Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full list of english names (not confirmed true!)

Default Full list of english names (not confirmed true!)

These have been circulating around several boards and are claimed by many to be absolutely true, but noone can know for sure. Most of them I think sound fairly legitimate by nintendo standards, but a handful of registered names aren't here, like Lobstar. Some are also outright horrible. "Goatsevil" and hanteeru's baraccuda-derived name are extremely stupid (how could a deep-sea gulper eel be confused with a barraccuda!?) and Mushboom is the name of a secret of mana enemy. Actually, I'd say this is only 45% likely to be at all true.

If this is already confirmed fake, go ahead and lock this. Just don't yell at me for it, i'm just passing it on.

Kimori - Treecko
    Juputoru - Grovyle
    Jukain - Forestroy
    Achamo - Torchic
    Wakashamo - Combusken
    Bashaamo - Rooferno
    Mizugorou - Mudskip
    Numakuroo - Marshstomp
    Raguraaji - Swampert
    Pochiena - Poochyena
    Guraena - Greyena
    Jiguzaguma - Zigzagoon
    Massuguma - Strayline
    Kemusso - Wurmple
    Karasarisu - Silcoon
    Agehunt - Monnark
    Mayurudo - Cloacoon
    Dokukeiru - Mothrank
    Hasubo - Lotad
    Hasuburero - Medirog
    Runpappa - Hineapple
    Tanebou - Seedot
    Konohana - Rootash
    Daatingu - Bushron
    Tsuchinin - Soylmer
    Tekkanin - Flymer
    Nukenin - Husker
    Subame - Taillow
    Oosubame - Tallow
    Kinokoko - Shroomish
    Kinogassa - Mushboom
    Pacchiiru - Patchell
    Kyamome - Wingull
    Perippaa - Pelipper
    Ametama - Skimdle
    Amemoosu - Fleyeball
    Hoeruko - Wailmer
    Hoeruo - Wailord
    Eneko - Skitty
    Enekororo - Skittyskat
    Kekureon - Kecleon
    Yajiron - Elwyn
    Nendooru - Nendil
    Nozupasu - Nosepass
    Koutasu - Erupturtl
    Yamirami - Gemineye
    Dojocchi - Eelflish
    Namazun - Flishker
    Rabukasu - Ceternity
    Heigani - Clawfish
    Shi-zarigar - Lobstrike
    Hinbasu - Ugnaught
    Mirokarosu - Beauteel
    Kibania - Pirocious
    Samehadda - Sharpedo
    Nakkuraa - Knuckler
    Biburaaba - Vibrava
    Furaigon - Flygone
    Makunosita - Sumeager
    Hariteyama - Sumongous
    Rakurai - Rayshokk
    Raiboruto - Rayboltt
    Donmeru - Donmel
    Bakuda - Volcanox
    Tamazarashi - Ballrus
    Todogurar - Rustache
    Todozeruga - Wintusk
    Sabonea - Cactot
    Nokutasu - Scactar
    Yukiwarashi - Igmo
    Onigoori - Glaciorn
    Lunatoon - Lunatone
    Solarock - Solarock
    Ruriri - Azurill
    Banebuu - Banelett
    Buupig - Banepigg
    Purasuru - Hopplus
    Mainan - Minare
    Kuchiito - Chomptal
    Asanan - Meditape
    Chaaremu - Apecks
    Chirutto - Canaerie
    Chirutarisu - Airstrich
    Sonano - Wynaut
    Yomawaru - Skulltin
    Samayooru - Eyeclops
    Roseria - Roselia
    Donmeru - Donmel
    Namakero - Dulloth
    Yarukimono - Scowloth
    Kekkingu - Sleepitoth
    Gokurin - Gunkin
    Marunoomu - Gluttin
    Torupiusu - Tropidon
    Gonyonyo - Whispear
    Dogoomu - Yellmor
    Bakuong - Screamandr
    Paaruru - Clamperl
    Hanteeru - Barracruda
    Sakurabisu - Snorkeel
    Abusoru - Goatsevil
    Kagebouzu - Sihloate
    Jupetta - Jestrick
    Habunake - Fangoa
    Zanguusu - Zangoose
    Jiiransu - Jilance
    Kokodora - Tinling
    Kodora - Tankrome
    Bosugodora - Empiron
    Powarun - Forrcast
    Barubito - Volbeat
    Iruumize - Illumise
    Ririira - Spydine
    Yureidoru - Chomplant
    Anopusu - Anopsys
    Aamurudo - Armordon
    Rarutosu - Ralis
    Kiruria - Kiryre
    Saanaito - Psyknight
    Tatsubei - Mulletaur
    Komoru - Sheldrake
    Boomanda - Boomander
    Danbaru - Danble
    Metangu - Metangle
    Metagurosu - Wreckluse
    Reji-rock - Regi-rock
    Reji-ice - Regi-ice
    Reji-steel Regi-steel
    Kaiorga - Kyogre
    Groudon - Groudon
    Rekkuuza - Rexza
    Latias - Latias
    Latios - Latios
    Jiraachi - Jiratch
    Deokishisu - Deoxys
    Chiriin - Winchime

