PDA

View Full Version : TML vs aragornbird (Ref: RaZoR LeAf)

The_Missing_Link
2nd September 2004, 02:41 PM
Since I have 2 free slots, I'll cover one with this

1 on 1
I send out first
You attack first
DQ: 4 days
Arena: Grassy field
Banned Moves: Rest and substitute

I'll choose Orion for this one (male Scyther)

aragornbird
2nd September 2004, 03:09 PM
I have 2 open slots as well, so I'll battle you! I choose my male Skarmory, Ilúvatar!

Try a Toxic - Sandstorm - Mud-Slap.

Subs:
If Agility/Double Team, use Aerial Ace
If wind attack (Silver Wind, Razor Wind, etc.), use Drill Peck.
If Protect/Detect, use Double Team.

The_Missing_Link
2nd September 2004, 03:30 PM
Orion, safeguard against the toxic. Then deflect the dirt with swords dance and then plough through the mud slap with skull bash

Safeguard~Swords Dance~Skull Bash

RaZoR LeAf
4th September 2004, 08:54 AM
* Stats *

The Missing Link vs Aragornbird

Scyther|♂|Orion
100% Health
0% Fatigue

Skamory|♂|Ilúvatar
100% Health
0% Fatigue

* Trainer Issued Commands *
Aragornbird
"Toxic ~ Sand Storm ~ Mud Slap"
The Missing Link
"Safeguard ~ Swords Dance ~ Skull Bash"

* Pre-Battle *

A grassy field, just like one of the many other grassy fields in this acre of fields, a battle is about to be fought on it. The ASB Acre, land full of grassy fields, is being rented out to none other than The Missing Link, head honcho of ASB a Happy Tree Friend. With her she brings Orion, the sharp bladed Scyther. Her opponent the Head of the Goony Bird Fanclub, Aragornbird, brings his.. bird.. Ilúvatar the Skamory. This fight is one on one, so let battle commence.

* Round One Begins *

Taking flight, Iluvatar flaps his wings and lifts off the ground, intending to get closer to his foe in order to attack. Orion in the meantime, focuses, and a translucent light shimmers over his entire body. Glittering with silver, It fades away just as Iluvatar swoops in close and vomits a splattering of a thick oily poison over the Mantis pokemon. Fortunatly for Orion, the Poison hits the safeguard shield, and slides harmlessly to the floor where upon it sinks into the ground and leaves the grass, quite dead.

The Skamory grumbles, and moves to a slight distance before landing on the ground. Bringing his wings fully out to bear, the Steel buird begins to flap them rhythmically and powerfully. The strength of wind coming from them would be enough to start a sandstorm, was there any sand in the field to whip up in the first place. Still following orders, Orion begins to spi around on the spot, creating a vortex of upward moving wind, and also filling his uscles with energy boosting adrenaline. Iluvatar stops his attempt, and isn't looking pleased.

The Skamory tries to redeem himself, digging one wing into the ground, he scoops out a large pile of dirt and mud. He waits for the Scyther to approach. Approach Orion will, but not without an attack. The bug pokemon lowers his head, aims, and then charges forward. Iluvatar throws mud through the air and it slaps into the incoming face of Orion. Distracted and slightly knocked of course, a collision is still achieved, with Orion crashing his head into the side and wing of Iluvatar. Both pokemon crash to the floor, Orion cut up from hitting such a sharp metal edge, and Iluvatar's wing somewhat crumbled.

* Results *

Scyther|♂|Orion
96% Health
22% Fatigue
SAFEGUARD (6 more turns)
Cuts along head and right shoulder

Skamory|♂|Ilúvatar
88% Health
14% Fatigue
Left wing slightly crumbled

* Arena Status *

Patch of dead Grass
6 inch deep hole in the ground

The_Missing_Link
6th September 2004, 06:56 PM
Start with a double team and then pursuit, followed up by a double edge

Double Team~Pursuit~Double Edge

aragornbird
6th September 2004, 07:45 PM
Use Swift, then Drill Peck, and finally, Agility out of the way.

