Thread: TPM, do you like your life as it is now?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Happy TPM, do you like your life as it is now?

My life couldn't be better than what it is now.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: TPM, do you like your life as it is now?

yeah it's alright

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Can't complain here, all's going well.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Sometimes.

for all seasons Moderator

nah lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    nah lol
    lmao xd
    The Hero of Hyrule.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Things are starting to look up for me. One big apology to someone I unintentionally wronged, and one rejoining of Neopets are now under my belt.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I am enjoying it at the moment, yes.

I know that may not be the impression I give here, and the truth is there are subjects that genuinely get to me that happen to come up, there isn't much more to it than that. I'm not actively trying to provoke anyone.

Outside of trolling on he internet and social mediia my life is actually pretty content. A couple things that could be better but they aren't really weighing me down.
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?

I Finnished last Moderator

1) Friends
    While I consider many people as friends, there are some relationships where I feel I have done wrong and I'd like to correct them. What comes to TPM friends, I still have them a lot more than anybody else here, 101 people. Although I don't know if it's a good indicator, since so many of them have left TPM. Anyway, from outsider viewpoinnt, TPM friends may seem like strangers to each other, but we all know we actually know each other quite well, because we can read each other's writings whenever we want. Finally, there are Facebook friends, which might, surprisingly enough, be a good indicator because, relatively, I don't have so many of them. Score: 8/10

2) Independence
    Eventually, I got an apartment for my own one year ago. One could say I have almost got out of the ratwheel that is Finnish health care in its most over-custodial sense. With the local mental hospital no longer here and the traineer's houses I used to live in finished, the only thing left of that is home training. A person from the local health care center visits my house every week to see if I'm alright. The system is called kotikuntoutus, literally the home-training. It's actually quite helpful. Score: 9/10

3) Love
    I'm steadily single right now, but a bit lonely sometimes. I almost was about to have a girlfriend a while ago, but there were some big issues. She wasn't too attractive, and she wanted it to happen too fast. I have never been a good kisser, and I didn't even dare to say her I'd rather kiss a girl to her hand or leg than to face. As a pretext, I wanted to be with her a while because she had the same forename as another girl. Obviously, that was a pathetic excuse because they were two entirely different people in the end. However, I can't help being optimistic, since while I have had big trouble giving it up with the girls I loved, I think I can also find new romances quite easily when needed. Of course, they may be one-sided, but I can't deny one-sided loves have always inspired me. Score: 7/10

4) Medication
    My medication is heavy, but the doctors and other mental support keep telling me it's good for me. My hands are still shaking like those of an old man, and my memory is getting worse. But who knows what would happen to my mental health if I didn't eat the pills and capsules. My scitzophrenia might run out of control and I could even start hearing voices again. However, my dream is that I could start slowly reducing my medication in distant future. With a doctor's permission and control, of course. I have heard stories how old Finnish people are kept over-medicated in nursing homes. Those people are easy to look after, all they do is sleep, but some tries have been made these days to reduce their medication with fairly good results. Score: 7/10

5) Money
    If I had more money, I think I'd only spend it less carefully. For those who have never really been employed because of their early disability pension, like in my case, too, the Finnish goverment still gives enough money to pay bills, rent, food. And I'm also able to buy stuff I need in my hobbies and that's more than important to me. One stupid thing I have to spend 50 euros every month though. When I was visiting four days a week the last trainee house, my ”hometown” Kalajoki, where I hadn't lived for 20 years (!), had been counting a fee all the time. When I finally got rid of that town, they sent me a bill of 1000+ euros and I'm still paying it, though I did get a reducement of a couple of hundred euros from the social security office. Score: 8/10

6) Physical Well-Being
    Have to say I'm not in a good physical condition, although I started going to gym again in January. I keep eating junk food and candy and my only healthy meal is usually the lunch in Mielikkitalo, fortunately I go there every day and it's cheap and good. I should train for my participation in a sports event in August but I honestly don't know how to pull it out. I have been a bit too tired to increase my phyiscal well-being, but I should bear in mind that if I moved more, I'd perhaps be less tired and have more energy to other things as well. Score: 7/10

7) Safety
    Finland it still a considerably safe country to live in, although there have been some shootings and even terrorist attacks. Even in my hometown there have been more than one arsons within the past few years. Also, somehow I'm not bothered by the thought, after all, there's very little I can do about it. What I acutally can do something about, is to stay safe from alcohol myself which seems to play a role in the problems the bums here have. Score: 10/10

8) Self-Actualization
    I have drawn pictures and comics for my entire life, and there have been times I have been even more creative than now. However, I think I currently have more time than ever to do this now. The minus side is that while I'm short of other activity the ideas are harder to obtain so I tend to run into thinker's blocks more often when doing longer projects. What's more, when I do get an idea, I'm not necessarily able to carry it out right away. That's normally because I want to complete a longer project first, if I didn't do that, I'd soon have 10 unfinished projects. Score: 8/10

Overall Score: 8/10

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

It has its ups and downs. Overall it's going pretty well. I hope things keep getting better.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I dig it

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

red apple Re: TPM, do you like your life as it is now?

glowi
    ng bb
    code
    text
    makes
    me
    feel
    good
    Last edited by A Grilled Fish; 6th August 2020 at 12:12 AM.