PDA

View Full Version : Jump for Joy!

Water Pokemon Master
28th August 2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I didn't know it was on today and caught the last 5 minutes of it. I figured it was the episode since it had Nurse Joy, a sick Nuzleaf, and a Shiftry. Guess I will have to watch it next Friday AFTER SCHOOL. :( :( :(

From what I saw, I give it a 10/10. :D

EDIT: A SECOND NEW EPISODE IS ON TODAY!!!! TURN ON YOUR TV'S NOW SO YOU DON'T MISS IT!!!!

Boy, Kids' WB really tells you when they are having new episodes. -_-

Shuppet Master
28th August 2004, 09:06 PM
Go to Kids' WB's official website. It is accurate in telling you when episodes are on. By the way,two new episodes will be on next week. You've been warned. ;)

The episode? I really enjoyed it. I noticed that they didn't have the narrator talking in the pre-title part,in fact it didn't center on Ash,but gave a sort of a foreshadowing of what is going to happen(so did the next episode).

The whole Nurse Joy mystery was pretty cool. I've heard hints of his episode for days when it came out in Japan,and now it's dubbed and I saw it,it was awesome. I've made an effort never to spoil myself with summaries again (especially after that Johto League mess) and it's great. Shiftry is one of the coolest grass-type Pokemon out there,and this whole thing was great. :D It also had Nuzleaf and that's another of my favorite Pokemon. :)

Gnight
29th August 2004, 06:43 AM
This is gotta be one of the biggest pokemon goofs ever. Everybody said what was sleep powder was stun spore :-_-:

AKA Pokemon Fan
29th August 2004, 09:15 PM
Ah, the the better of the two episodes in my opinion, it was called "Jump for Joy" but should have been "Crouching Shiftry, Hidden Treeko" (hey, it makes more sense than "Jump for Joy"). It featured such gems as:

An absolutely awesome battle. The way they animated Treeko and, in particular, Shiftry's movements was very well done. They played well off of how Shiftry is based off mythological Japanese forest demons and the one in this episode was one of the most skilled and brutal battlers we've seen in a while. One thing that is made clear is that Bullet Seed may be awful in the games but is devestating in the anime.

James and his rose returns again!

Wobbuffet takes James' rose and briefly becomes lord of the dance! Truly one of his more hilarious appearences. :lol:

Ash making a snide remark about Brock's "girly scream" when Shiftry was carrying him. A surprisingly non-corny jab from him. ;)

Brock going insane with rage several times as he screams out how he'll rescue Joy.

Giovanni nightcap! :lol:

James: Next thing you know they'll be copying our uniforms!"
Meowth: "They won't copy mine!"
:oh:

James: "But we didn't do anything bad yet!"
Meowth: "There's no justice."

Pewter City Geodude
30th August 2004, 01:03 PM
You forgot this one:

Jessie: "Is that what I think it is?"
James: "Could be...but I don't know what you're thinking...and I don't know what it is!"

:lol:

Light_Togetic
30th August 2004, 01:18 PM
I expected this episode to be another 'sick wild pokemon needs help' thing. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had its own unique and fun flavor. ^-^

Ash's 'girly Brock scream' joke was a surprising jab from him. More like something he would have said to Misty. But of course, he made it obvious that it was just a fun joke at Brock, and nothing mean.

James and his rose I agree! James just isn't James without the rose.

I was a bit confused about why they were so accusitory against Shiftry. I mean, it must have some reason for kidnapping Joy; but instead of handling it with care, they just jumped in and battled. Oh well, maybe they just find Shiftry evil-looking?

Anyway, a nice episode, and a 9/10.