Banned

It's fake. Forestroy and Rooferno are fake names, and the Rgis no longer have slashes between their names

Banned

Ugh. Those were posted at gamefaqs, and I clearly explained(several times) why they are fake. Conveniently, the person that posted those names chose to ignore me completely rather than prove me wrong. An obvious sign of him lying.

Banned

I'm checking through all of them just to find out if any may be real, but so far none are. They just rehashed all the names in my topic and added fake ones to it. Plus Ralis isn't even the real name. We found out it was misread and it's actually Ralts.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Yes, the guy who posted those has yet to provide any type of proof.

The sun will rise...

Banned

Now, excuse me for pointing it out, but "Yajiron - Elwyn;
    Nendooru - Nendil" - who smells Lord of the Rings? Nintendo is stupid, but not stupid enough to infringe on any laws of copyrighting, and also wouldn't be THAT unoriginal - although "Ralts" seems to suggest otherwise.

Banned

Seriously, Rooferno? Thats the crappiest name. I think bashamo's english name should be something with fire and fighting put together. Lets think of some fire and fighting words.

Inferno, Blaze, Ignite, Combustion, flame, magma, lava, hot(-__-), etc

Karate, Ta chi(sp) Judo, Pilates(lol) ,etc

Now think of a clever way to put them together.

Ugnaught

Um... Star Wars copyrights, anybody? The Ugnaughts were the fugly little furry dudes who played catch with Threepio's head in Empire Strikes Back, for those who don't know.

Mulletaur= XD

Mullets are awesome.

Sounds not only fake, but stupid, too... I doubt Nintendo has their heads THAT far up... well, fill in the blank yourselves.
    Ellé terats sell jetus sčr ellé matraks dell Teratius, myiell.

Banned

Ya, play SW: Bounty Hunter for GCN and you'll get a much better look at Ugnaughts

Psyknight is very stupid too.

Banned

I believe Deoxys is correct, since for one, when I looked the word up, lots of lab things and scientific/DNA things popped up. Also, I've found that English name on every Pokedex I've found it in so far. I might be wrong though... If I am, does anybody know its real name? I'm fascinated with it, and want to learn everything I can about it! ^^;;

Banned

Deoxys is real. They copied all the confirmed names in my post and all the recent good guesses and rumors. Rooferno and Forestroy are recent rumors and Wreckluse was a guess someone made for Rekkuza much earlier. These people are completely faking everything else. But like other people have said, some of there guesses are quite good and I have gone through and checked all of them to find out if any were real.

Banned

I gotta go with Vitortomita. "Psyknight"? Why the heck would they give a masculine name to a pokemon that clearly onl comes in female form.

Besides, "Lunatoon" and "Solarock" aren't even the Japanese names; the correct names are "Runatoon," and "Sorurokku."

And by the way, so many people continue to insult the three Rejis (who really should be called the REZIS, by the way, with a "Z"), by calling them "Reji-Rock," "Reji-Ice," and "Reji-Steel." I would personlly be insulted if I were a pokemon people simply referred to me by my title and type. I mean, it would be like if you lived in Chicago, you were an attorney, and when people talked about you, they referrred to you as, "Chicago-Attorney". Would you like that? No, you wouldn't.

Their proper Japanese names are: Rezurooku (the Rock one), Rezuaisu (the Ice one), and Rezusuchiiru (the Steel) one.

