PDA

View Full Version : A Different Kind of Misty!

Water Pokemon Master
28th August 2004, 01:17 PM
I liked this episode. Plusle and Minun were cool, but Eric Stuart needs to stop doing every minor character's voice.

I give it a 9.345826184957/10.

Shuppet Master
28th August 2004, 09:09 PM
I really enjoyed the episode. The legend of the Light Stone was just cool,and how Ash got confused for the legendary hero who brought the Light Stone to the people of the village was neat. In the end,the boy used his Plusle and Minun to full effect.

I've been dying to see an episode with Plusle/Minun,and I got it. Of course,they pronounced Minun as "my-noon" and not "mee-nun" as I had. Oh meh. :what:

Water Pokemon Master
28th August 2004, 09:25 PM
I thought it was "My-nun."

AKA Pokemon Fan
29th August 2004, 09:10 PM
Though I liked "Jump for Joy" more, "A different kind of Misty," had some little charms, including:

Ash gaining a loyal disciple (or "understudy" as the narrator put it), and not hamming it up. Ash's humility really should be admired, a few years ago he would have acted quite different.

A hilarious encounter between TR and the Twerps when TR happen to float right past them in the fog.

A pathetically weak Magnemite that gets knocked unconscious from one Quick Attack and later on by simply being grabbed by TR mecha. Jesse: "Guess we don't need Magnemite, I don't like it anyway."

Hilarious instructions from Ash on "how to be a hero."

A hilarious motto from TR where James ends up slamming Wobbuffet (and sitting on him) and Jesse bashes Meowth both times the Pokemon attempt to add their lines. Although, actually that may have been from the previous episode, I can't recall as TR had lots of appearences and near-mottos.

Question: How can the Light Stone provide much continual light when it seemed like most jolts made it light up for only a few seconds? They never addressed it, but I guess there must be a way to keep the light going longer in the lighthouse.

Brock: "Look at us! Do we look like criminals?"
Lady: "Yes!"

Brock: "Oh, it was nothing."
May: "Of course it was nothing, you didn't do anything."

Pikachu (translated by Meowth): "It isn't over till it's over!"

Boy: "Your followers can come in too."
Brock, Max and May: "Followers?"
Though really if you think about it, that is basically what Max, May and Brock are.

GoldenDragonite
29th August 2004, 10:06 PM
It was an okay episode.. nothing great
Plusle and Minun were cute
For some reason.. I always thought it was "Puls-ee" no idea why

Pewter City Geodude
30th August 2004, 01:06 PM
Puls-ee? Gimme a break, it's clearly Plus + le.

And Minun comes from the word minus, so it'd obviously be pronounced "my-nun".

Light_Togetic
30th August 2004, 01:25 PM
There's always so much confusion with Pokemon pronunciation. I think they should just include a Pokemon Dictionary with every new game. >_< Although, luckily for me, I had Plusle and Minun right.

Plusle and Minun are some of my favorite Ru/Sa pokemon, and I'm so glad they kept the original voices of them! (And if I'm wrong, then 4Kids was being out of character in that episode, because they were good!).

It was an interesting twist that Ash was not the 'legendary hero' for once, but just mistaken as him.

Maybe the light stone just likes Magnemite better and that's why it stays lit longer? Who knows? =P

All in all though, I liked this episode about as much as the last. A 9/10.

Pewter City Geodude
30th August 2004, 09:57 PM
My guess is the light stone has to be in position in the lighthouse to stay lit longer.

AKA Pokemon Fan
31st August 2004, 07:09 PM
It was an interesting twist that Ash was not the 'legendary hero' for once, but just mistaken as him.9/10.
I wouldn't say that. Ash fulfilled all the criteria for the legendary hero, and those prophecy tablets can just as easily refer to someone like the original legendary hero returning as anything else. In any event, it was left open-ended as to whether or not Ash was connected to that legend. Ash, being humble, saw no reason to believe he was some legendary hero, and regardless, Thatcher decided Ash was definately a hero, even if he wasn't the legendary one mentioned in the writing. ;)