you Greiger for that dramatic display. I am sure that the beauty in the front row will be fine, but just in case, can one of the ushers please take her to the first aid room? Thank you. Now, before we wrap this up with coordinator number five, I'd like to take a moment to talk about one of our sponsors, 'Greyfox brand home noodles'. Have you a craving for ramen? Perhaps a good soba noodle will do the trick? Sick of bland, plain noodles? Then look no further, for 'Greyfox brand home noodles' is delivering in a neighbourhood near you. Simply call 555-Greyfox. That’s 555-473-9369 today for a delivery near you."

"And now, today's fifth and final coordinator, Ash0011, and his trusted Lucario, Ricario. Ash0011 is another of our up and coming champions, and I for one, look forward to watching his eventual battle with Emerald Gen3."

*The crowd cheers like crazy as Ash takes the stand. Dressed in a blue and grey pinstripe suit, and wearing a Creeper head, Ash releases Ricario. Issuing commands to the Aura Pokémon, Ricario nods in understanding, before looking in confusion.*

Ricario dashes forward in a blur, leaving in his wake a string of copies of himself, all aglow with orange streaks. Dashing around further and further, creating more and more clones, all basking in the orange streak, Ricario skids to a holt, before lobbing a barrage of Aura spheres at the group, scattering them. The clones bark, and dash away from the stage into the night, never to be seen again. (Ash, you listed 5 moves, so your last move fell off the stack. I am sorry.)

*The crowd cheers extaticly for Ash as both he and Ricario bow deeply, a blush on both of their faces. As Ash leaves the stage, the judges write the last piece of information down, slipping it to Beautifly, who lands once more on Ms Ayeun's shoulder. The crowd quietens down as the five coordinators return to the stage*

"Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, Pokémon, coordinatiors, and esteemed judges. Before reading out today's results, I'd like to say a few words about one of our sponsors. 'MeLoVeGhOsTs's music store, providing all your music needs. Find them today on the PokéCloud, and on any good smart-Xtransceiver."

*Polite applause from the crowd as the lights dim, focusing on each of the coordinators.*

"Ash, The judges feel that your display was a bit rushed, and they don't mean the speed you used to finish it in. Also, the felt it was not finished fully (ie - missing move). Next time, remember that combination moves take up a useage for each move in the combo. And remember that a contest is not a race. The judges have awarded you a 7/10."

"Greiger, the judges feel that you demonstrated that even in the harshness of winter, life goes on. Considering that winter is coming, the judges were impressed at your risky chose of trying to use Ice to show life, but they felt you pulled it off. They have awarded you 8/10."

"Emerald, the judges were very impressed with your display of water was almost a perfect display of water's lifegiving properties, but felt that your choise to attempt a Rain dance when your Pokémon prevents such abilities cost you in the points department. All in all, an almost perfect display. 8.5/10."

"Mikachu, for your display today, the judges felt that your display was an impressive use of Grass Pokémon's ability to create life, and that you have shown that today. They have decided to award you a 8.5/10."

"Knight of time, for your use of electricity to show us that life is savage, powerful, and also dangerous, the judges have decided to award you a score of 9/10, and declare you today's 'We're not dead' contest winner!"

"For our winner today, Knight of time takes home 5 points, and the 'Life bringer' ribbon (If an artist is around to make it, talk to them)."

"For each of the other coordinators, they each take home 3 points a piece. And with that, ladies and gentlemen, Pokémon and judges, I bid you adieu! Mr Announcer, play us out!"

*Ms Ayeun departs the stage, and the crowd applauds politely.*

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you once again for coming to today's contest. Please keep an eye out, for I know Ms Ayeun will be back around Halloween for the next contest! Thank you, and good night!"

(((Greyfox, I don't remember how many points I get for hosting a contest, and I haven't seen DL around for ages. I won't be cashing in anytime soon, but it would be nice to know. Ta.)))
    Last edited by Ayeun; 30th September 2014 at 05:48 AM.

I Finnished last Moderator

Shared the second place with Emerald_Gen.3? Brilliant! And a great contest overall. Insidentally, I just changed to a Halloween-themed Pokemon signature, by the way.

I hope you enjoyed reading it. I even threw in a few sponsor adds for a giggle while writing it. Also, I described you all in 'costume', because why not.

And yes, I will be doing a 'Trick or treat' contest, probably in 2 weeks. I figure that a bit of activity and we might get some more life and interest.

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah second place, I might have won had I thought that Cloud Nine would go into effect instead of not worrying. But all in all congrats to Knight of Time and good job everyone. We should all try to be in the next contest, I know I will be. Until then avi dese (how ever that's spelled)

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Greiger

Yeah, this was a fun contest and I will make sure to join that trick or treat one then. Great job everyone.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Wow. Just wow.

I had a feeling I wouldn't know the limits of my own "strength" here, especially with the shocking results. Still, I'm floored I won, and I happily accept the points here. But, this was more of a "tryout" for me (just to see if I could come up with something that would be sure to sparkle), so I'm not sure if I'll be in a future contest.

This one was pretty fun though, so I have to give credit where credit is due...thanks Ayeun.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeun View Post
    (If an artist is around to make it, talk to them)
    *whistles nonchalantly*

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    *whistles nonchalantly*
    *Looks at Blade*

*Looks at the coordinators*

*Looks at Blade again*

Hai~!

*Faints~*

Advanced Trainer

wait what extra move? I only see the four, extreme speed, swords dance, double team, and aura sphere… oh wait I put dragon pulse instead of aura sphere on the second bit… oops

well darn, and for the record I didn't rush the submission, I was sleepy

this was fun though, thanks Ay!