Thread: Evolution of Metang

why wub woo Moderator

Default Evolution of Metang

I'm raising a Metang into a Metagross, but here's the dilemma: Metang learns three moves much, much sooner than Metagross. Is it possible to cancel his evolution and then once Metang has learnt all his moves, if I level him up again, will he evolve into Metagross or will that be far too late for evolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Metang evolves at Level 45, and tries to evolve every level after that. If you trained it to level 79, it would still try to evolve. It would try to evolve at level 99.

So yes, you can get it to learn these three moves and evolve it after that. Hope I helped

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Yeah, I had the same delima for my Metagross. I wanted to use it in the lvl 50 Battle Tower, but I wanted Meteor Mash too. So, I let him get to lvl 50, learn Meteor Mash, and then evolve into Metagross. So in answer to your question: Yes, he will evolve. It is also smart sometimes to wait.
    "OMG your shiny pokemon's hurting my eyes!!!"

I've got an idea, how about we draw straws, and the loser gets to run across the parking lot with ham sandwich!" - Steve (DOTD)

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Just don't wait too long. If you raise, say, a Charmander, all the way up to level 99 and don't let it evolve, it'll never be a Charizard, because there's only one level-up left for it. Pokémon can only evolve at a level-up except for Stone- and Trade-evolvers.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

And there might be other reasons not to evolve too late: Even if certain moves will be gained faster, you may also miss valuable moves. For example, if I'm not mistaken, Treecko learns both Mega and Giga drain. However, it misses Leaf blade and other useful moves. That's just one of all Pokemon that would miss moves, so be careful! Always try to check what moves a Pokemon learns in all of it's stages so you know when to evolve it.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Meh, no worries there. The Move Tutor in Fallabror Town will take your Heart Scales in exchange for reteaching them moves (like Leaf Blade...) that they missed or forgot. (excluding HM's and TM's!)

I've got an idea, how about we draw straws, and the loser gets to run across the parking lot with ham sandwich!" - Steve (DOTD)

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Yeah I know. I just discovered that you can steal Heart Scale from Luvdisc (that's another story... or another topic) so I guess I was wrong. Just need to whack my head a little, and then I'm happy again! :rolleyes2

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

No big deal man! We all forget little things like that!

On a seperate note, we all could use a good little whack to the head now and then! (Don't deny it, we ALL do!)