Swift - Drill Peck - Agility

RaZoR LeAf
13th September 2004, 10:36 AM
* Stats *

Scyther|♂|Orion
96% Health
22% Fatigue
SAFEGUARD (6 more turns)

Skamory|♂|Ilúvatar
88% Health
14% Fatigue

The Missing Link
"Double Team ~ Pursuit ~ Double Edge"
Aragornbird
"Swift ~ Drill Peck ~ Agility"

* Round Two Begins *

After the unexpected results of the previous round, Iluvatar is eager to do better this time. With eagle sharp eyes he watches his opponent glow with a momentary white light. Before him now stand two identicle Scythers, which is real, cannot be attained. Instead the Skamory resorts to a homing attack. From beneath his wings shoot five golden stars. The fly through the air, aiming directly at the Scyther on the left. The stars slam into the Scyther, and leave a number of small cuts on the pokemon.

Orion grimaces, but dismisses the small attack. The bug pokemon readies his next attack, as Iluvatar lifts off the ground and begins to fly straight at the pokemon. Orion jumps up, glowing with dark energy and runs at the bird. The two collide, Iluvatar stabbing the Scyther with it's sharp beak, and Orion slamming his dark covered scythes into the Skamory.

As both fall away to opposite sides, Orion grabbing his shoulder and Iluvatar shaking off the pain, they get ready for their final attacks. Iluvatar chooses to power up, allowing adrenaline to flood his blood vessels. Orion readies his scythes, then charges towards Iluvatar. Using his boost in speed, Ulavatar spikes off the ground, taking to the air, narrowly dodging Orions attack, causing the pokemon to fall to the ground.

* Results *

Scyther|♂|Orion
79% Health
37% Fatigue
SAFEGUARD (6 more turns)
1 clone
Left shoulder large cut/hole

Skamory|♂|Ilúvatar
84% Health
28% Fatigue
Increased Agility

* Arena Status *

Patch of dead Grass

aragornbird
13th September 2004, 04:29 PM
Use Taunt, then Drill Peck x 2.

If Taunt doesn't work, then Aerial Ace instead of Drill Peck.

The_Missing_Link
15th September 2004, 05:02 PM
Orion, take that taunt and release your anger with a frustration (try to injure his left wing a bit more). Then use a double team and finally take a break

Frustration~Double Team~Take a Break

RaZoR LeAf
21st September 2004, 09:20 AM
Made a slight mistake in the last round, Orion's Safeguard should have reduced to 3 turns at the end of it. Corrected in this round.

* Stats *

Scyther|♂|Orion
79% Health
37% Fatigue
SAFEGUARD (3 more turns)
1 clone

Skamory|♂|Ilúvatar
84% Health
28% Fatigue
Increased Agility

Aragornbird
"Taunt ~ Drill Peck ~ Drill Peck"
The Missing Link
"Frustration ~ Double Team"

* Round Three Begins *

With both pokemon injured, the rest of the battle looks like it will be a good one. Iluvatar stares down the green skinned Scyther before him. He spits an insult at the bug, making lude refrences to the pokemon's greatest attribute, the blade like forearms from which it's name comes. Orion growls, angered by the taunt. He charges forward and releases the frustration by making a series of short, fast slashes at the Skamory's already hurt wing.

Recoiling back in pain, Iluvatar finds that he'll need a few minutes before he can fly again. This puts a dampener on his using Drill Peck as well as he normal would, so the bird begins a slow run at his foe. Orion in the meantime has sacrified some of his energy to once again form a clone. Now, three copies of the same Scyther sit in the field. Iluvatar wishes he was paying more attention and runs at one Scyther, stabbing his beak into it. Bad move, the clone shatters and sissolves away, leaving two remaining.

Angered by the deciet, Iluvatar runs at another, without the space to pick up speed, he isn't going to do as much damage with the attack as normal, but this time he hits home and stabs Orion in the leg. The wound isn't deep, but it does bleed slightly. Orion grunts, but maintains his posture, choosing to wait it out so not to loose anymore energy.

* Results *

Scyther|♂|Orion
83% Health
55% Fatigue
1 clone
Wound on Right leg

Skamory|♂|Ilúvatar
74% Health
52% Fatigue
Left wing hurt
Flight currently inhibited (2 turns)
Increased Agility

* Arena Status *

Patch of dead Grass

The_Missing_Link
23rd September 2004, 10:07 PM
Quickly use a pursuit to damage the wing again and then use razor wind. Finally, take another break

Pursuit~Razor Wind~Take a Break

aragornbird
24th September 2004, 05:52 AM
Let him come to you, then Drill Peck his right again. Then Secret Power. And another Drill Peck, on his left leg this time. If you still can't fly, don't bother, since he's taking a break. Just walk over and use your attack.

