12th February 2003, 11:43 PM
Lunatoon @Leftovers
Personality: +Defense, -Attack
Effort Values: 255 Special Attack, 80 HP, 100 Defense, 75 Special Defense
- Contemplate
- Sandstorm
- Cosmo Power
- Psychic
Open up with Sandstorm against non-immune enemies. Against a purely Special Enemy, Contemplate, otherwise Cosmo Power up.

Patchiiru @Beserk Gene
Personality: +Attack, -Special Attack
Effort Values: 255 Attack, 128 Defense, 127 Special Defense
- Double Edge
- Dizzy Dance
- Shadow Ball
- Encore
Well, his goal is to go in, cause a little chaos, and get out of there, not much else.

Tekkanin @Leftovers
Effort Values: 255 Attack, 128 Defense, 127 Special Defense
- Protect
- Silver Wind
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
First turn, Protect, and get your speed boost. If he can take the damage, Swords Dance. Third round, get another Protect/Speed Boost. This is where you'd normally BP out. Silver Wind as a STABd, 60 power bug attack for low Defense Psychics(there are several), and the occasional lucky stat boost. Hehe, after the first Acceleration boost, a max Speed DV Tekkanin is faster than anything except another Tekkanin, or an agility Poke, and this is WITHOUT personality OR any effort value.

Samayooru @Bright Powder
Personality: +Special Defense, -Attack
Effort Values: 255 Defense, 255 Special Defense
- Jack O' Lantern
- Rest
- Mean Look
- Protect
Annoy. Drain PP and HP, and shrug off your opponents attacks with Rest/Protect. I would have Confuse Ray, except it has bad synergy with Jack O' Lantern.

Kinogassa @Quick Claw
Effort Values: 200 Attack, 104 HP, 103 Defense, 103 Special Defense
- Spore
- Scream Punch
- Leech Seed
- Combo
Spore, Leech Seed, then lay down an all-out assault.

RegiSteel @Leftovers
Personality: +Special Defense, -Special Attack
Effort Values:155 Attack, 200 Defense, 200 Special Defense
- Rest
- Iron Claw
- Iron Wall
- Amnesia
Tank up, then Return to victory. I'm kinda thinking about replacing him with someone else(unless its the great Suicune, I've always felt wierd about using Legendaries, dunno why). SO, if there is Pokemon that would help the team out in this slot, LMK!

Thanks!

- Rocket Scyther -

rinku
13th February 2003, 12:27 AM
One thing I'd mention is that you are wasting Tekkanin's excellent Attack potential by training him as a pure baton passer. His base Attack is 90, and both his types are physical. Beak Slash (Flying) and Silver Wind (Bug) are both useful 60 power attacks, that are quite powerful enough to take out vulnerables with STAB and one Swords Dance is enough to make them dangerous to non-resistants. Heck, even Slash (which he learns naturally) is a better choice than Protect IMHO.

I'd drop Protect and take whichever takes your fancy and suits the team. Your team looks a little vulnerable to Fighting attacks - A Rock, a Steel and a Normal, while your highly resistant Bug/Flying has no way of hitting back at them. Give him a Flying attack and the balance looks heaps better.

Dr Crocodile
13th February 2003, 12:53 AM
Rinku is right, making Tekkakanin a Baton Passer without any attacking moves is a waste. ANY Baton Passer without an attacking move is a waste. What happens if it's your last pokemon left? What will you do? Die a humiliating death as your opponent pounds you and you can't do anything. Oh and let's not forget a little move called Taunt. You bring your Tekkakanin out and I bring out a pokemon with Taunt. If you don't BP before I use Taunt then all non-attacking moves are disabled. I'm sure you can see the problem from there.

Anyway, there are other issues of concern. You list effort values, which is good as it gives a more accurate representation of what your team will be like, but I have to disagree with the way you concentrate them. Unless your pokemon was one attack stat that is clearly inferior/superior and won't be used/is the only one that will be used or your pokemon is Nukenin, who you can cram all your Effort values int o Attack and Speed, all stats should receive EV. You'll get two max stats and 4 crap stats. You don't want that now do you? Take for example you Lunatoon. It has a base attack of 55 and you are giving it no EV for attack. Without STAB, do you actually think Explosion will do anything to any pokemon that has more than like 2 HP left and has respectable defenses? I can tell you now that it won't. Spread out your EVs so that you can have respectable stats all around. Since you won't be using any special attacks with Tekkakanin, you can afford to give it 0 EV for special attack but please at least give it some defensive and attack power.