Write those names down somewhere where you won't forget it. And when Nintendo finally gets around to revealing all the English names (and I wish they would), I'm sure these three guys will get good ones.

- Venusaur

Banned

Venusaur, No one's gonna waste all that time typing those names out. Except you maybe. We refer to them with their respected type because its faster to type and easier to remember.

Banned

Well, see Latios, I kind off have an advantage...

For months now, I've been writing down all the information I have about every obtainable pokemon in a notebook.

I have on my desk a note book with each pokemon's number, followed by the name (English if it is known, Japanese if it isn't), followed by type, physical description, where it is found in the game, and evolutionary information). The ink is eraseable, so it can easily be changed.

And, I have practically got it memorized, so when I need info on a pokemon, It only takes about a minute of skimming.

After those pokemon is a page devoted to each, with their movesets (although I still don't know what many moves do).

Also, being a freelance writer, I can type VERY fast.

So, I guess I have an advantage there.

- Venusaur

We have an advantage too - The internet.

I wonder what Jiraachi will translate into. So far I have no apparent clue. Jiratch sounds too wierd.

Banned

Um, Venusaur, when you write "Rezu~" is the correct spelling, you're wrong. The kana is for "ji" (that being "shi" with tenten) making it "ReJI~".

Now, if you're also going to say that the proper sound for the "ji" kana is "zi", then you have no understanding of the phonetics of the Japanese language. The "s" line is "Sa", "SHI", "Su", "Se", and "So", which, when tenten are added, become "Za", "JI", "Zu", "Ze", and "Zo". "Shi" does NOT become "Zi". It is a J sound, not a Z sound, hence it being written with a "J", not a "Z".

Also, the name is Rejirokku, not Rejirooku - "Rock" has a short vowel sound, as does "rokku"; "rooku" has a long vowel sound.

Originally posted by Cyber Dragon
    We have an advantage too - The internet.

I wonder what Jiraachi will translate into. So far I have no apparent clue. Jiratch sounds too wierd.
    ...hmm.

if jiraachi spins a lot, they could name it girachi or something. girare in italian is to spin, and chi is like... a personal pronoun or something. gira = he spins. he who spins!!! whoo i'm a genius.

...or not. but hey, they've used articuno, zapdos, and moltres before... okay, that's not italian. whatev. articuno, zapdue, moltre. ^_^;;

Originally posted by Oddish17
    Ugh. Those were posted at gamefaqs, and I clearly explained(several times) why they are fake. Conveniently, the person that posted those names chose to ignore me completely rather than prove me wrong. An obvious sign of him lying.
    Gamefaqs? Ugh. Nevermind...

I didn't even notice the name "Ugnaught"...I grew up a star wars geek if there ever was one. I even had an action figure of one of those guys.

That combined with the names that I pointed out myself as lame, I can see it was slapped together by someone who was merely putting a GREAT deal of effort into lying.

Banned

wow venusaur, you did all that? I admit I like this game but shesh you went through alot of troubles for this game. You must be a very devoted guy. Good for you.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

If we were a Pokemon? I laugh...

Anyway, aren't Rejiice, Rejisteel, and Rejirock the english names for those things?

The sun will rise...

That thread from GameFAQs was removed and the person who made them told us that they were fake

Banned

Originally posted by The Rusted One
    Um, Venusaur, when you write "Rezu~" is the correct spelling, you're wrong. The kana is for "ji" (that being "shi" with tenten) making it "ReJI~".

Now, if you're also going to say that the proper sound for the "ji" kana is "zi", then you have no understanding of the phonetics of the Japanese language. The "s" line is "Sa", "SHI", "Su", "Se", and "So", which, when tenten are added, become "Za", "JI", "Zu", "Ze", and "Zo". "Shi" does NOT become "Zi". It is a J sound, not a Z sound, hence it being written with a "J", not a "Z".

Also, the name is Rejirokku, not Rejirooku - "Rock" has a short vowel sound, as does "rokku"; "rooku" has a long vowel sound.
    Thanks, if you hadn't said it I would have.

Furthering the 'rooku'/'rokku' point, it needs to be said that with the double-k you pronounce it differently to a single-k.

Easy example: 'book-keeping'.
    Of course, 'roku' = 6.