Drill Peck - Secret Power - Drill Peck

RaZoR LeAf
8th October 2004, 08:15 AM
Sorry I haven't reffed in ages, will write it tonight I promise.

RaZoR LeAf
9th October 2004, 08:58 AM
* Stats *

Scyther|♂|Orion
83% Health
55% Fatigue
1 clone
Wound on Right leg

Skamory|♂|Ilúvatar
74% Health
52% Fatigue
Left wing hurt
Flight currently inhibited (2 turns)
Increased Agility

The Missing Link
"Pursuit ~ Razor Wind ~ Take a Break"
Aragornbird
"Drill Peck ~ Secret Power ~ Drill Peck"

* Round Four Begins *

At a slight advantage over his foe Orion dashes forward, surrounded by the dark glow of energy he pursues the Skamory who is desperatly waddling forward trying to put forward momentum behind a Drill Peck attack. Orion swings past and slashes a scythe across the Steel bird's face. Knocked backwards Iluvatar just manages to get a small peck in but it doesn't seem to cause that much damage.

Iluvatar grumbles, but feeling is starting to return to his wing. He flaps it slightly knowing that he'll able able to fly again very soon. Suddenly a sharp blowing sensation hits him from behind. Bits of dirt flick off his metal body, while the very air seems to be sharp. Orion is flapping his wings so hard and sharp that it's almost a razor of wind being generated. Iluvatar turns and fires a beam of white light at the Scyther. As the light hits the Mantis pokemon, it disperesses into a fluttering of dust, which is quickly inhaled but Orion.

The bug pokemon coughs and feels his muscles sieze up slightly. He's happy he's taking a rest, as that strange attack has caused him to be slightly paralysed. Taking a breather he is shocked to see Iluvatar hopping up off th ground to dive forward, spinning in the air slightly delivering a fully on target Drill Peck. Reeling back from the pain Orion tries to catch his breath but as his muscles seize up he is left somewhat winded.

* Results *

Scyther|♂|Orion
66% Health
64% Fatigue
Slightly PARALYSED
Past Wounds no longer bleeding
Fresh wound on mid-torso

Skamory|♂|Ilúvatar
63% Health
63% Fatigue
Left wing hurt
Increased Agility

* Arena Status *

Patch of dead Grass

aragornbird
9th October 2004, 12:25 PM
Good job, and with your increased speed, get in a Drill Peck on that fresh wound. Then Secret Power and Swift.

Drill Peck - Secret Power - Swift

The_Missing_Link
9th October 2004, 06:16 PM
Orion, detect the drill peck and then use pursuit on the left wing. Finally, skull bash

Detect~Pursuit~Skull Bash

btw aragornbird, can you please update your bank account? You have a habit of not doing so for a while and I don't approve unless the people post in the Bank afterwards

aragornbird
9th October 2004, 06:29 PM
oh, ok, I was waiting for you to approve it before I update my bank account. I'll do it right away.

RaZoR LeAf
15th October 2004, 11:40 AM
* Stats *

Scyther|♂|Orion
66% Health
64% Fatigue
Slightly PARALYSED
Past Wounds no longer bleeding
Fresh wound on mid-torso

Skamory|♂|Ilúvatar
63% Health
63% Fatigue
Left wing hurt
Increased Agility

Aragornbird
"Drill Peck ~ Secret Power ~ Swift"
The Missing Link
"Detect ~ Pursuit ~ Skull Bash"

* Round Five Begins *

With both pokemon tiring from the battle they are beginning to rely on more furious attacks. Hopping into the air again, Iluvatar takes to the skies and begins a spinning descent aimed at Orion. The Mantis pokemon stares at the incoming threat, estimating the exact moment when.. he jumps to the side and Iluvatar plows through mid air and comes to a stop. The attack sucessfully detected, Orion takes a deep breath to regain the strength lost from performing such a mind trick.

