PDA

View Full Version : darktyranitar Pokemon TCG report #14(merdeka edition)

darktyranitar
30th August 2004, 09:04 PM
Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/darktyranitar/images.jpg

Hehe, today is my 47th Indipendence Day anniversary. Just not to be confused, 'merdeka' mean freedom in my country. Well, maybe Roarkiller know about that.

Anyway, as promised, here's a report on a card yet to come in Ex FRLG, Pidgeot:

Pidgeot (http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/exfrlg/010.jpg)

Stats:
100 HP
( C )
Stage 2
Weakness: (L)
Resistance: (F)
Retreat Cost: N/A

Pre-Evolution Choice:
1) Pidgey
Since the last Pidgey came from Expedition set, let’s see the FRLG one. It has 50 HP, and has the attack that work like Pidgeot Clutch, and has a second attack that can deal 20 damage in 2 colorless energy.
2) Pidgeotto
Let’s just see the FRLG one. It has 70 HP, has Clutch that works like Pidgeot’s one, and has a second attack which can deals 30 damage with two colorless energy.

Attack:
Poke-Power Quick Search
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose any 1 card from your deck and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can’t use more than 1 Quick Search Poke-Power each turn. This power can’t be used if Pidgeot is affected by Special Condition.This Poke-Power is very useful, as it works the same as a Computer Search. Note that it can be used during turns, but only one per turn.
(CC) Clutch 40
The Defending Pokemon can’t retreat until the end of your opponent’s next turn.Pretty decent attack for the cost, and it also can trap your opponent if the Active Pokemon is affected by Special Condition.

Combo:
Nothing that I can think of. He is just like a Computer Search, just that it can be used between turns and doesn’t require anything else. Other than that, maybe…
1) Ex FRLG Beedrill, TA Sharpedo and other cards able to deal status condition
The idea is to put a condition on the active Pokemon, retreat/ switch then use Clutch to trap the Pokemon until they’re knocked out.

Card Art Rating in 1-10: 7
Overall Rating: Pidgeot is a pretty good Pokemon with a decent Poke-Power. He also have a decent amount of HP and attack. Overall, he work well in any deck, and might make a massive appearances in the game play soon enough.
Overall Rating in number 1-10: 8

Water Pokemon Master
31st August 2004, 02:48 AM
I don't think there would be any room for Pidgeot in most decks that are out there today. It is way too hard to fit in a Stage 2 line into most of the cluttered decks we see today. Maybe there will be a future combo for Pidgeot.

Great report! Keep up the good work!

Roarkiller
31st August 2004, 08:42 AM
No, but the suggested combo is nice enough. Especially confusion, since most ppl wouldnt give two hoots about it. Gives a nice surprise. Combo with warp point if u want.

Right now, im eyeing that beedrill. Havent come up with a good strat to go with it tho.

Alec Trevelyan
31st August 2004, 04:11 PM
I don't think there would be any room for Pidgeot in most decks that are out there today. It is way too hard to fit in a Stage 2 line into most of the cluttered decks we see today. Maybe there will be a future combo for Pidgeot.

Great report! Keep up the good work!

WPM said everything
anyway, this is a bit funny, but merdeka in portuguese can be read like shitty stuff, lol :sweat4: