Thread: Proposal to change the Eighth Generation forum's name to Switch Pokemon Games

Hybrid View

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Re: Proposal to change the Eighth Generation forum's name to Switch Pokemon Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    Fix what exactly?

We're going to restructure the forums in question, but we first need to decide how we want to do it. I suggested that Kyle posted this thread because I was not sure of what people would prefer. For now it sounds like there should be a Mainstream Switch Pokémon Games... with a subforum for the 8th generation, one for the 9th and one for Legends: Arceus?

Don't forget we've also got Let's Go Eevee & Let's Go Pikachu; as I mentioned already, they're considered 7th generation games. While they introduced Meltan & Melmetal (#808 & #809 respectively in the National Pokedex), they were also the first Pokemon games released on the Switch (aka before Sword & Shield). On that note, just to avoid potential confusion, maybe we should also rename the sub-forums of DS/3DS Pokemon games as such (old on the left, new on the right):

Fourth Generation -> Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver
    Black/White -> Black, White, Black 2, White 2
    Sixth Generation -> X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
    Seventh Generation -> Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon

Edit: I also definitely agree with you and Christen on the team rating thing Gabi; I mean, they were pretty common in TPM's early days, but hardly anyone rates a team posted here (or even a single Pokemon for that matter) nowadays. One of the few exceptions was when I decided to rate Link's Tyrantrum from Ultra Moon; when it comes to rating (or even coming up with) a moveset for a Pokemon, I'm so glad we've got Smogon with their many great suggestions for movesets, and as some of you may know (or perhaps didn't know), I received some Pokemon from them in GTS trades in the past. That was where I went to look for a better moveset to suggest for Link to try for his Tyrantrum.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 31st October 2023 at 03:11 PM.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020