PDA

View Full Version : Double the Master Ball in Pokemon Colosseum

andyizcool
27th August 2004, 01:28 PM
Some useful information I found while playing Pokemon Colosseum even though I hate it. When you get the Master Ball you can use it more than once so you can easily catch the last few Pokemon on Pokemon Colosseum.

1st Pokemon Move: Use Master Ball on Shadow Pokemon.
2nd Pokemon Move: Swicth the Master Ball around with another Pokeball.

Doing this will use the Master Ball and you'll still have another one for later. Also when you do this no Pokeballs will be used so it's a very useful glitch. Hope that helps some of you people who wonder what to use the Master Ball on. Metagross, Tyranitar, or both? ;)

Ultimate Pikachu
27th August 2004, 02:29 PM
I thought you could only use the Snag machine once a turn.

andyizcool
27th August 2004, 02:36 PM
You're right there so let me explain a bit more. The second Pokemon's turn you're just switching the Master Ball around with another Pokeball then make that Pokemon attack or something.

Carbonite4
27th August 2004, 04:31 PM

This is true, but the Snag Machine has no relevance in this.

Nall
27th August 2004, 04:51 PM
It's not just doubling; you can use it as many times as you want and it'll never stop working.

Hooray glitches.

Poryhedron
27th August 2004, 05:36 PM
Does this work with any ball? Like, even before you get the Master Ball, could you use inifinite Ultra Balls or whatever by continually selecting them and then switching them with basic Pokéballs? That woulda helped when I went up against Dakim's Entei...stupid Shadow Rush being an infinite-PP recoil move...

andyizcool
27th August 2004, 06:09 PM
Does this work with any ball? Like, even before you get the Master Ball, could you use inifinite Ultra Balls or whatever by continually selecting them and then switching them with basic Pokéballs? That woulda helped when I went up against Dakim's Entei...stupid Shadow Rush being an infinite-PP recoil move...
Yep, I think this glitch works on all Pokeballs just because Nintendo didn't test the 2v2 Item Sytem. The funny thing is it uses none of the Pokeballs you switch around so really you're getting a free Pokeball being used. I just said it for Master Ball to begin with because that never fails unless you're trying to snag a non Shadow Pokemon. Another thing is you get the Master Ball in Realgam Tower so you could snag the Legendary Beasts at The Under Colosseum using the Master Ball if you don't snag them before that.

Xenesis
27th August 2004, 10:09 PM
Yeah, that trick is cool, and the Gamefaqs Colosseum community has known it for a while. It's great, because you save hundreds over the course of the game not having to buy pokeballs of various sorts.

Poryhedron
27th August 2004, 10:16 PM
There's a carpe with this, though. It's a good idea to carry more than one of a ball other than the Master Ball even if you're going to duplicate it, because you can't use this trick if the opponent gets you down to one conscious pokémon. Venus did that to me in the Under vid station. Shame, because I had Net Balls to use against her Suicune.

Xenesis
28th August 2004, 06:48 AM
But, with all the money you save, you can afford a squillion more revives at any time. ^_^

Powarun
29th August 2004, 11:10 PM
Ah, so another way to get more Luxury balls to. Thank you for the cheat, oh and you can not only not waste anymore money on pokeballs but make some by duplicating.

Xenesis
30th August 2004, 06:52 AM
It doesn't make more, but allows you unlimited uses inside Pokemon Colosseum single player. You aren't going to start with one master ball and end up with 10, you'll just have an infinite use masterball.

SWAMPERT1
30th August 2004, 03:08 PM
Does it really work though? Also, can I switch around a set of 5 pokeballs with one master ball or do I need one Masterball and one Pokeball?

andyizcool
30th August 2004, 03:23 PM
Does it really work though? Also, can I switch around a set of 5 pokeballs with one master ball or do I need one Masterball and one Pokeball?
It does work because I've tested it many times now. You need at least 2 different Pokeballs because switching them around will allow you to use one without it disappearing. The Master Ball is the best Pokeball to use this glitch on because it always captures Shadow Pokemon.

Poryhedron
30th August 2004, 05:00 PM
To actually answer the question, no, it doesn't matter how many balls of each type you have. I used the trick with 9 Ultra Balls and 2 Net Balls for a while.

Ultimate Pikachu
3rd September 2004, 10:01 PM
So, you have one select Master Ball, then go back and make it do something else. Then the other selects any Poké Ball, and it works like a Master Ball? Is that how it goes?

Xenesis
3rd September 2004, 10:46 PM
Almost. First pokemon, you tell the game to throw a masterball. The second turn, you go the items screen and using X/Y switch the postion of the masterball in the list with another pokeball. Then go do any other action, attack, use a potion, call, whatever.

What will happen is that you will throw the masterball, but the game can't reduce the number of masterballs because it isn't in the location you used it in, so you remain with a masterball. Hence, you have UNLIMITED uses of it.

Sceptile_Master
18th October 2004, 10:27 AM
Friend: OMG. How have you got so many pokemon on colluseum in master balls without cheating.

Me: <_< >_> *jumps out window*

PS: this didn't actually happen LOL

Well keeping on topic, can you do it with other items other than pokeballs.

andyizcool
18th October 2004, 10:42 AM
Well keeping on topic, can you do it with other items other than pokeballs.
I think so because this was a glitch in 2v2 Battles on Pokemon Colosseum when using Items.

Poryhedron
18th October 2004, 03:32 PM
Actually, in order for this trick to work the item has to be used after you've already input your commands. This works for pokéballs, but potions and such get used as soon as you choose to do so. The item has already been used up by the time you could switch their positions.

Sceptile_Master
19th October 2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks. You always think logically don't you pory.

Thunderchu
23rd October 2004, 06:28 PM
cool, I'm gonna try it tomorrow! ^_^ (if I have the Masterball that is...:p)