PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat thingys...

Silver Ledian
26th August 2004, 08:08 PM
Hi :)

I was just wondering in what order the Mortal Kombat games were released. I know some of them have numbers after them but there are some that don't, so it'd be cool to see in what order they were released. So if anyone knows that I'd be really greatful. I was just browsing yesterday and saw Deadly Alliance for the GameCube so I'm thinking of getting it, despite it having been out for a long time already (not that that makes it really unattractive to but or anything). And just as a random little poll thingy:

If you've played any of the games, which characters do you like and why?

I've only played MK Trilogy and MK4, the latter which I didn't really like. In MK Trilogy though I liked using Kitana because her fans just looked really good. I also used Sub-Zero a lot because I thought his ice techniques were pretty good and handy (the masked Sub-Zero that is).

PNT510
26th August 2004, 08:24 PM
The Mortal Kombat games releases go like this. Mortal Kombat, MK2, MK3. Then I think MK trilogy(all the games put together plus some other characters for PS1) and Ultimate MK3(MK3 with more characters for SNES) came out at the same time. Then Mortal Kombat 4 came out, which was the last MK game to be made for arcade and the first 3D game in the series. Next came Mortal Kombat Gold for Dreamcast which I belive was MK4, maybe with some extra character/stages. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance came out in 2002. It's a pretty decent fighter, but it's outshined by games like Soul Calibur 2. I'd say this is worth the $20 it costs now for the unlockables. Things like Concept Art, old posters, comics, and a funny as hell video called cooking with scorpian. Also in the next couple of months a new MK game is coming out for PS2 and Xbox. I think its called Mortal Kombat: Deception. It will also come out on GCN sometime next year.

Adz44
27th August 2004, 09:35 AM
My favourite character is Rayden, without a doubt. It's his electric attacks and teleportation that does it for me. He also looks cool with electricity constantly buzzing around him. I also like Mr. "Come here!" a.k.a. Scorpion.

Yoh Asakura
27th August 2004, 12:34 PM
I prefer his "Get Over Here!" =P

My characts are Cyrax, Reptile, Sub-Zero & Scorpy =] Gotta love Cyrax's blades.

I dislike on MK: DA if you use 2 freeze attacks you freeze yourself =\

Rudoku
27th August 2004, 12:54 PM
I dislike on MK: DA if you use 2 freeze attacks you freeze yourself =\
That happens on every MK game since the first one.

Gengachu
27th August 2004, 03:17 PM
I've played primarily Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis, but a little bit of the others. My favorite characters are Raiden, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion. Mostly, because I suck with everyone else.

Yoh Asakura
27th August 2004, 03:40 PM
That happens on every MK game since the first one.

It does? o0; wow, you learn something new everyday.

Adz44
27th August 2004, 04:29 PM
Yeah, Cyrax is a good character. That green net is always good... lol I like the noises that the cyborgs make when they're hit, too.

Silver Ledian
27th August 2004, 05:46 PM
Hey, I went into town today and really luckily I found MK:DA for just £20.00 . Last time I was in town they had really few GC games at all but I was really happy and surprised to find it. Anyway, I'm playing it at the minute and was just wondering if there's an easy way of unlocking the first couple of characters without having to do anything too difficult e.g. can I unlock anyone by just clocking it once with someone?

Yoh Asakura
27th August 2004, 06:09 PM
Win some Koins and unlock them in the Krypt.

PNT510
27th August 2004, 06:13 PM
Here goes how to unlock all the characters. Credit goes to SiN $tealer from GameFAQs. (www.gamefaqs.com)

Blaze: PN - 684 Onyx Koins (You must finish Konquest to unlock him. To
select him, highlight Raiden and press Down and Start)

Cyrax: CN - 3003 Platinum Koins

Drahmin: UR - 6500 Sapphire Koins

Frost: IV - 208 Ruby Koins

Hsu Hao: MW - 3317 Jade Koins

Jax Briggs: SA - 3780 Ruby Koins

Kitana: KI - 2931 Sapphire Koins

Mokap: YP - 511 Gold Koins (You must finish Konquest to unlock him. To
select him, highlight Cyrax and press Down and Start)

Nitara: TI - 4022 Gold Koins

Raiden: XG - 3116 Jade Koins

Reptile: LL - 3822 Gold Koins

Craig
30th August 2004, 02:45 AM
I always was a bitch in mortal kombat and went invisible when I was reptile. Everyone hated it, but it was awesome.