PDA

View Full Version : [YGO] Search + Revival - Discussion

Yoh Asakura
3rd September 2004, 02:01 PM
Well it's been a while since i've posted a discussion, and what better topic to start off with then Revival. With the banning of Raise Dead/Monster Reborn it's took things down a step.

Early Burial/Premature Burial
[Equip Magic]
Pay 800 Life Points. Choose 1 monster card in your Graveyard and summon it to the Field in attack mode, with this card equipped to it. If this card is destroyed, so is the equipped monster.

Cry Of The Living Dead/Call Of The Haunted
[Permanent Trap]
Choose 1 monster card in your Graveyard and Special Summon it to the Field in attack mode. If this card leaves play, destroy the targeted monster. When the targeted monster is destroyed, destroy this card.

Revival cards that fit in 95% of decks. We all know about them, we all use them. Decks that are starting to appear in tourniments are Warrior & Undead. Let's start with Warrior.

With Distressing Choice/Painful Choice Unbanned the use of Chaos Soldier/Black Luster Soldier boosted.

Rebirth Of The Dead
[Normal Magic]
Discard 1 card from your hand. Put 1 Monster card in your cemetery into your hand.

For some reason a lot of people are using discard + Rebirth Of The Dead. Now to me, that's a waste of a card in hand unless it helps summon Chaos Soldier.
People are forgetting about older cards, I personally prefer to use Resilient Warrior in a Warrior deck.

Resilient Warrior/The Warrior Returning Alive
[Normal Magic]
Choose 1 Warrior Sub-Type Monster in your Graveyard and put it into your hand.

It's an over-looked card with a nice revival effect. Now onto the searching!

Calling Reinforcements/Reinforcement of the Army
[Normal Magic]
Put 1 Warrior Sub-Type monster with level 4 or less from your deck into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

We all know about this as nearlly all of us have used it sometime or another. It's often used for Dimensional Warrior Girl/ DD Lady or Blade Knight. It's still such a good search card for Warrior decks, especially with the Mystic Swordsmen out there (Japanese only so far). Troop Commander + Mystic Swordsman Lv4 = No more RV card and a Mystic Swordsman Lv6 to deal with. Both are strong monsters with Lv4 being a 1900er and Lv6 being at 2300. LV6 has a nasty locking effect aswell, English duelists should be on the look out for it.

Onto my speciality, Undead! Quite possible the best Revival card in the game IMHO.

Book of Life - Forbidden Magic/Book of Life
[Normal Magic]
Special Summon 1 Undead Sub-Type Monster from your Graveyard to the Field. Remove 1 Monster card in your opponent's Graveyard from the game.

Revival + Removal. As mentioned above, Painful Choice/Distressing Choice is now unbanned, making Undead decks much more powerful. There are some awesome cards in the Undead area of monsters, Vampire Lord being the most known and used.

Search, search has always been with the lil Turtle.

Pyramid Turtle
[1200/1400]
[Effect Monster/Earth/Undead]
If this Monster is destroy during Battle and placed in a Graveyard, Special Summon an Undead Sub-Type Monsters from your deck with a defense strength of 2000 or less.

Even the strongest level 4 trample monster would only result in a 600LP loss which is nothing. Then you have the choice of what to bring out, the most common using being V-Lord or Dragon Bone.

Well I have tooth ache, and I dun wanna type no more x]
If i've missed anything decent then feel free to add and discuss.

P.s. Yes, I took the time to find out there English names so ya'll won't feel left out =]

Discuss!

Reality
3rd September 2004, 03:12 PM
Well I used to run a G-Keeper Deck and that revival card that revives anything with G-Keeper in its name is pretty good. Especially with Cyclone taken down to 1.

Yoh Asakura
3rd September 2004, 04:39 PM
Urgh.. the 1900 Level 5 mon (Gravekeeper Leader) or the Trap (Ritual of the Spirits)?

I might build a G-Keeper deck tommorow, I'll see how I feel.

EDIT: Duh the Trap lol you can tell i'm tired...

DarkTemplarZ
3rd September 2004, 09:00 PM
Forgot Foolish Burial, arguably the best searcher out there; fits in every deck since it picks out any mon, and who doesn't love the good old reliable discard and revive?

Cyclone down to one means Magic Cylinder will wreak havoc...