EDIT: I'm very glad those names are fake - they're absolutely laughable.
    'I must collect all Chin Poko Mon and destroy the Evil Power Oooooohhhhhh! Go! SHOE!!!'

Banned

Anyway, aren't Rejiice, Rejisteel, and Rejirock the english names for those things?
    Yes, only difference is the "J"s are now "G"s

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Blast! I coulda lived with Skulltin and Gunkin...

The sun will rise...

Banned

The Rejis first name could be something logical, like "Meto". As in Metomorphic Rocks. Since the basic compounds of meteorites are: ICE, METAL (STEEL), and ROCK; the Rejis were once part of a meteorite that split apart on a crash-course towards Hoenn. It may not seem true, but if you see the main rock (Shrine) surrounded by smaller rocks; that could show that the Rejis really came from space.

Plus that, I came up with the "Rejis came from space" theory!

~Saturos~

Originally posted by SubSane
    Blast! I coulda lived with Skulltin and Gunkin...
    yeah... beauteel, sumongous, and mushboom were good. and there were others... canaerie, gemineye, cactot (one was named that, right?), and...uh...yeah.

but psyknight? skittyskat? goatse-vil? o_O even nintendo's not as desperate to make a pokemon with a name like "goat's evil"... right? ^_^

how are you supposed to pronounce Regice? Regirock i can stand. In fact, it's not bad, but Regice? I don't know how its pronounced, and when i pronoune it it sounds like Red-Ice, like an ice cream flavor.

Banned

The internet an advantage?

True; but only when you are near a computer; which you are allowed to use; that has a modem and subscibes to an online service; near an adaptable phone jack; where websites like these aren't locked out.

You must admit that you do not always have that luxury. Sometimes I meet friends at a public library, my college library, a resturant, or a Starbucks, or a juice bar, or a gym, or any sort of place that young singles like myself yang out. And lets not forget the NY Pokemon Center. And when we talk about the new games, the notebook is necessary, because at such places, there is no usable computer.

- Venusaur

Banned

I didn't Like the name hopplus for purasuru, but minare was good. I think their real names were Pulsative and Terminus...and that Jucain would Be Conitor.

PS- Can anyone see what my avatar is? this is just a test...

Conitor... It sounds like a medice. I like Forestroy. I think Forestrain would be cool too.

Originally posted by mudkip007
    how are you supposed to pronounce Regice? Regirock i can stand. In fact, it's not bad, but Regice? I don't know how its pronounced, and when i pronoune it it sounds like Red-Ice, like an ice cream flavor.
    Rej-ice. Though that just sounds like "rejoice"...

Banned

Forestroy is a perfect name for Jucain. Some ppl might argue the destroy part means destroying forests. No!, Forestroy means Jucain is forest related and he is capable of destroying other pokemon. Vicious pokemon name tread for starters......

BLASToise
    MEGAnium
    ForESTROY.,etc

Banned

Um, Totodilemew, I hate to tell you this, but...

Uh, maybe you should just look at the avatar for yourself.

- Venusaur

Banned

Umm... wasn't this list confirmed to be fake? I mean, its the same list posted by some user over at Gamefaqs, who admitted it was created to see how many people ould be fooled.
    There was a whole debate.

Josh - I said I wasn't sure, and they just said it was proved fake. Do read threads thoroughly before responding to them. I'd like them to lock this, or I'll just delete it myself if this board allows that.

Banned

Scythemantis - Yeah, I know you weren't sure, but from the posts I read, I felt that users were reacting as if this was confirmed.
    Oh well. No biggy!

And yes, it is annoying that there is no delete topic/post button.

Banned

There is one for "delete post" - click on the "edit" button for one of your posts, and then go to "delete".

Banned

Thanks!

Banned

Default I don't think their fake

After reading this tread I don't think these name are fake.

They sound like names that nintendo would make.

Heres some proof.

Some of the names are names subjested by people here but all the names are from the same thread but the one on the list are one that appered only on the first few pages. The name sound right they follow the trends of the older names.

I like all the names. Some of them could be better but I can live with them.

Psyknight is a cool name. Knights kick butt and santnio is cool looking.

Goatsevil is just weird. They could have done better.

Also what worng with gamefaqs? Just because it's from gamefaqs doesn't mean their fake. I am so confident that there are the real names i'd change the pokemon name the pokedex to these names.