So every now and then I peer at my join date and it dawns on me that I have spent over half of my life on these forums. And you know what, that's fine - I still dig chilling here, even though it's become a ghost town.

What I began pondering is how I have changed from the early days of TPM up to now - like many of us, I'm a very different person in a very different point of my life.

For one thing, I stopped caring about a decade ago - it's amazing how much more freeing it is when you're not concerned with being cool or liked. Back in the early 2000s, I desperately wanted to be recognised, but the sad truth of it was that there were so many members who had already established their place, I really didn't gain any notoriety until most of the members had already left.

I used to most often frequent the RPG forums or PCG, whereas now I'm pretty much exclusively lurking in Miscellaneous Stuff and Mt. Moon. On that note, I resigned as Misc mod because there didn't seem to be much point considering the diminished numbers on the forum - but nowadays I wish I hadn't, because I'm power hungry.

I used to litter my messages with Pokemon smilies. ...Now everyone litters their messages with emojis. I did it first.

Most of all, I was really obsessed with my postcount back then... Now I'm completely obsessed with it.

...So how have you changed?