PDA

View Full Version : Question About Mandarin Island Miss Match

PAK Man
26th August 2004, 03:25 PM
The other day, I was thinking about Jynx, and how it's essentially banned in America. I was thinking about how the old episodes that have Jynx in them now probably have to be edited. That's when I realized that Prima had a Jynx in The Mandarin Island Miss Match, and it defeated Team Rocket at the end of the episode. My question is, when that episode aired on Cartoon Network, if it did (I don't watch the episodes on Cartoon Network) what did they do with that scene? I imagine it would be pretty hard to delete that scene.

Chris 2.1
26th August 2004, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure, but I'd assume that they'd either simply show the episode (I don't think Jynx is officially banned - many believe the reason that the Ice Cave episode was banned was that TR purposely gave Brock the flu - relating to the had-been-current SARS situation), or else not air that one at all, and simply air the episodes around TMIMM instead.

I'm interested to know, actually.

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th August 2004, 07:51 PM
They showed that episode on WB a few months ago during Best Battles Week, Jynx scene intact. And she wasn't touched up, either--still black.

I think it was their way of thumbing their noses at people. After all, not only does it have Jynx, it's also got Prima and her enormous...tracts of land.