The Skamory grimaces, opening it's beaked mouth a beam of white light streams across the ground hitting a mocing Orion. As the Scyther charges forward, a slight aura of darkness surrounding his blade the secret power transforms into a paralytic agent once more. Stimulating his muscles again, Orion's legs seize up and he stumbles, his attack interrupted and ended prematurely.

Grumbling to himself, Orion struggles to his feet and calms himself hoping the paralysis will fade away again. As it does so, the bug pokemo lowers his head, and holds his arms out behind him. A sense of sturyness comes over him, and he charges at the enemy. Iluvatar flings a series of golden stars from his wings, but even as they cut into Orion, he continues to run. Iluvatar is bowled over as Orion crashed into the bird, and both pokemon roll over ground before coming to a halt at last.

* Results *

Scyther|♂|Orion
56% Health
83% Fatigue
PARALYSED
Wounds no longer bleeding

Skamory|♂|Ilúvatar
53% Health
77% Fatigue
Left wing hurt
Increased Agility

* Arena Status *

Patch of dead Grass

The_Missing_Link
18th October 2004, 05:16 PM
Pursuit on the left wing and then take a break the rest of the round. While you're recovering, shield yourself with your scythes for protection

Pursuit~Take a Break x2

aragornbird
18th October 2004, 06:22 PM
Use Toxic after he attacks. Then Pursuit his unprotected back and finally relax.

Toxic - Pursuit - Relax

The_Missing_Link
3rd November 2004, 07:29 PM
Sub ref perhaps? There are a bunch of refs out there that need jobs

SneaselReborned
4th November 2004, 12:26 AM
I'm down to a single reffing, so if its fine with you two, I'll take this over. Any objections?

SneaselReborned
4th November 2004, 12:35 AM
I figured, I had time, and even if I don't finish this, I'll sub-ref it so it can keep moving.

ROUND X+1

Orion (Scyther M): 56%, Fatigued (83%), paralysed, wounds no longer bleeding
Iluvatar (Skarmory M): 53%, Fatigued (77%), left wing hurt, increased agility

ROUND BEGIN

Orion sags down, breathing hard, trying to focus on inner strength. He glares at his metallic opponent, a huge bird of prey, a Skarmory. Iluvatar stands maybe 10 feet away from Orion, stalking about, trying to soothe the pain in his left wing. He looks to Orion, and spits onto the ground. Time to die, Scyther, he thinks.

Orion stands stalk still, blades outstretched, pointing towards Iluvatar like an arrow. He dashes across the grassy field, driving his blade directly into Iluvatar's damaged left wing. Iluvatar crows in pain, and spits a glob of toxins into Orion's face. Orion coughs as the gooey liquid seeps into his mouth, nose, and flesh, and he is forced backwards, stumbling on a rock and falling flat on the ground. Orion breathes a sigh, and gets up slowly, feeling the bite of toxins in his gut.

Iluvatar's eyes twinkle, and he rushed at the Scyther who is just standing there. Orions brings up his scythes into an X formation above his head, but the Skarmory is too quick. Iluvatar zips in behind Orion, diving his beak into Orion's exposed back. Orion cries out in pain, and takes a step away from Iluvatar. Both Pokemon are fatigued, and they take a break, unable to go on with sufficient rest.

Orion (Scyther M): 46%, Fatigued (70%), paralysed, wound on back, badly poisoned (4% next round)
Iluvatar (Skarmory M): 47%, Fatigued (75%), left wing torn, increased agility

aragornbird
4th November 2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks so much for subreffing, Sneasel!

Okay, if a physical attack is used, Counter it. If an evasive move, Aerial Ace. Otherwise, just Relax.

Counter/Aerial Ace/Relax x3

The_Missing_Link
7th November 2004, 09:06 PM
Pursuit then relax for the rest of the round

SneaselReborned
7th November 2004, 11:02 PM
ROUND X+2

Orion (Scyther M): 46%, Fatigued (70%), paralysed, wound on back, badly poisoned (4% next round)
Iluvatar (Skarmory M): 47%, Fatigued (75%), left wing torn, increased agility

ROUND BEGIN

Another round begins, but this round seems to foreshadow a slower theme. Orion zips across the battlefield, slashing forwards, but then dipping behind Iluvatar and slashing again. Iluvatar spins around, and in one fluid motion grabs Orion's scythe in his beak, and twirls Orion around, sending him whirling a few feet away. Orion curses, and takes a rest. Iluvatar mimics Orion, and both Pokemon relax. Orion feels the bite of venoms in his gut, and grimaces.

