PDA

View Full Version : Minun/Plusle breeding question

Lady Vulpix
24th August 2004, 11:43 AM
Hi, I don't have a GBA, so I need to ask someone who has a means to try this out: is it true that breeding two Minuns (or two Plusles) will result in a Plusle, while breeding a Minus and a Plusle will result in a Minun regardless of their gender? Or is it just a rumor?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers this.

*Murkrow
24th August 2004, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty certain it's a rumour, I tested both yesterday (and why do I get the feeling that it was for the same reason you need to know :P);

With a female Plusle and a male Minun, I was getting baby Plusle's, and with two Minun's, you got it, baby Minun's. So unless getting it involves having certain species as certain genders then I don't see how it could work. Or my Ruby could be messed up:-/ But somehow I don't think that's the reason (the messed up option).

Lady Vulpix
24th August 2004, 11:59 AM
I'm pretty certain it's a rumour, I tested both yesterday (and why do I get the feeling that it was for the same reason you need to know :P);Oh, I'm sure it is for the same reason. :D Thanks!

andyizcool
24th August 2004, 12:06 PM
I think they give the Female Species of the Pokemon you're breeding like with all normal breeding. So none of your games are messed up in any way. I did hear once somewhere that breeding one with the other or something gave a different one maybe this could be a rumor. I think this needs to be tested on a Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire game and results written down here so everyone can remember them for future use.

Chris 2.1
24th August 2004, 02:25 PM
It won't work like that. As similar as they are in appearence, Plusle and Minun are different species altogether.

rinku
24th August 2004, 06:55 PM
AFAIK only Volbeat/Illumise and the Nidorans can produce babies that are *not* the lowest evolution of the mother (or father with Ditto).

Rabid_Cow
24th August 2004, 07:54 PM
HA! I just got the math reference to this rumor. Wow. I'm an idiot.

+ X + = +
- X - = +
+ X - = -

He he he he. :lol: I think I'm the slowest person in the world. If anyone else didn't get it yet, just tell me. Please!

Lady Vulpix
25th August 2004, 12:18 PM
Well, I think the question has been answered. Thanks, everyone.