PDA

View Full Version : Whats REALLY happining with the English Bans

SWAMPERT1
28th August 2004, 09:08 PM
Well I have just got information that the first 10 cards in the Jpn ban list will NEVER make it to the English game. These cards are the following

~Yata
~Cyber Jar
~Fiber Jar
~Injection Fairy Lily

~Raigeki
~Change of Heart
~Painful Choice
~Harpies Feather Duster
~Delinquent Duo

~Imperial Order

Instead we will jump right into the new jpn ban list that, in japan, starts september 1st.

These cards are the following.

~CED (Damnit, just got one and started making a chaos deck. Now THIS happens. But trust me, its for the best.)
~Yata (For the best also)
~Sangan
~Witch of the Black Forest
~Duo

~Raigeki
~Dark Hole
~Monster Reborn
~Graceful Charity
~United We Stand
~Feather Duster

~Mirror Force
~Imperial Order

So in conclusion, stop planing decks for ban list #1.

mr_pikachu
28th August 2004, 10:48 PM
That first part doesn't seem to make sense. Heck, I have a Harpie's Feather Duster as a promo from a game! Are you talking about the ones exclusively from that set, or are the promo versions included? Because the promo ones have most definitely made it into the English versions. :confused:

Orion
28th August 2004, 10:55 PM
If you play in Tournaments, make a Deck for Pre-Ban and Post-Ban, as there'll be Tourneys for both, depending on the format your store chooses (Regionals and Worlds are likely to be done with Ban List, but I dunno...).

Yep, USA will use the second Ban List... oh well. If you play Casual, and the players around are willing to make Post-Ban Decks, apply the Ban List to your Decks. If they won't stick with your broken cards, unless you want to have less of a chance...

And mr_pikachu, Bans apply for ALL the cards in the list be Booster, Starter Decks or Promos. Anyway, as I mentioned before, don't worry if anyone is planning on playing Post-Ban... it's just not worth it.

SWAMPERT1
28th August 2004, 11:20 PM
I said for Ban #1 not #2.

Yoh Asakura
29th August 2004, 07:32 AM
AHAHA! Stuck in the same boat as us Japanese players x] how awesome.

SWAMPERT1
29th August 2004, 12:14 PM
Yah, but I like the ban idea.

Yoh Asakura
29th August 2004, 12:31 PM
I've always liked it.

Reality
29th August 2004, 01:50 PM
Wait....so let me get this straight.....which cards are being banned for the english game? I'm very confused with that post swampy lolz. Please clear it up for me.

Yoh Asakura
29th August 2004, 02:19 PM
Instead we will jump right into the new jpn ban list that, in japan, starts september 1st.

These cards are the following.

~CED (Damnit, just got one and started making a chaos deck. Now THIS happens. But trust me, its for the best.)
~Yata (For the best also)
~Sangan
~Witch of the Black Forest
~Duo

~Raigeki
~Dark Hole
~Monster Reborn
~Graceful Charity
~United We Stand
~Feather Duster

~Mirror Force
~Imperial Order

That clear it up?

Dark-San
31st August 2004, 09:44 AM
It is good that ya guys are adapting to the Japanese metagame thru this ban list lolz. I'm still wondering wat deck I should play now. Havn't came out with a deck~

Yoh Asakura
31st August 2004, 12:15 PM
Hand Dis, Demon, Warrior, OHKO & Fire and what most people are using. You might catch the odd Reverse Worlds and Grav Bind decks.

Last Exile
1st September 2004, 08:15 AM
This list is good. The only thing I want to see is the Magical Scientist banned. Then I'd consider playing again come next regionals. Until then, due to no proper prize pool within the game and since it's so damn expensive, I'm out of it. I'm still watching it's progression though.

piKachuuu
1st September 2004, 11:28 PM
Hehe, I was never against the ban [anyway I only play the OCG... XD]

Now burners have a chance to rule!! *evil laughter*

And since the Japanese and English metagame are slowly combining, nobody can say that the results of the world championships are unfair... [don't know if that happened here, but it did on another forum I go to...]

SWAMPERT1
2nd September 2004, 12:12 AM
The Worlds were fair. Every person followed the same rules and could only use cards that were released in all regions.

Yoh Asakura
2nd September 2004, 12:36 PM
Tourniments are 'meh' with the ban. I've been to a minor one to watch, (didn't participate because the prize wasn't worth it) but anyway, it's all Rush Rush Rush Trample. Troop, Metal Drag, Tricky, etc etc etc get out powerful mons fast then dominate. There's some nice Warrior and Undead decks around though =]