Orion (Scyther M): 42%, Fatigued (56%), paralysed [fading], wound on back, badly poisoned (8% next round)
Iluvatar (Skarmory M): 47%, Fatigued (60%), left wing torn, increased agility [fading]

The_Missing_Link
13th November 2004, 05:26 PM
Razor wind and then relax for the rest of the round

aragornbird
13th November 2004, 06:59 PM
Relax, then Drill Peck x2!

SneaselReborned
16th November 2004, 10:39 PM
ROUND X+3

Orion (Scyther M): 42%, Fatigued (56%), paralysed [fading], wound on back, badly poisoned (8% next round)
Iluvatar (Skarmory M): 47%, Fatigued (60%), left wing torn, increased agility [fading]

ROUND BEGIN

Orion the big scyther sends off three strips of sharp wind, knocking into Iluvatar. Iluvatar frowns, and just relaxes.

Now Iluvatar goes on the attack, but Orion goes on the defense. Iluvatar rams his sharp beak into Orin's wing, once...twice. Iluvatar then lays on the ground, panting. Orion gasps in pain, but feels more energetic after a short rest. Poison bites at his stomach.

Orion (Scyther M): 20%, Fatigued (39%), wound on back, badly poisoned (16% next round), wings torn
Iluvatar (Skarmory M): 42%, Fatigued (73%), left wing torn

Sry for short reffing, on a very slow computer (lags when i type text o0)

aragornbird
17th November 2004, 05:47 AM
Relax, then Drill Peck, and Relax again.

If evasive moves, use Aerial Ace
If Protect, just Relax.
But make sure you Relax on your first action.

The_Missing_Link
29th November 2004, 09:45 PM
Razor Wind the whole way through. If you have to go out, then it shouldn't be without a fight

Very sorry about not posting, btw

The_Missing_Link
24th December 2004, 07:19 PM
Another ref?

RaZoR LeAf
25th December 2004, 12:04 PM
I can go back to reffing, there's just one small thing I noticed. My Fatigue counter goes from 0%-100%. When SR Sub-refed he started going backwards, from 100%-0%. Since your head ref TML, how would you handle this? Stick with how SR was doing it?

The_Missing_Link
25th December 2004, 12:56 PM
If you can calculate it into your own system, that's fine. If you don't want to though, you can use his method

RaZoR LeAf
26th December 2004, 01:32 PM
Round Nine

Scyther|?|Orion
20% Health
Approx 90% Fatigue
wound on back, badly poisoned (16% next round)
wings torn

Skamory|?|Ilúvatar
42% Health
Approx 85% Fatigue
left wing torn

Ilúvatar - Relax, Drill peck, Relax
Orion - Razor Wind

Ilúvatar sits to rest his wings for a moment, when he is enveloped by a hurricane of sharp dry wind, generated by Orion. The Scyther stops short, his breath short from poison damage and exhaustion. Ilúvatar lifts off the ground and flies slowly forward aiming for a drill peck attack, when another gust of sharpened wind hits him.

The attacks ends abruptly though, when Orion gives in to the exhaustion and collapses on the ground. Ilúvatar stops and relaxes indefinatly, as Orion is recalled. The battle goes in favour of Aragornbird.

Scyther|?|Orion
20% Health
100% Fatigue
wound on back, badly poisoned (16% next round)
wings torn

Skamory|?|Ilúvatar
38% Health
Approx 90% Fatigue
left wing torn

The_Missing_Link
26th December 2004, 02:10 PM
Eh, this is why I hate the energy counter. When there's a subbie, there's a possibility that they count fatigue in a different way

Anyway, good battle. I had a feeling that I wouldn't win, considering there was a big type disadvantage in the beginning

aragornbird
26th December 2004, 04:09 PM
Wow, this one lasted over 3 months! But I'm glad it's finally over.
Nice battle, TML, and thanks for coming back to ref, Razor Leaf!