In addition to EV, some moves and items don't make sense on your movesets. Your Patchiiru already has an item, has poor special attack, and has a -Special attack personality. Why in the love of God would you give it Theif? Get that move off him now! Put Shadow Ball or Combo there to hit types Thrash can't and to run off the boosted attack. Another problem is your entire moveset for Samayooru. It's only means of killing the opponent is to Destiny Bond them, hope they kill themselves with confusion, or burn to death. Burn status lowers attack which confllicts with Confuse Ray. The two moves shouldn't be on the same moveset at all. Samayooru is also one of the SLOWEST pokemon in the game. Even you raverage Snorlax and Wobby are faster. Destiny Bond only works if you are faster than your opponent. See the problem. Destiny Bond won't work for Samayooru unless you opponent is paralyzed and Jock-O-Lantern and Confuse Ray conflict. Not good at all. The item makes no sense in this case as well. Bright Powder works well with Samayooru's Pressure Characteristic but it conflicts with Destiny Bond where you want to get hit. I'm sorry but that Samayooru has to go back to the drawing board. I can give you a moveset suggestion for it but that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Anyway to conclude my comments, Regi-Steel is good, Kinogassa is good though if you wanted you could try a non fighting move over Combo for diversity. Rinku already took care of Tekkakanin. Return over Thrash since you can control it better for Patchiiru. Lose Explosion for Lunatoon and maybe try an Enlighten + Special Attack combo like the Psychic you already have or Ice Beam. And finally, spread those EVs out!

RocketScyther
13th February 2003, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the help! I will be making a few large revisions(I'm obviously more than a bit rusty, I'm making some basic errors that I wouldn't have made before I took that two year break)!

- Rocket Scyther -

Bug Catcher Daniel
13th February 2003, 02:02 AM
yeah the guys above said the right stuff.. tekkanin just needs an attacking move, but i guess protect works well on tekkanin with its acceleration trait, so it would be like:
1st turn: Sword dance(speed boost)
2nd turn: Protect (speed boost)
3rd turn: Baton Pass

yeah so i would change D-team for beak slash or silver wind.

hey one question, when speed increases or decreases it affects the evasion and acurracy rate right?

ps: Kinogassa rulz!

RocketScyther
13th February 2003, 02:19 AM
Revisions made. And I don't think that Speed affects evasion.

- Rocket Scyther -

Madelyn151
13th February 2003, 04:48 PM
speed has absolutely nothing to do with evasion.

lunatoon : the thing with sandstorm (and probably hail...especially hail, since it only doesn't affect icers) is that it can seriously bite the rest of your team in the *ss. ice beam or something would be good, and explosion is Teh Besterst Move Evar.

paachiru : shadow ball over safeguard. way too slow for that >.<

tekkanin : sure. MAYBE beak slash over protect, but protect has its uses. tekkanin is a tres cool pokemon ^_^

samayooru : does he get confuse ray? uhh i think so... yeah use that. wizzord.

kinogassa : sky upper AND combo aren't needed. return over one of them.

registeel : bah, you know you want explosion somewhere XD that said, good set.

vado a spagna!!!!!!! *runs around* now why i said that in italian, i don't know. ^_^;;

rinku
13th February 2003, 05:17 PM
Are you sure about Return on Registeel?

Madelyn151
13th February 2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by rinku
For the record, why did you put Return on Reji-Ice? That's a physical move, but Reji-ice has a lousy Attack. It has an excellent Special Attack, so why doesn't it simply have a good Ice move???
Even the weakest ice move would do more damage with STAB taken into account than a fully-happy Reji-ice with Return.

*points out, rather helpfully, that's it's registeel*

Raichu748
13th February 2003, 05:28 PM
Really quick, just wanted to post something. For Registeel (rinku! ^_~) I think that you should put Iron Wall over Curse and Iron Claw over Return. Iron Wall boosts defense faster than Curse, and with Amnesia, Curse and Rest he wont need super stron attacks. Iron Claw has decent power, STAB, and tons of PP. Plus, nobody's immune to it. But that's just me. n_n

EDIT: Hehehe.... Madelyn caught you rinku! XD

Bug Catcher Daniel
13th February 2003, 05:31 PM
for kinogassa:
Scream Punch, Spore, Leech seed, Build up ;)
check my knogassa thread :P