PDA

View Full Version : Pokèmon 7......NOT TIL THE END OF 2005?!

Rocketboy
25th August 2004, 06:07 PM
Well, the evil Miramax strikes again that they laid of 65 employees, putting their products on Hiatus until the end of 2005. I know that's Pokèmon's anticapated year, but the end of that year?

Chris 2.1
25th August 2004, 06:16 PM
:O That's awful! I'm not sure when we get the new episodes in the U.K, I hope they don't wait that long though.

How can they call 2005 Pokemon's anticipated year if some anime-based fans simply let Pokemon go during the time until Season 7 starts? I think many anime-only fans would just give up on Pokemon.

Thy
25th August 2004, 06:29 PM
I thought Miramax only got 4,5, and 6. I think WB holds the 7th. Even so, I don't know why 65 people would put a company as big as Miramax on hiatus until the end of O5. Where did you hear about this by the way?

Zhen Lin
25th August 2004, 07:48 PM
Well, if 4Kids laid off 65 employees, it would be effectively dead.

The question is, what kind of employees? Management? Finance? Marketing?

In any case, any company that doesn't think of Pokemon fans as a tiny market would be a welcome change... Perhaps any one of the ones that airs the TV series?

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th August 2004, 07:58 PM
Yeah, but 4Kids isn't nearly as big as Miramax.

Hanada Tattsu
26th August 2004, 01:23 PM
Ridiculous. So Miramax's corrupt ideologies are back on the market again. And it does depend on what kind of employees these 65 people are. If 65 animators or special effects people are laid off, then work will indeed take longer.

Light_Togetic
26th August 2004, 02:18 PM
Ugh... really, compared to making an actual live-action movie, producing a Pokemon movie can't possibly be as taxing; can it? I mean, come on... Maybe all of us over 18 on these boards can just join together and produce the movie for them. Hey, if there's enough of us, we might even outnumber 4Kids! =P

Kojiro
26th August 2004, 05:38 PM
Have you ever heard of F.E.T? It's a group of fans who dubbed the whole 50 minute Digimon Movie 6. It only took them 5 months so it should take a "Professional" company longer.

I Also heard that it was gonna be in theaters, but its just a rumor.

Hanada Tattsu
26th August 2004, 06:47 PM
Well, of course, 5 devoted people is better than 10 undevoted people. That's really life - hopefully Pokemon fans could do that.

Crystal Mew
28th August 2004, 07:31 PM
Good grief, by then I'll be out of high school, and I'll be...19 :eek: IMO, they never should have given miramax the rights for anything dealing with pokemon :rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
28th August 2004, 08:12 PM
LOL, I know. I will be 15 and going into 11th grade. :O

I agree, but let's not go through that again. -_-;