Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Mt. Moon Requiem

  1. #1
    I Finnished last Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    Mikachu Yukitatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    World 6
    Posts
    14,626

    Default Mt. Moon Requiem

    Its seems that TPM's last days are drawing near, so I propose this idea.

    Here it is, the discussion about moving all the Mt. Moon threads to Mt. Moon Archive. I'm aware of the rule 'what starts at Mt. Moon, it stays at Mt. Moon' but I don't think it prevents us from discussing this.

    I'm all for moving the threads, as you might guess. I was at the hospital when Mt. Moon rose, but what I noticed later was that the spam forum became super popular. But at the same time, it consumed our energy and free time. Also, it diverted the attention from other forums and soon people abandoned those forums. Some even used Mt. Moon for posting all sorts of sensible topics which could well have gone forward better elsewhere. People spammed there because at Mt. Moon, everyone could reply anyway they wanted.

    I must not hide the fact that the Postcount +++ people would also like this. I'm also somewhat that kind of guy myself. I'd like to see what the postcounts looked like if the threads were moved to Mt. Moon Archive, where every post counts.

    What does everyone else think?

  2. #2
    So GIFs don't move now? Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer
    DragoKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    balls
    Posts
    4,330

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    Nah bruh
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

    Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

  3. #3
    Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    9,423

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    archive & send by e-mail

  4. #4
    I Finnished last Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    Mikachu Yukitatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    World 6
    Posts
    14,626

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    Nah bruh
    And your argument, sire? I reckon you said you already treat all the other forums as if they were Mt. Moon? Where's the witty DragoKnight I used to know? Unless you're cleverly hiding your real opinion for political tactics.

  5. #5
    So GIFs don't move now? Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer
    DragoKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    balls
    Posts
    4,330

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    Because it's stupid.

    Witty enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

    Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

  6. #6
    Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    9,423

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    no

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Moderator
    Mr.E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    9,147

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    imagine caring about postcount on a forum that literally died over a decade ago

    I also agree that Mt. Moon is dumb and just Misc with some pointless spam and killed what little activity it still had, but even Mt. Moon is dead anymore. It is truly sad days, indeed.
    Last edited by Mr.E; 5th February 2018 at 10:00 PM.

  8. #8
    I Finnished last Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    Mikachu Yukitatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    World 6
    Posts
    14,626

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    I maybe was harsh on DragoKnight, but that's what he's giving back at me. Fortunately I'm a masochist when it comes to being trolled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    imagine caring about postcount on a forum that literally died over a decade ago
    My point stays. This is about the last days of TPM, so why not let all the posts show up. It'll be the final postcount of TPM as we know it.

    Then there's also the opinion 'Postcounts are already false because of the hackings', but I'd like to see some proof at least. I think I was down to 700 posts or something in 2004 when I had to quit because of the Conscription Army and when I came back from my first hospital period, I didn't notice anything. That has been my longest hospital period so far.

    I have been to forums other than TPM, but never found something where to belong and a place to call home like this very forum. I remember persons that had got enough of bad treatment on Final Fantasy Finland, persons that gave up with edu.haapavesi.fi because it was puny attempt to get the people around a school message board, persons who posted 200 messages on Mirai Tsuki and then left for K-Pop.

    I never was a member on Serebii, Smogon or Bulbagarden, but I can well imagine many people have abandoned them as well. For Facebook? Twitter? We are TPMers, let's show the world what we have been doing for all these years, let Mt. Moon posts shine in our memories!

  9. #9
    Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    shazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    11,190

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    Alternative idea: Add a custom mod that displays your Mt. Moon post count separate from the rest of TPM

  10. #10
    Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    Lady Vulpix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Alternative idea: Add a custom mod that displays your Mt. Moon post count separate from the rest of TPM
    Funny, but that would require tampering with the vB code and none of us has access to it.

    Also, 2018 and people still care about postcounts.
    Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly (2008), Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea (2012), World traveler (2012), Busy (2013), Patient (2013),
    Durga (2014), Firefox (2014), Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015).


    Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

  11. #11
    So GIFs don't move now? Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer
    DragoKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    balls
    Posts
    4,330

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    Funny, but that would require tampering with the vB code and none of us has access to it.

    Also, 2018 and people still care about postcounts.
    People can like what they like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

    Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

  12. #12
    Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    Lady Vulpix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    Of course they can, but most meaningless trends tend to die much more quickly.
    Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly (2008), Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea (2012), World traveler (2012), Busy (2013), Patient (2013),
    Durga (2014), Firefox (2014), Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015).


    Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

  13. #13
    Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    shazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    11,190

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    As humans, we have evolved to seek prestige and status. An easy way to convey this, especially with the advent of the internet, is quantifiably: more is better. These days, we witness this with the addiction to likes, views, and subscribes. Before Web 2.0, specifically social media, one of the easiest ways to convey this was with: The Postcount.

  14. #14
    I Finnished last Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    Mikachu Yukitatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    World 6
    Posts
    14,626

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    shazza, I agree on what you say but I was also surprised to see you had an alternate idea to suggest. It wouldn't just let Mt. Moon stay there, but also make true the dreams of having Mt. Moon posts boost everyone's postcount.

  15. #15
    Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    shazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    11,190

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    My friend, I understand your mortal dreams for a higher postcount -- both from a compassionate and evolutionary perspective. I do not judge you with the emoticon!

    However, I have transcended them. Let us eliminate post counts!

  16. #16
    Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    9,423

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    delete all postcounts, posts, forums

  17. #17
    I Finnished last Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    Mikachu Yukitatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    World 6
    Posts
    14,626

    Default Re: Mt. Moon Requiem

    Shutting down TPM? That idea was introduced already 9 years ago. Maybe we could do that on our 20th anniversary.

    Another idea would be a challenge for everyone willing to post, say, 5,000 replies in 2 years and if we can't make it then shut down TPM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •