PDA

View Full Version : Episode 92 - Those Three Appear! The Island of the Refereeing School

Adamant
3rd September 2004, 02:26 PM
Well, episode 92 is out, so I made a short summary of it:

The group arrives at the island, meet NPC of the day (Jimmy) and his pokemon (Fushigisou, Lizardo and Kameil). Jimmy is training to become a pokemon referee (which is just as boring as it sounds.) Jimmy is, understandably, not very enthusiastic about this entire ref thing (and doesn't do a very good job reffing Satoshi and Takeshi's battle either... I think. He said Heigani was unable to continue when that wasn't the cause.) Anyway, turns out Jimmy would rather be a pokemon trainer (See, this guy isn't as dumb as we thought. I mean, who would actually WANT to becaome a pokemon referee?). He has even "won" a Blue badge from Hanada City's gym leader Sakura (I think he got it from cleaning the gym.. yeah.) Kasumi was mentoined as well, but not shown in the flashback.

Anyway, the Rockets attack in their Monster Ball mecha, and steal Jimmy's three pokemon so Sakaki can use them to... um.. look at. (Yeah, I didnt get it either). Jimmy chases them, and tries to save his pokemon, but fails (note that none of our so-called heroes do anything to help. They just stand there.)

The pokemon, inspired by Jimmy, attempt to break out themselves, but they are too weak. Then Kameil evolves into Kamex and rescues everyone without even trying. And Fushigisou and Lizardo send the Rockets blasting off.

Jimmy decides to set off on his journey to become a pokemon trainer, and Satoshi-tachi recieve a boat for.. um.. not helping out. Yeah. The end.

Okay, it was better than I expected, but it wasn't GOOD. I mean, the entire concept of a school for Pokemon Referees is just stupid. Why do they need a school to teach people to raise their flags?

The next episode seems a lot more entertaining, as we get the return of the lovable Banebu. Yay.

(There's a new title screen now. Instead of the Houen map we've had for the last 91 episodes, we now get pictures of the current badges and ribbons Satoshi and Haruka possess. I'd rather have the map.
Oh, and there's also a new ending. Well, okay, it's not new, just SMILE again. But Chirin now appears in it. And it's a much better song than Ippai Summer anyway.)

Rocketboy
3rd September 2004, 08:00 PM
Charmeleon has been neglected. Even though it wasn't ABOUT him, it's nice to see him back.

BTW 400 posts!!

Pewter City Geodude
4th September 2004, 02:00 PM
I think what happened when Jimmy uncertainly declared Heigani defeated was that his teacher (forgot her name) chastised him by saying that Water Pokemon are naturally resistant to Water attacks, so it's very unlikely Heigani would've been knocked out by just one Water attack.

http://members.shaw.ca/GeodudesPokeShots/may/noshorts.jpg

Um, where'd May's shorts go? o_O

JazzJazz
4th September 2004, 04:50 PM
I think what happened when Jimmy uncertainly declared Heigani defeated was that his teacher (forgot her name) chastised him by saying that Water Pokemon are naturally resistant to Water attacks, so it's very unlikely Heigani would've been knocked out by just one Water attack.

Then what was the point of the Whirl Islands competition? There was certainly a lot of water against water-type there... another little plot-hole for the anime.

Chris 2.1
4th September 2004, 04:56 PM
In the whirl cup, many Pokemon didn't simply fire volleys of water attacks. Qwilfish used Pin Missile, Corsola used Spike Cannon, Poliwhirl used doubleslap...etc etc. Psyduck used confusion.

JazzJazz
4th September 2004, 06:02 PM
In the whirl cup, many Pokemon didn't simply fire volleys of water attacks. Qwilfish used Pin Missile, Corsola used Spike Cannon, Poliwhirl used doubleslap...etc etc. Psyduck used confusion.

I know this, but we did see (and have seen on other occaions) damage being infliced upon wter-types by water-type attacks...

Pewter City Geodude
4th September 2004, 10:24 PM
The issue isn't whether or not damage was inflicted, but whether or not a Water-type can be KOed by a single Water-type attack.