PDA

View Full Version : ~Poll~ Wtf did you say that for?

Zalika
25th August 2004, 05:51 PM
Hiya peeps! Time for another poll!

1.) How do you react when someone seriously offends you? Do you let it bother you for a long period of time?

2.) What's the thing that's offended you the most that you can remember?

3.) Do you forgive people who have upset you?

My answers...

1.) If it's bad enough, I'll literally punch them or yell until they are cowering in a corner. It only bothers me for a long period of time depending on the situation.

2.) Being asked if I was Jewish when everyone knows I hate them, people thinking I'm white, people thinking I'm a terrorist, and people accusing my religion (Ancient Egyptian) of being fake and stupid because it's "mythology". I hate people who say it is fake.

3.) No, I kick their ass and be done with it.

~Zalika :ingrams: :scared:

abunaidesu
25th August 2004, 06:17 PM
1.) How do you react when someone seriously offends you? Do you let it bother you for a long period of time?

1 - uh it depends.
2 - *shrug*
3 - no

phaedrus
25th August 2004, 06:37 PM
1. No.
2. Unable to remember.
3. Mostly.

PS100
25th August 2004, 06:51 PM
1) Why would I let myself be bothered? Anybody who says something to try and bug me gets hit with a 16 ton block of sarcasm.

2) Dunno.

3) Usually I forget about it by the next day... :sweat4: I get met with so many comments about this and that, that I don't even notice half the time.

PS

FireBlast
25th August 2004, 09:11 PM
1. I don't remember a case where someone actually offended me. There have been many times though where someone I know annoyed me, in that kind of case I just kick them in the nuts since I am such a badass :cool:

2. N/A. Yeah Jews suck.

3. Probably... I wouldn't let them upset me unless they were my friends... Since I don't really give a shit about what other people think so I wouldn't really listen to them, thus not get annoyed.

Toxicity
25th August 2004, 10:31 PM

1. If I can and get away with it, throw my palm right up their nose(good thing I take TaeKwonDo). If I can't throw my palm in their face, I'll cower in a corner and cry miserably. Depends on how cruel it is how long it lingers with me.

2. People thinking I'm crazy because I'm nothing like the kids my age, being called a whiney little b*tch and told to go and cut myself, and a few other things.

3. Most of the time. If it's something like the second thing, no.

cd
26th August 2004, 03:32 AM
1. sure it bothers me. although i rarely get offended by anything. if i do i probably would walk away and be the bigger man or do something crazy. i don't hang on things like that though.
2. i can't.
3. maybe. probably not.

[McGraw]
26th August 2004, 05:40 AM
I have a high tolerance threshold - life's too short to dwell over such trivial matters.

I am rarely offended, I don't take things to heart. I'll edit this post if I can recall anything recent...

Usually.

kainashi
27th August 2004, 12:42 AM
1.) most of the time, i don't let it bother me. usually depends on what they say.

2.) *shrug*

3.) sometimes i do, sometimes i don't. :)

Zak
29th August 2004, 03:05 PM
Zalika, you are open to your opinion, but while you may enjoy flashing your "freedom of speech" badge, you're open to say YOU believe in your religion, but "They aren't fake, people who think that are wrong" is just taking it a little too far.

1. I just ignore them as usual.

2. Mm... most, I'm not sure. From what I recall, well... as of what I'm willing to share, probably being suspended for saying the word "orgy" and being overheard by a staff member, when half the girls who went to that school talk about their sex lives in their free time, while there are staff members in the room. Meh, talk about sexism.

3. I don't usually hold grudges, but I might in some cases. Sometimes, I'd only forgive if they went as far as to make a public apology, which may give them public humiliation to get even, but sometimes for good purposes.

~Zak

Crystal Mew
30th August 2004, 08:42 PM
1. if it was said online, I rarely take that crap seriously. but irl...no one really says anything that hurtful to me, and rarely do I get offended. my family offends me the most.

2. probably when people say 'oh, God isn't real' yeah I have a hard time showing it, but that truely does bother me :no:

3. I forgive them, because thats the right thing to do :)

Katie
30th August 2004, 09:37 PM
1. How do you react when someone seriously offends you? Do you let it bother you for a long period of time?
it takes a lot to truely offend me, and if it does I just don't speak to them for a day or something. but for the most part I just shrug it off.

2. What's the thing that's offended you the most that you can remember?
hmmm, it's not the things that people say, but the way they say it. I get called a bitch 24/7 but if they say it in a certain way... lol

if they just do one thing then yeah I forgive them pretty fast, but if they're a constant douchebag I pretty much never get over it.

~Katie

DarkTemplarZ
30th August 2004, 11:10 PM
1) I get angry and take it out verbally, but I get over it really quick.

2) Overly religious people who take it upon themselves to stuff their ideals down other people's throats definitely get on my nerves.

3) I forgive and forget really quickly, I've never held a grudge for more than a couple days really.

Jay
1st September 2004, 12:18 AM
1. shrug it off and get on with life
2. uh probably a death threat from a person i knew in real life, and even then it was pretty funny as they said it to me on the internet. i haven't received many insults
3. not right away