PDA

View Full Version : ~Poll~ do u like 2 use net lang?

Zalika
27th August 2004, 11:05 PM
There's a couple questions, actually. I decided to post on one of the most annoying internet problems...

1.) Just as the title says, do you use net talk on instant messenger/email/etc? Such as '2' for 'to' and 'u' for 'you'?

2.) Does it annoy you, or do you not care?

3.) Have you ever talked to a person on IM who had such bad grammar you'd swear they were from outer space?

4.) Has a person using it said something that you totally took the wrong way?

~ ~ ~

1.) I hate it! I never use it! When people use it, it confuses me, and I end up yelling at them to type right. :mad2:

2.) Yes, it annoys the hell out of me. It makes me laugh that people can't type correctly either. So stupid! :lol:

3.) Yes, two horrible ones: Muhammad who couldn't speak Arabic or English and Sultan, 'slutan', who was a man-whore and would try typing a sentence with f*ck for every other word.

4.) Yes, like when roleplaying on MSN, my ex said "Can I cum next 2 u?" and I totally thought of something other than what he meant.... :-_-:

~Zalika :ingrams: :scared:

abunaidesu
27th August 2004, 11:06 PM
1.) Just as the title says, do you use net talk on instant messenger/email/etc? Such as '2' for 'to' and 'u' for 'you'?

3.) Have you ever talked to a person on IM who had such bad grammar you'd swear they were from outer space?

1 - no
2 - i dont care, as long as i understand the other person
3 - no, i just calle dthem a fag and blocked them
4 - no

Jay
27th August 2004, 11:13 PM
sarcasm is the lowest form of whit

1. no
2. yes
3. yes
4. no

mr_pikachu
28th August 2004, 12:16 AM
Heck no. The only time I do that is when I'm in a hurry during internet chess games and I say "gl2u" at the beginning, and "gg" at the end.

I'd rather they use regular language, but as long as I can understand it, I don't have too much of a problem with it.

Thankfully, no. Of course, I haven't talked to many people on AIM... just fanfic writers. And they usually have at least decent grammatical skills. :yes:

Not really, no.

And Zalika, I'm really, really surprised that the word you mentioned wasn't caught by the censor. I once tried to show someone in a fanfic slurring his words, and typed that in place of "come" without even thinking about what it meant. It was censored, so I had to go back and change it to the regular word. Odd that they took something of that nature off...

EDIT: I was tired last night, and spelled "censor" wrong... :lol:

Pichu
28th August 2004, 01:23 AM
1.) I don't use '2' as 'too' ... but I think I do, well sort of. o0;

2.) I don't care.

3.) Yes.

4.) Nope.

cd
28th August 2004, 01:42 AM
1. no i do not use net talk
2. yes it annoys me
3. no
4. no

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
28th August 2004, 02:43 AM

1.) No, I find it retarded.

2.) I don't care about it much, life's too short to worry about such minor things.

3.) No, I can alwasy understand what people say even if their grammar is horrible - unless they use words that are altogether unknown to me.

4.) Nope, can't remember that ever happened.

Agent Elrond
28th August 2004, 09:06 AM

No, I don't even have IM, so there. :P But occaisionally I'll use btw, or lol, and tho, but only in moderation and then when I'm in a hurry --- or to tired to type proper.

It annoys me while I read it, and then I forget it.

I've talked to some people in person who I could swear they were from outer space, but it wasn't because they had bad grammar.

Usually it's vice-versa. But there have been one or two incidents. :wave:

kainashi
28th August 2004, 09:08 AM
1.) no, i am not that lazy.

2.) yes, it annoys me.

3.) sure, i guess.

4.) not that i remember.

Yoh Asakura
28th August 2004, 09:10 AM
1.) Do you use net talk on instant messenger/email/etc?

1) No, only morons do.
2) I usually ignore people who do it.
3) Several.
4) *Shrugs*

phaedrus
28th August 2004, 11:54 AM
No, no, yes, yes.

DarkPsychicCharizard
28th August 2004, 04:09 PM
1.) No, I do not.

2.) It annoys me a bit. I think the people who use net speak are painfully lazy. Is it really so hard to write 'you' and 'to'?

3.) Thankfully, no. Everyone I talk to on AIM talk like normal people.

4.) No.

Syberia
28th August 2004, 07:43 PM
1) I've found myself using it more and more because of online games where if you take the time to type out everything nice and proper, someone will come along and kill you. I guess it's just sort of carried over to the way I talk in IM.

2) Doesn't matter to me, as long as I can understand what they're saying.

3) It's hardly ever so bad that I can't understand what they're saying, so no not really.

4) Not that I can remember.

Gengachu
28th August 2004, 09:00 PM

Nope. Never have.

It annoys me a bit, but I can put up with it. I don't understand why people use it, though. Does it really take that much longer to type it out?

No.

Nope.

Carbonite4
28th August 2004, 09:41 PM

No.

It annoys the hell out of me. I take it as a sign of lower intelligence.

Yes. I told them to never touch a computer again and if they did to bite the power cord. It tastes like spaghetti.

I can't recall, but I'm sure they have. I have misinterperated what people have said before because they're too stupid to type things out normally.

FireBlast
29th August 2004, 03:01 AM
1. No.
2. Don't care.
3. I don't like speaking to random people.
4. See above.

Aipom Of Doom
29th August 2004, 09:40 PM
1. No, I avoid that at all costs.
2. In moderation, it's not too bad, but it starts getting annoying when every other word is spelled improperly, or if the spelling is so bad that it's hard to tell what they mean.
3. Well, just the ones that come into ummmm... Of course, everyone there nitpicks their spelling (or lack thereof) and pisses them off :).
4. Not really... Well, some of the stuff is just so bad I can't make any sense of it whatsoever.

Chikoo
29th August 2004, 10:14 PM
I don't use it much, just the basics. Dunno, btw, lol, and an occantional !pokemon.

Both. At first I don't care, but the it gets really annoying.

Conversations on myself. :lol:

4.) Has a person using it said something that you totally took the wrong way?Huh?

Linc
30th August 2004, 08:26 AM

1) No
2) I hate it! Everyone who uses it must die *stabs brother with a rusty dagger*
3) Yes, one of my friends talk like that all the time. *pulls rusty dagger out of brother and stabs friend*
4) No.

Chris
30th August 2004, 02:13 PM
"net lang" annoys me greatly, apart from the SA acronyms. I can often be found typing gb2fyad, gb2gbs, e;fb and so on. The only time I use "lol" etc is when I'm being sarcastic.

It pisses me off. It shows laziness and ignorance.

Occasionally I go out of my way to piss those people off in return. 8)

Not that I remember.

Toxicity
30th August 2004, 04:09 PM

1. No. It's just annoying and I'm not one of those idiots who act like kindergarteners all the time.

2. It really pisses me off when it is used excessively, but I can tolerate a slight bit.

3. As far as I remember: One. She was one of those immature people who consider themselves a "goth", and I couldn't stand the way she typed.

4. Currently can't remember.

youdontknowme
30th August 2004, 04:53 PM

1. No.
2. No, unless it gets to the point where I can't read anything they're saying.
3. Yes.
4. No.