Thread: How have you changed at TPM?

So GIFs don't move now? Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Question How have you changed at TPM?

So every now and then I peer at my join date and it dawns on me that I have spent over half of my life on these forums. And you know what, that's fine - I still dig chilling here, even though it's become a ghost town.

What I began pondering is how I have changed from the early days of TPM up to now - like many of us, I'm a very different person in a very different point of my life.

For one thing, I stopped caring about a decade ago - it's amazing how much more freeing it is when you're not concerned with being cool or liked. Back in the early 2000s, I desperately wanted to be recognised, but the sad truth of it was that there were so many members who had already established their place, I really didn't gain any notoriety until most of the members had already left.

I used to most often frequent the RPG forums or PCG, whereas now I'm pretty much exclusively lurking in Miscellaneous Stuff and Mt. Moon. On that note, I resigned as Misc mod because there didn't seem to be much point considering the diminished numbers on the forum - but nowadays I wish I hadn't, because I'm power hungry.

I used to litter my messages with Pokemon smilies. ...Now everyone litters their messages with emojis. I did it first.

Most of all, I was really obsessed with my postcount back then... Now I'm completely obsessed with it.

...So how have you changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

I Finnished last Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: How have you changed at TPM?

When I joined TPM back in 2001, I didn't even know what a message board is. I was a high school student living in a substitute family and TPM in my school computer classroom was a great way to escape from reality. Now I have gone through several psychosis and mental hospital phases. I used to be a lot more 'cautious' of my behavior here. I was afraid of SPAMming, and still, I don't thing I succeeded too well to avoid it. Now I have revealed about everything about myself here and you guys know me well. Oh, and like you, DragoKnight, I wanted to be famous here. I wanted everyone to acknowledge my existence. However, it took me like 10 years to achieve 10,000 posts. I have also improved my English a lot through TPM. So much that I can see this post of mine is of a bad quality.

Modding GD for 16 years. Moderator

To be honest, I don't think I changed that much. Maybe because I was already relatively old when it first started out. I was of course more active.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I joined here at this site at a very young age when I was in high school. I participated in many of the discussions here and I try to maintain some sense of stability here, even though practically no one comes here anymore. This site is still a lot of fun to read and post at. I am really glad at the way the Pokemon series has progressed. The games are still a ton of fun.
    I will be getting both Pokémon Sun and Moon when they get here to me!!

I bring the beat Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I joined when I was in middle school and I'm now four years out of my master's program! I'd say I changed a whole ton. When I was 13 and registered for TPM, I was a homeschooled, religious kid who was kinda paranoid about a lot of things. I also had never had real friends until I joined TPM mostly because of being raised in a weird homeschooling cult lol. TPM got me through some rough times and helped me really blossom as an adult. Meeting some of you all in person are some of the most fun memories of my life.
    so you got some curb appeal
    but can you cook a three-course meal?
    or are you just a present waiting to be
    opened up and parceled out again?

winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), and (d)ream (2015) unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1. i've seen many things.

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    You Are Awesome.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

When I first joined, I was playing Pokemon Gold, so I posted mostly to ask questions about the game mechanics. In the process, I sort of befriended a guy named Sacherry, with whom we started discussing the games, but then he was banned by Hydro because he didn't like him.

Then I joined a few RPGs, but none of them took off. And then Polls & Clubs was created. Clubs were all over the place and I, like others, filled my sig with the symbols of each club I joined. Until I found the Dragon's Guild, a club unlike any other, which marked the beginning of what I now see as the core of my TPM life: the Adopted Pokemon game.

I've done many things since then: played and hosted games and even literary contests, wrote quite a bit, contributed to the Fanfic E-Zine a few times, made a few more failed attempts at joining RPGs, hosted one (Expedia) which lasted for a long time but eventually ended badly, became a mod, then a supermod, then an admin, helped as much as I could with everything, and kept AC/CC going until all other players lost interest.

And so began my post-AC/CC era, which is currently ongoing, marked by low activity and low expectations. But hey, I'm still reachable and willing to help if anyone needs me.
    Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly (2008), Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea (2012), World traveler (2012), Busy (2013), Patient (2013),
    Durga (2014), Firefox (2014), Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

still ostensibly play mons and all, still the same ol' me cept I'm old enough to stop giving a shit about anything
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.