PDA

View Full Version : Scary Aurora v1.1

Dark Scizor
1st September 2004, 09:10 PM
Okay, i haven't played or made a deck in the pokémon tcg since 2002 so i'm lost with any new deck archetypes and what not. I have been collecting the cards buying boosters and singles every so often, but that was solely on the collectors side of things.

Anyways, this was the last deck i made:

16x Pokémon:
4x Suicune (Holofoil lvl. 33)
4x Totodile (Fury swipes)
1x Dark Croconaw
4x Dark Feraligatr
3x Cleffa

28x Trainers:
3x Oak
3x Gold Berry
3x Nightly Garbage Run
3x Lass
3x Computer Search
3x Item Finder
3x Rockets Hideout
4x Pokémon Breeder

15x Energy:
3x Dark Energy
12x Water Energy

Thanks in Advance.

Roarkiller
2nd September 2004, 06:00 AM
The deck itself is fine by standards furing that time. Dunno if what u want is an update or what, so could u be a lil' more specific in ur request?

Dark Scizor
2nd September 2004, 11:09 AM
An update would with a few new cards would be very nice thank you :D

Roarkiller
4th September 2004, 01:15 AM
Babies r hardly used anymore, so IMO u should ditch the whole gatr line. But meh.

Replace breeder with rare candy, theyre much better. Try out Oracle/bill combo (oracle lets u put any 2 cards from the deck on top of the deck in any order). Town volunteers replace ngr.

The pkmn, well, u gotta pick up on that before i can comment.

Dark Scizor
16th September 2004, 07:28 PM
Okay, this is what i am thinking about using:

15x Pokémon:
4x Horsea (Aquapolis)
1x Seadra (Aquapolis)
3x Kingdra (Neo Revelation Non-holo lvl. 49)
3x Cleffa

25x Trainers:
3x Oak
3x Gold Berry
3x Town Volunteers
3x Lass
3x Computer Search
3x Item Finder
4x Rare Candy

15x Energy:
3x Dark Energy
12x Water Energy

5 cards short, need help for energies and any additional trainers if needed.

Just realised that Kingra has a cruddy attack, any suggestions on another one?

Vex 47
22nd September 2004, 07:04 PM
Maybe get rid of the item finders and put Celio's Network seeing as how you already have CPU Search. I would have stuck with the 'Gatr line myself. VS Seeker wouldn't be out of the Question I think and if you're going to do that you might as well put in Prof. Oak's Research.

Thomas33
23rd September 2004, 02:37 AM
Replace breeder with rare candy, theyre much better

There is no difference in the card at all, only the modified structure bans breeders and you can play candy, but if he's playing oak, that means it's unlimited

Thomas33
23rd September 2004, 02:39 AM
Okay, this is what i am thinking about using:

15x Pokémon:
4x Horsea (Aquapolis)
1x Seadra (Aquapolis)
3x Kingdra (Neo Revelation Non-holo lvl. 49)
3x Cleffa

25x Trainers:
3x Oak
3x Gold Berry
3x Town Volunteers
3x Lass
3x Computer Search
3x Item Finder
4x Rare Candy

15x Energy:
3x Dark Energy
12x Water Energy

5 cards short, need help for energies and any additional trainers if needed.

Just realised that Kingra has a cruddy attack, any suggestions on another one?

What's the darkness enregy for? He doesn't have darkness pokemon for the energy effect to happen...

Roarkiller
23rd September 2004, 10:25 AM
Thomas, please refrain from double posting (posting immediately after ur 1st post), te edit button is there for a reason.

There is no difference in the card at all, only the modified structure bans breeders and you can play candy, but if he's playing oak, that means it's unlimited

On the contrary, theres a BIG difference. Candy allows u to evolve on the 1st turn, breeder does not. Thats the major advantage.

Maybe get rid of the item finders and put Celio's Network seeing as how you already have CPU Search. I would have stuck with the 'Gatr line myself. VS Seeker wouldn't be out of the Question I think and if you're going to do that you might as well put in Prof. Oak's Research.

Ppl hardly use babies nowadays, and very few in a deck, so dk gatr is virtually useless. And why replace itemfinder for Celio? They serve different purposes. In any case, in unlimited com.search and itemfinder is a staple card, u cant do w/o either of them.

Ur 5 cards short. Ur missing gust. Get the idea? 3 should do well, and yeah, get rid of that darkness energy, its useless with the new rules in effect (if it aint a darkness type, it juz provides colorless w/ no extra effects). Instead of darkness, maybe double colorless or double rainbow if ur feel like it. Or recycle energy, then dump in super removal for extra annoyance.

Bout the seadra, ur better off using either from Ex Dragon instead of that one. Kingdra's very good, dont switch it anytime soon.

Thomas33
23rd September 2004, 01:33 PM
But how can you EVOLVE it in the firsts turn when it says: (this count's as EVOLVING that Pokemon) and in the rules stays that you can't EVOLVE Pokemon in the first turn

Water Pokemon Master
23rd September 2004, 03:35 PM
You can use Rare Candy (or any trainer) to evolve a Pokemon the first turn of the game or any attacks that let you evolve a Pokemon.

Vex 47
23rd September 2004, 11:36 PM
Doesn't item finder do the same thing as computer search except that you can't get anything besides items with it? So couldn't you just keep the Computer searches for items and other things; then the Celio's could add even more power to grab pokes.

Thomas33
24th September 2004, 03:40 AM
Item Finder draws a trainer from the Discard Pile

Roarkiller
24th September 2004, 06:19 AM
Doesn't item finder do the same thing as computer search except that you can't get anything besides items with it? So couldn't you just keep the Computer searches for items and other things; then the Celio's could add even more power to grab pokes.

Com search gets a card from the deck, itemfinder gets a card (albeit only trainers) from the discard pile. Juz so u know, in an unlimited deck, there r a few cards u absolutely must have (except in rare cases):

oak (best draw card to exist)
computer search (best search card to exist)
itemfinder (u WILL have times when u wish that card in the discard pile was in ur hand)
gust (believe it, its a damn broken card)

Dark Scizor
24th September 2004, 07:04 AM
What's the darkness enregy for? He doesn't have darkness pokemon for the energy effect to happen...

I just had that in there since i forgot :sweat4:.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas so far (It'd be nice to keep 'em coming :D). I was thinking of having the Kingdra and Feraligatr swap over for different opponents and what not, you think thats a reasonable idea? Also Does anyone think that Kingdra is worth using since two tailes means the attack doesn't work?

Roarkiller
25th September 2004, 12:16 AM
Also Does anyone think that Kingdra is worth using since two tailes means the attack doesn't work?

The point of using kingdra is to take advantage of genetic memory, not twister. One recycle energy allows u to use seadra's better attack, which is the whole idea of a kingdra deck.

Of course, u could always use kingdra ex, which has a much better 2nd attack. That double weakness needs to be countered tho, and too bad u cant use ancient tomb.