PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] safari zone

BaM^Margera
12th February 2003, 06:09 PM
how do u guys catch the rare safari pokemon? usually they just run and you cant catch em, is there a way to get them easier?

Gary Warrior
12th February 2003, 08:04 PM
The best way, ive found, is to be EXTREMILY patient and never throw rocks at a Chancey (Just bait) and you'll catch something rare eventually, or you could use the Missingno cheat, if you dont know how to use the cheat to catch Safari Zone Pokemon then post back and ill explain it, but other than the cheat there is no "ultimate Way" to catch Safari Zone pokemon other than lotsa patience, good timeing and a whole lota moolah. (or you could just hold down the "up" and "B" buttons at the same time just as the Safari Ball is opening, it seems to increase your chances)

ILikePokemonP
13th February 2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Gary Warrior

...or you could use the Missingno cheat, if you dont know how to use the cheat to catch Safari Zone Pokemon then post back and ill explain it, but...I'll do it for you since I have some time :D

I didn't type this...

Fly to Fuchsia city and go to the safari zone, right when you enter, go out. Then FLY to Cinnabar Island and go to your right. Then SURF up and down the right shore of the island (where you look like you're on half land and half water). You'll find wild Safari pokemon that can't run!Very easy indeed. I find that the rarer pokemon are now more common using this method but maybe its just me.

Dragonfree
14th February 2003, 04:38 PM
I normally just throw a ball and hope to be lucky. I caught Kangaskhan, Scyther and Tauros in my Yellow version that way.

Charizard04621
16th February 2003, 11:12 AM
If you wanted to catch Tauros or Kangaskhan via the Missingno. cheat, you'd have to go to their appropriate zones and use up all your steps there...

The first time I caught a Tauros, I'd been in the Safari Zone forever running into Tauroses and throwing Safari Balls at them immediately in hopes of catching them before they ran away... I got lucky, eventually. It took many hours of constant patience, though. I recommend you just attempt the Safari Zone Missingno. thing.

The Muffin Man
17th February 2003, 02:55 AM
Really, Char? o_O;; Woah. I stepped into the Safari zone, went to Tauros' area, and the first Pokemon I saw in the Safari Zone was Tauros. Caught that one, too.

dr._samurai
17th February 2003, 09:47 PM
you could catch missingno and get it level to evolve to kangaskhan if your desperate but that could really mess up ur game

Gary Warrior
18th February 2003, 09:51 PM
*points above* as the others said, the Missingno Cheat is Risky, but efective, just NEVER CATCH MISSINGNO!! *did it once, was funny until game crashed*

sulcataixlude
11th March 2003, 01:57 AM
Just toss as many balls as you can at the poke of your choice since with bait and rocks it makes it harder for your ball to actually "capture" your target. For some very odd reason I keep on catching kangaskhans in my yellow version :yes:

Deck Knight
17th March 2003, 08:06 AM
Unfortunetely... Yellow doesn't have the cheat, I'm doing Bug Mastery, and fortunetely, I run into Scyther's often enough to catch one(and its Slash is OWNING). But Getting Pinsir is proving tedious, I may just open up my wallet and buy one... btw. Scythers pose in Yellow = OWNAGE.

pokemasterfrank
17th March 2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Gary Warrior
*points above* as the others said, the Missingno Cheat is Risky, but efective, just NEVER CATCH MISSINGNO!! *did it once, was funny until game crashed*

actually. The effects are pretty mild on most. You only hear the game crash thing one out of a few dozen posts. The most it has done (what I've seen) is mess up the graphics for the Pokemon League PC thing. And if you catch Missingno (not M'), it'll have scrambled graphics in the battles and some other places, but all in all, its fine (Of course, I wouldn't recommend keeping Missingno. anyway. Its not a very valuble asset.)

Originally posted by dr._samurai
you could catch missingno and get it level to evolve to kangaskhan if your desperate but that could really mess up ur game

Leveling up a Missingno. wouldn't do crap for you. M' is the strange one. I've had it turn into Rhydon's (O_O twas strange), and leveling this will get you a Kangaskhan.

XD Reminds me of my Unlimited health Kingler.

Volbachutwotlepuff
28th April 2003, 09:32 PM
just catch em in GS & trade via "time travel" :D

Pokemaster BW
29th April 2003, 09:52 PM
this may be a stupid question, and it's a bit off topic, but: what would happen if you tried to trade 'm' or missingno to g/s/c? or even to another r/b/y game? would it let you? and if it did, what would happen? i haven't tried, and i'm not going to, i was just wondering if any of you ever heard anything about it.

Some Dude
6th May 2003, 09:25 PM
I don't think anyone was stupid enough to do that............yet. Anyway, a few years ago I heard about a guy who tried that and screwed up his link cable (yes link cable) Anytime he would want to use it, the game would freeze or something.