PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Green Question

Imthewalrus
23rd August 2004, 06:43 PM
When I get my game I want to trade for a torchic egg. Will this be possible?

andyizcool
23rd August 2004, 06:48 PM
You'll need to get the Ruby and Sapphire Plates in Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green first before you can trade with Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire using the Trading Machine on Knot Island.

Silent Dragonfly
24th August 2004, 04:13 AM
And that can't be done until you've beaten the Elite 4 for the first time. Basically, you can't trade with a Ruby/Sapphire or FireRed/LeafGreen that has done this mission until you've got the machine trade machine working. You can however trade to non completed FRLG games. The reason for this is that originally in RBY only the first 151 existed so I guess they wanted to keep it that way until you'd finished. That also means no Crobat, Blissey etc. until Oak gives you your new dex. Also Eevee will not eveolve to Espeon or Umbreon in FRLG at all, since there is no clock. To evolve to them, you must do it on RuSa since that has night and day based on the clock in your room (although it doesn't get dark)

Xenesis
24th August 2004, 04:58 AM
Actually I belive the Eons do evolve, but as you said there's no clock. It's belived to be random which one they evolve into IIRC. Kinda like the fact that Wurmple does not evolve depending on the time, it just seems to be random when you catch it.

andyizcool
24th August 2004, 07:02 AM
People have got Eevee to Level 100 on Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green and they were always questioning why it never evolving. So I think it needs to go back to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire to evolve during day or night. You could always have the Espeon and Umbreon off Pokemon Colosseum if you've been replaying that a lot but I doubt people have.

Orion
24th August 2004, 10:46 AM
Wurmple's Evolution depends on the Personality Value, a hidden value that manages Gender, Shinniness, and also the position of Spinda's spots. This means you pretty much have to catch Wurmples and evolve them until you get Silcoon and Cascoon. You can avoid this by catching the evolved forms at Petalburg Forest. No worries, they're much like Caterpie/Weedle, and won't learn any move through Breeding.

And well, Espeon/Umbreon can only be obtained in Colosseum or in RS. I think the Personality Value has some influence there too, but you can still get the one you want. I say this because I once got an Eevee at full happiness, waited for the night and evolved it. It evolved into Espeon at night... that's why I think the Personality value has some influence, much like Wurmple's, but you can get both, just by evolving in the other time of the day.

PKMN Master
24th August 2004, 01:26 PM
Wurmple's Evolution depends on the Personality Value, a hidden value that manages Gender, Shinniness, and also the position of Spinda's spots. This means you pretty much have to catch Wurmples and evolve them until you get Silcoon and Cascoon. You can avoid this by catching the evolved forms at Petalburg Forest. No worries, they're much like Caterpie/Weedle, and won't learn any move through Breeding.

And well, Espeon/Umbreon can only be obtained in Colosseum or in RS. I think the Personality Value has some influence there too, but you can still get the one you want. I say this because I once got an Eevee at full happiness, waited for the night and evolved it. It evolved into Espeon at night... that's why I think the Personality value has some influence, much like Wurmple's, but you can get both, just by evolving in the other time of the day.
Actually the time is set to be night at 12:00 pm... after that your eevee should evolve into umbreon until like 6 o'clock or so...

theniceguydk
24th August 2004, 01:36 PM
I have a question.
Lets say that you have a Leaf Green version and a Ruby version.
You have an egg (with a johto/hoenn pokémon in it) and want to trade it to your Leaf Green, which doesn't have the National Dex.

Will you be able to trade the egg to your FR/LG game?
If you can, will the egg hatch?

andyizcool
24th August 2004, 01:41 PM
I have a question.
Lets say that you have a Leaf Green version and a Ruby version.
You have an egg (with a johto/hoenn pokémon in it) and want to trade it to your Leaf Green, which doesn't have the National Dex.

Will you be able to trade the egg to your FR/LG game?
If you can, will the egg hatch?
It probably won't let you trade the Egg because the game knows what's inside it. I thought you needed 60+ Pokemon on Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green to get the National Pokedex to go to the Islands. Even then you'll need to get the Ruby and Sapphire Plates before you can start trading to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

Gagome
25th August 2004, 06:36 AM
No way of trading an Egg to FR/LG without beating the E4 and obtaining the National Dex.

I have tried to "cheat" and traded an Egg from my Ruby game to FR where I already have beaten the E4 and got the National Dex. Then I tried to trade this Egg from FR to LG where I haven't got the National Dex. Even though I could go into the trading room and saw the Egg from LG I couldn't trade it. I got some kind of error message when I selected the Egg for trading. I am not able to read and understand Japanese so I don't know what this message really meant. Maybe something like "trading not allowed" or whatever.

Without the Ruby and Sapphire Plates you are not even able to enter the trading room when you try to trade with R/S. You get an error message something like "the link timed out" on R/S right after the game is saved when the link between the games will be established.

Poryhedron
25th August 2004, 01:07 PM
There weren't any eggs in RBY, remember. I think Eggs count as post-RBY "species".

andyizcool
25th August 2004, 01:12 PM
Remember now in Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green they've put a Breeding Centre on Floe Island. So you can breed your Pokemon and get their Baby forms like Igglybuff for example.

Poryhedron
25th August 2004, 04:01 PM
Can you do that before you beat the Elite Four and get the National Dex?

andyizcool
25th August 2004, 04:13 PM
Can you do that before you beat the Elite Four and get the National Dex?
You can't go past Island 3 before the Elite 4 because after that wild Johto Pokemon start appearing in the wild and you wouldn't have the National Pokedex.

Gagome
26th August 2004, 04:05 AM
Andyizcool is correct but I would like to say it more detailed:
After you beat the E4 you have to go to Professor Oak and must have caught at least 60 (maybe even more?) Pokemon and he will give you the National Dex. Then you are able to go to the islands where the Breeding Center and some Johto Pokemon are.