PDA

View Full Version : September Tourney? *Hints Hints* [YGO]

Dark-San
5th September 2004, 08:37 AM
Yupz finally I have the stupid time to post my first topic in so many weeks no thanks to the army! :sweat4: I just completed my basic military training and now currently attending a course to be trained as a technician. Well compared to RK, I must say I have a more carefree schedule. Ain't I right? ;)

Back to the topic, yupz its setempber which means that there would be another tourney again. Anywayz local tournaments here are held once every 3 months. The major ones are the ones usually in June or in December whereby the winner gets to represent Singapore in America and Japan respectively. In addition to those two, the winner of the march tourney gets to represent Singapore in Taiwan. This time round tho the winner doesn't get to go abroad and represent the country, however there is still pride and title to fight for. Lolz~ yes the title of who will be the next local champ.

As of now, I can't seem to get the hang of my deck after the new ban list had been released. Yes I must admit I am very confused on the way I should play my deck. And yes I am on a losing spree. :( I would proberly need some deck fix and an advice!

Creatures [16]
Dimensional Warrior Girl [3]
Blade Knight
Saint Magician
Chaos Soldier - Envoy of Begining
Dun Zaroog
Magical Scientist
Magical Warrior - Breaker
Kaiku - Turner of the Dead
Android Psycho Shocker
Dark Magician of Chaos
Fiber Jar
Injection Fairy Lily
EX Virus
Killer Snake

Magic [17]
Pot of Greed
Distressing Choice
Hand Obliteration
Tempest
Cyclone
Hurricane
Change of Heart
Theft
Enemy Controller
Calling Reinforcement [2]
Emissary of Obliteration
Great Sword of Violation - Baou
Confiscate
Steadfast Guard
Rebirth of the Dead
Early Burial

Trap [7]
Apostles of Harmony
Sixth Sense
Heavenly Punishment
Cry of the Living Dead
Destruction Ring
Tidal Wave
Magic Drain

Yes this deck might seem n00bish. Hey but who can blame me right? I havn't been touching my deck regularly since I've entered the army lolz~ Don't blame me, blame on the army! :lol:

Yoh Asakura
5th September 2004, 09:00 AM
Fusions would be?

3x Crimson Bird
3x Baltypoo
3x Dragon Warrior
3x TES
3x Dragon Knight of Dark Realm - Dark Sword

That's it right? Unless you're gonna use the Knights (Black Flare and co)

If it was me, I would:

-1x Great Sword of Violation - Baou
-1x Rebirth of the Dead
-1x Magic Drain

+1x Forced Transfer
+1x Scape Goat
+1x Cyber Jar

Just for some added speed, stall and monster replacement.

What seems to be the major problem though? Is it hitting magic/traps or slow drawing? or are you just being over powered by other decks?

Dark-San
5th September 2004, 09:21 AM
Traps and stuffs~ >.<" I might start running Mirage Dragon if this continues on!

Yoh Asakura
5th September 2004, 09:29 AM
If it's traps run a second Hurricane or a Beowulf (Dark)/Mirage (Light) or run an Imperial.

jesschow12
5th September 2004, 10:15 AM
i heard tat the tournament gonna held at bishan :)

well anyway ,wats tempest and hurricane(confuse with english and jaapnese name :))

did u considering putting end of anubis,i was gonna try tat due to new tribute monster and they are big

Yoh Asakura
5th September 2004, 10:19 AM
Tempest - Heavy Storm
Hurricane - Giant Trunade

What's your sideboard like? well do you have a sideboard?

Last Exile
6th September 2004, 02:59 AM
Yoh's changes are about right.

More Wabokus and Compulsory Evacuation Devices and Sakuretsu Armors would work, since m/t destruction has been greatly depleted.

Or, just play a Magical Scientist deck. It's so damn powerful.

Dark-San
6th September 2004, 08:19 AM
Side board? Lolz~ Havn't think of one up yet. Maybe you can give a few examples! Anywayz I am thinking of playing Emissary of Destruction lolz~ (Might try out in this deck)

Roarkiller
6th September 2004, 09:51 AM
Yupz finally I have the stupid time to post my first topic in so many weeks no thanks to the army! :sweat4: I just completed my basic military training and now currently attending a course to be trained as a technician. Well compared to RK, I must say I have a more carefree schedule. Ain't I right? ;)

Don't. Get. Me. Started.

Well it aint a major nationals, so i guess it wouldnt really matter if u didnt win 1st place unless it goes on record. Juz posting to say good luck, meh.

Yoh Asakura
6th September 2004, 12:59 PM
Pfft dunno about a sideboard for a Semi-Chaos. I'll give it a go though...

1x Cyber Pod
1x Mirage Dragon
1x Ninja Master Sasuke
1x Dark Warrior - Beowulf

1x Hurricane
2x Resilient Warrior
1x Emissary of Destruction

1x Soul Line
1x Thunder Break
2x Explosive Armour
1x Apostles Of Harmony
2x Forced Ejection Machine

That's without the fix of your main deck. Edit your deck if you want a more effective sideboard.

EDIT: Typos. Yes for all those who did read this I typed Forced Ejection Harmony.

SWAMPERT1
6th September 2004, 08:50 PM
Yoh's suggestions are probably the best bet. Also, I wish you the best of luck.

Dark-San
10th September 2004, 11:17 PM
@Jess~ Anubis isn't worth to put into any decks now since the only monsters it can basically stop are Killer Snake, Saint Magician and Chaos. The only reason to play Anubis b4 the ban list came up is to stop Witch and Critter. But now both of them are banned so wats the big use of Anubis now?

Edited Deck:

Creatures [16]
Dimensional Warrior Girl [3]
Blade Knight
Saint Magician
Chaos Soldier - Envoy of Begining
Dun Zaroog
Magical Scientist
Magical Warrior - Breaker
Kaiku - Turner of the Dead
Android Psycho Shocker
Dark Magician of Chaos
Fiber Jar
Injection Fairy Lily
EX Virus
Killer Snake

Magic [19]
Pot of Greed
Distressing Choice
Hand Obliteration
Tempest
Cyclone
Hurricane
Change of Heart
Theft
Creature Swap
Calling Reinforcement [2]
Emissary of Obliteration
Emissary of Destruction [2]
Confiscate
Steadfast Guard
Rebirth of the Dead
Early Burial
Scapegoat

Trap [5]
Apostles of Harmony
Sixth Sense
Cry of the Living Dead
Destruction Ring
Tidal Wave

I sideboarded Heavenly Punishment. I also added in Emissary of Destruction to replace the missing cyclones. (I havn't been able to get use to the deck because of this reason! :lol: ) Rebirth of Dead have to stay due to the reason that I easily get back any creatures from the graveyard besides Chaos Soldier. So yupz ahead with the fix again~