PDA

View Full Version : Poll: humm,taste so good

master_alka
2nd September 2004, 09:10 AM
I've got 2 questions:
1>Do you know how to cook?

2>What are your favorites meals from your country?

1-well,I can survive in a kitchen *trying to forget that I actualy burned a pea soup* :eek:

2-Only french canadian meal:
¤poutine(quite famous in my province:fries,cheese and hot sauce)

¤soupe à la gourgane*can't translate*:gougane is a kind of bean and that soup is composed of: gourganes,bacon slice,rice or barley and potatos

¤tarte à la rhubarbe*rhubarb pie*:a rhubarb/strawberry filling in a pie...

¤creton*no possible translation*base on chopped pork and spices,you just put that on toast

Roarkiller
2nd September 2004, 09:50 AM
This should be moved to PCG (polls, clubs and games) :)

1) I dont cook. Even if i do, im a recipe book cook.

2) Its hard to have a fav food from my country, not when my country has foodfare from countless cultures. But i guess it would be satay/sate (meat kebabs, single piece of meat on a thin stick, usually served with gravy, cucumber and rice dumplings), preferably mutton, or chicken when i feel like it.

cd
2nd September 2004, 10:11 AM
1. i can cook basics if needed. for example; noodles.
2. meat pie

RedStarWarrior
2nd September 2004, 10:28 AM
Moving to PCG...

*moves*

kainashi
2nd September 2004, 10:33 AM
1. i can cook noodles/mac and cheese/hot dogs, the easy stuff. :sweat4:

2. cajun food. :yes:

gomez
2nd September 2004, 11:55 AM
1. Yeah. It's not too hard.
2. If you mean food from my native country, it would be mexican food (I wasn't born there though).My fav mexican food would have to be bean burritos. I eat those a few times a week cause they're so cheap (2 for a dollar).

Leon-IH
2nd September 2004, 12:05 PM
1- Lets say i can cook pasta, steam vegetables and make a mean green soup but besides that i'm ducking for cover.

2- Nothing - Aussie food sucks.

Lady Vulpix
2nd September 2004, 12:29 PM
1. I can't cook like a professional, but I can cook well enough to satisfy myself.
2. Humitas. :D

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/9963/Humitas.jpg

Eternal Eievui
2nd September 2004, 12:31 PM
Yep.

Mexico all the way through Panama (And maybe South America) share the same food. Anything with maize :p

Typact
2nd September 2004, 01:18 PM
1) Yes, very well. I take classes occasionally and hope to open a restaurant or something someday. ^^; *geek geek*

2) Eh, I dunno. I prefer foriegn food over amercian stuff. oO Maybe apple pie. :lol:

BTW, I saw that Poutine in a McDonalds on my trip to Quebec.. Had no idea what it was until now!

Toxicity
2nd September 2004, 03:10 PM

1. Yeah, I guess. I can cook most things, but of course it's nothing like the professionals.

2. Not sure...America's food is not much. I guess anything cajun involving shrimp if I had to choose. I prefer Irish, Oriental, and Mexican more.[/b]

abunaidesu
2nd September 2004, 03:14 PM

1 - yes, but not too professionally
2 - shrug

Agent Elrond
2nd September 2004, 03:14 PM

I know a few dishes, but I'm no chef.

I'll just list my favourite meals, considering what country I'm from: Meat Buns, Aloo Ghobi, Sushi, Pizza, and Beef Stew with Potatoes. :nut:

Neo-Xantios
3rd September 2004, 07:34 AM

1. Only when I have the insentive; for like the past two years, I would always shun cooking. However, I will cook very carefully with a cookbook.

2. I am not overfond of Chinese food, I consider most of them cheap. However, there ARE a couple dishes I prefer: A tiny cake made turnips, and a delicacy made of translucent flour wrapping two or three shrimps. The latter is rather expensive, but WAY cheaper than any Western delicacies.

Yukitsukai
3rd September 2004, 07:37 AM

1) Somewhat.

2) Meh, americans really don't have any good meals...

DarkTemplarZ
3rd September 2004, 12:59 PM
1) Of course

2) Kotleta Po Kievski AKA Chicken Kiev. Yummy!

FireBlast
3rd September 2004, 01:08 PM
1. I know how to fry eggs and make a salad 8)
2. I hate food, I only do drugs.

phaedrus
3rd September 2004, 06:51 PM
1. No
2. All Chinese food roxmysox.

mr_pikachu
5th September 2004, 01:06 AM

Uh, sort of... the most complicated thing I've ever cooked was fettucine alfredo. Which actually is not a difficult recipe. I still kinda botched it, though... somehow a bunch of the cheese turned to liquid (not just gooey, I'm talking water-like liquid) and went to the bottom. Therefore, the fettucine noodles weren't exactly very cheesy. :P

Buffalo wings, as long as they're mild. We use one of the mixes, and it totally rocks. I haven't found a food I like better than those box mix buffalo wings. :D

bakahams7er
5th September 2004, 03:36 AM
1. yes i know how, i don't do it often though.
2. pancakes and maple syrup?

Pichu
5th September 2004, 01:08 PM
1. yes, well, sort of. o0;
2. I can make all kinds of soup. =) (from boiling water that is)

Jay
14th September 2004, 07:17 AM
1. I took cooking classes because I was forced to, so I can somewhat, but I never put those skills to use because I can't be bothered to cook anything.

2. The only food I know exclusively from Australia that we have is a meat pie. They're nice, so I guess I'll just choose that.

Kris
15th September 2004, 04:48 PM
1. Unfortunately I cant!!!

2. A great british roast is always great:)