Thread: Did you ever play sports in high school?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Happy Did you ever play sports in high school?

I did Track, Cross Country, and a little jv Football.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Re: Did you ever play sports in high school?

There were a few sports I played in high school while I was in physical education. The best memory I have comes from playing volleyball; I used to pull off a serve that could send the ball really high and far, the only drawbacks were, one, I usually had to stand a good distance behind the net to make the serve, and two, it was sometimes inaccurate.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Time View Post
    There were a few sports I played in high school while I was in physical education. The best memory I have comes from playing volleyball; I used to pull off a serve that could send the ball really high and far, the only drawbacks were, one, I usually had to stand a good distance behind the net to make the serve, and two, it was sometimes inaccurate.
    Volleyball is a tough sport to master.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

no in high school i could not play sports due to a lung condition that turned out to be temporary and caused entirely by my parents smoking indoors (bravo ace parenting there), but i play rugby now
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

I Finnished last Moderator

I managed to skip almost all voluntary P.E. classes at lukio (the closest Finnish equivalent to high school). Instead, I was in the computer class, where I either stalked the Red-Haired Girl via webcam or read TPM.

During the compulsory P.E. classes, I liked pesäpallo, which is a variation of baseball, although I never hit the ball!

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Volleyball is a tough sport to master.
    Tell me about it...when I was playing volleyball inside the gym while in high school (this was before it had to be torn down due to an asbestos problem in the walls; it was rebuilt in another location even though I have yet to see the inside of the new school), I was wary of hitting the ball too hard while doing a serve simply because I didn't want the ball to end up hitting the ceiling and possibly getting stuck. Luckily on the day of the grad barbeque (when I was in grade 12), I was able to play volleyball outside, and there was no ceiling to hinder me any time I served.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

I Finnished last Moderator

I myself was always in trouble with perceiving the space in volleyball as well. Doing a serve was impossible for me.

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Netball, nukemball, badminton, tennis and basketball. I just shot like a netballer. Also dodgeball and some hockey game but played inside. We refused to shower so we were all stinky after.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Being on color guard for jrotc earned me a letter jacket, lol! Otherwise, no, I hate playing sports. Too short, too slow, and not competitive enough. I did cheerleading in middle school but didn't advance to high school because I couldn't do all the flippies the more serious girls could do.